Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
This is not a pro glock thread, I love mine and seems many like theirs as well. If you dont, FINE i dont care i dont own stock in glock, Carry what you shoot/handle/feels/like best I asked this out of curiosity to see what others liked. There are alot of GOOD guns out there, some fit different people better then others. Hey when you life is on the line its the gun you Feel most comfortable carrying  thats going to save your life.

This gun bashing crap if for school kids "my gun is better then your gun my daddy can beat up your daddy" We are all adults and have different tastes and we should be able to respect each other. Lets leave the rest of this BS to the children
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey FMD that friend that I work with (you met him) just bought a Browning Buckmark this last weekend. Maybe you can ask him to use it next time you come up to shoot .

BTW question the plastic all you want. just remember that whatever gun you go with will have to pass the "recoil by FMD" test. If that is a .50 cal pistol with or a cheap bb pistol I could care less just fix your recoil (it hurts to watch you).
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
BTW - I would take a Beretta over the Glock any day of the week, any!

Any particular reason?

Having owned a beretta in the past and having a glock to use right now, I'd actually take the glock over the beretta. I'm not a glockaid drinker either, hell I'd take my baby eagle over both of them.

Until last July I wouldn't even consider buying a glock. Most of my issue with glocks was I just didn't feel comfortable with the grip. Thats not an issue anymore so either is owning a glock. I don't care if it's an ugly gun, I don't care who uses it, or how popular it is. It's tough and reliable you pull the trigger on a live round and it goes bang. Thats all that matters. The trigger in this  glock19 i have is good, I actually like it, unlike the Glock 22 a friend used to have, that was a heavey trigger. The reset is short as well and very close to my baby eagle trigger reset. The safety in the trigger isn't an issue so far as far as numb fingers go. The lack of a manual safety IMO is a pluse for simplicity reasons(again a personal preferance, some people don't like the lack of a manual safety, thats thier choice too). I like the sights better too on the glock.

So far the glock19 seems to work pretty well for me. Better then the beretta92, which again is a good gun. I still shoot one now and then, but i don't own one anymore. I didn't like the trigger, didn't like the balance of it, or the grip on it. Didn't really like the sights either. Reliability was good I can't really complain about it, but it wasn't as reliable as the glock 19 has been(neither is my baby eagle though). The gun just didn't work for me so i stopped shooting it and eventualy sold it wasn't doing me any good laying in the safe. Might as well let somone else who will shoot it have it.

As far as the baby eagle goes thats my go to handgun.  I'm more comfortable with it so I'm more accurate with it. However I also think that if I spent as much time shooting with the glock i'd be just as accurate, if not more.I like the feel of it, the balance and the weight, the grip everything. The DA trigger is good and the single actuon pull is really nice(IMO of course) and the reset is short. I like the sights on it too, but I think the glock sights are better. I don't like the slide mounted safety but when I carry it I normaly carry it with the safety off anyway. But it can be a PITA when you go to slingshot the slide and get to much of yer hand on it, you'll get bit by that damn safety lever being up.

Thats my reasoning as to why i'd take the glock over the beretta and the baby eagle over the beretta and the glock. Whats yours for taking the beretta over the glock?  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
HK Usp.45 full size

yes , its a brick. but I am 6'3" 300 , so concealability was never an issue, when I lived whare I can carry, Also it ia as reliable as a brick , not sure the gun has ever mis fed, That said it is not for everyone, The trigger is fairly crap, and light is onr thing that does not describe that gun,

12+1 of .45 +p just makes me happy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any particular reason?

Having owned a beretta in the past and having a glock to use right now, I'd actually take the glock over the beretta. I'm not a glockaid drinker either, hell I'd take my baby eagle over both of them.

Until last July I wouldn't even consider buying a glock. Most of my issue with glocks was I just didn't feel comfortable with the grip. Thats not an issue anymore so either is owning a glock. I don't care if it's an ugly gun, I don't care who uses it, or how popular it is. It's tough and reliable you pull the trigger on a live round and it goes bang. Thats all that matters. The trigger in this  glock19 i have is good, I actually like it, unlike the Glock 22 a friend used to have, that was a heavey trigger. The reset is short as well and very close to my baby eagle trigger reset. The safety in the trigger isn't an issue so far as far as numb fingers go. The lack of a manual safety IMO is a pluse for simplicity reasons(again a personal preferance, some people don't like the lack of a manual safety, thats thier choice too). I like the sights better too on the glock.

So far the glock19 seems to work pretty well for me. Better then the beretta92, which again is a good gun. I still shoot one now and then, but i don't own one anymore. I didn't like the trigger, didn't like the balance of it, or the grip on it. Didn't really like the sights either. Reliability was good I can't really complain about it, but it wasn't as reliable as the glock 19 has been(neither is my baby eagle though). The gun just didn't work for me so i stopped shooting it and eventualy sold it wasn't doing me any good laying in the safe. Might as well let somone else who will shoot it have it.

As far as the baby eagle goes thats my go to handgun.  I'm more comfortable with it so I'm more accurate with it. However I also think that if I spent as much time shooting with the glock i'd be just as accurate, if not more.I like the feel of it, the balance and the weight, the grip everything. The DA trigger is good and the single actuon pull is really nice(IMO of course) and the reset is short. I like the sights on it too, but I think the glock sights are better. I don't like the slide mounted safety but when I carry it I normaly carry it with the safety off anyway. But it can be a PITA when you go to slingshot the slide and get to much of yer hand on it, you'll get bit by that damn safety lever being up.

Thats my reasoning as to why i'd take the glock over the beretta and the baby eagle over the beretta and the glock. Whats yours for taking the beretta over the glock?  

Personal preference not to mention my displeasure with the Glock, it doesn't impress me.

To quote CrotalusCo on the original post:
"I am curious as to which hangun everyone locally prefers. As I am a believer that you will carry your best gun. Which handgun will you carry once the CCW is passed.

I have carried my GLOCK 19 for 10+ years now and will continue to do so

P.S. while i understand we might have preferances for comp, target or fun shooting I am curious as to the gun you will DEPEND on when your life is on the line"

What I see is a question on preference and your life, so my response is extreme fire power that I have available. Have carried and shot the shit out of. The scenario wasn't laid out nor is any life altering situation so I opted for the extreme.

I too really like my Baby Eagle, it probably would be a good back up.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any particular reason?

Personal preference not to mention my displeasure with the Glock, it doesn't impress me.
what about it doesn't impress you though? It's a tool it ain't suposed to be a work of art.
To quote CrotalusCo on the original post:
"I am curious as to which hangun everyone locally prefers. As I am a believer that you will carry your best gun. Which handgun will you carry once the CCW is passed.

I have carried my GLOCK 19 for 10+ years now and will continue to do so

P.S. while i understand we might have preferances for comp, target or fun shooting I am curious as to the gun you will DEPEND on when your life is on the line"

What I see is a question on preference and your life, so my response is extreme fire power that I have available. Have carried and shot the shit out of. The scenario wasn't laid out nor is any life altering situation so I opted for the extreme.

I too really like my Baby Eagle, it probably would be a good back up.

The baby eagle, is on my hip in a Kramer IWB right now along with a spare mag(32 rounds of 124gr federal HST).

The glock is accessable to, so is my SBR but the baby eagle stays on me though. The SBR is actually my first choice if in the house, but if i'm not close to it I got the baby eagle to fight to it
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I guess it depend on the weather, maybe the Desert Eagle 44 or the Cobray M11 with front grip. I say fuck the Glock, you'all like them for the same reason everyone liked Nike shoes in the 80's. Last time I put the cobray up against the glock it out shot it hands down. Also the cheap gun didn't make the trigger finger numb from a assanine safety.

If thats a front pistol grip its class III

Did not see it other post never mind
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]
West German Sig P228 backed up by 275 lbs of  fighting fury.And a Polytech M14 in the trunk.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#9]
smith and wesson sw40ve.
or sig pro 2340

The only drawback on the smith is the trigger, It was Hard. Its down to about 5lbs now after some work. Smooth as butter. The sig is the sig is the sig. Good from the get go
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top