Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pow,

Any industry partners on ArfCom are always welcome to the HTF shoots...this is actually something that we have discussed amongst ourselves.

There are a host of firearms-related companies and organizations that are in the local area.

We have not 'reached out' per se, but would welcome your attendance and any others that might be interested.

Keep The High Ground,

G

View Quote

Anybody want to send out some emails to local places inviting them to join us for some fun-gunnin? Maybe they might want to participate in the swap-meet?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Howdy Boys!

Just thought I'd update the thread with some new info.

I met with one of the managers of the Mustang Range, Jim, today and we did the grand tour.

We have 3 rifle ranges at our disposal...all are out to 300 yards.
There is an Intermediate Range ~50 yards that has been used for close-in carbine drills and can be used for a pistol bay as well.
There are 7 total designated pistol bays on the property (exclusive of the Intermediate Range).

I have some craptacular cell phone-camera pics to follow.

The property also has an outhouse with a genuine, actual commode.
We will have to bring some 'waste water' as it requires you to fill the bowl once you've done your business.

NV_Geo is going to bring out a grill and I'm not sure how you guys want to do this.
Either bring out some dead animal flesh to grill or get some funds together and NV_Geo (or whomever) can get some burgers, dogs, fixins, etc.
BTW...alcohol is strictly verboten on the grounds of the facility...no exceptions, period.

*SnoopyComputer*...I did ask Jim how they felt about 'berm-mining' for lead...that would be a NO-GO, good buddy!

Lastly, in light of the fact that our target benefactor (i.e. NV_Geo) has had a tragic masturbatory accident and has a wrist out-of-commission.
We are going to need a working party to get all of the targets and stands loaded up before we head out to the range on October 19th.

So, I'm gonna need some volunteers...

What say you, N. NV ArfCom?

Keep The High Ground,

G

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Pistol Bay 1 of 7

Rifle Ranges 1, 2 & 3

G

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Intermediate Range

G
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Well at least some of the trash and shredded vehicles have been cleaned up.

Still very poor/low backstops and brush that catches fire if you even sneeze in the general direction.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice work G. Yeah, I'll need some slave labor before the shoot, and for unloading as well.

And, just like last time, I'll bring a fuckload of fire extinguishers, about half a dozen or so.

Link Posted: 9/21/2013 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm in the market for two lowers, and I prefer to keep my money in Northern Nevada when I can.  

Your lowers look great on the website and I'd be interested in seeing your product line in person.

Are you set up to do direct retail sales at your shop?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like fun... maybe i can get some of you to put some rounds through my prototype upper...

www.billet80.com

I'm in the market for two lowers, and I prefer to keep my money in Northern Nevada when I can.  

Your lowers look great on the website and I'd be interested in seeing your product line in person.

Are you set up to do direct retail sales at your shop?

Chris brought some of the ceracoated lowers in to check out. They are fucking nice.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#9]
So when is the date and time for this one and what the fee is going to be?

I might actually bring some guns this time if I can make it

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Howdy Boys!

Just thought I'd update the thread with some new info.

I met with one of the managers of the Mustang Range, Jim, today and we did the grand tour.

We have 3 rifle ranges at our disposal...all are out to 300 yards.
There is an Intermediate Range ~50 yards that has been used for close-in carbine drills and can be used for a pistol bay as well.
There are 7 total designated pistol bays on the property (exclusive of the Intermediate Range).

I have some craptacular cell phone-camera pics to follow.

The property also has an outhouse with a genuine, actual commode.
We will have to bring some 'waste water' as it requires you to fill the bowl once you've done your business.

NV_Geo is going to bring out a grill and I'm not sure how you guys want to do this.
Either bring out some dead animal flesh to grill or get some funds together and NV_Geo (or whomever) can get some burgers, dogs, fixins, etc.
BTW...alcohol is strictly verboten on the grounds of the facility...no exceptions, period.

*SnoopyComputer*...I did ask Jim how they felt about 'berm-mining' for lead...that would be a NO-GO, good buddy!

Lastly, in light of the fact that our target benefactor (i.e. NV_Geo) has had a tragic masturbatory accident and has a wrist out-of-commission.
We are going to need a working party to get all of the targets and stands loaded up before we head out to the range on October 19th.

So, I'm gonna need some volunteers...

What say you, N. NV ArfCom?

Keep The High Ground,

G

View Quote

Thanks G!!  This is great news.  So it looks like we are definitely on for the Mustang Range on Sat Oct 19th.

Is there going to be any range fees that we need to know about?

What time do we want to get started?  I remember we rushed down there pretty early last time to "claim" the range but that shouldn't be an issue at this location.  That being said, it took a little while to get the targets all set up last time.

I can definitely volunteer to be there to get things set up and will be bringing a 6 ft table and an EZ Up type shade shelter.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks G!!  This is great news.  So it looks like we are definitely on for the Mustang Range on Sat Oct 19th.

Is there going to be any range fees that we need to know about?

What time do we want to get started?  I remember we rushed down there pretty early last time to "claim" the range but that shouldn't be an issue at this location.  That being said, it took a little while to get the targets all set up last time.

I can definitely volunteer to be there to get things set up and will be bringing a 6 ft table and an EZ Up type shade shelter.
View Quote

Rig,

To Confirm: We are cleared for 19October2013...all day.

I will drop by NV-Geo's place around 9AM that date to help him load up some tables & misc.

Anyone who can help me with this and the other targets/stands...please PM me a contact# so I can text you the details.

We have use of the range until the sun sets...I'm thinking, setting up at the range around 11AM, so leaving locally around 10AM.
I have the lock code for the range gate.

I want everyone to be aware of the fact that the Mustang Range has had and continues to have issues with trespassers, vandals and thieves.

I told Jim that we will be vigilant and if anyone shows up that is not from the ArfCom group we will ensure they understand that they are not welcome.

We are the only people cleared for use of the facility that day.

In regards to range fees...Neither I nor Jim have not heard back from the other managers that cover this aspect of the range.
I will most definitely keep the group apprised of this situation as it develops...most of you that know me well, also know how I feel about surprises.
When I know, you guys will know...Jim did mention that usual fees are pretty nominal.

If you guys have any other questions, comments or suggestions...please keep them coming.
October will be here in no time and we should strive to have all of our ducks in a row.

G

Link Posted: 9/24/2013 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I might be able to make this one.  If so, I'll bring the HK's and friends
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry i'm a little late in on the thread but if needed i'm a paramedic, have all the needed gear and access to as many extinguishers as we need in whatever sizes needed.  let me know what I can do or bring to help out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry i'm a little late in on the thread but if needed i'm a paramedic, have all the needed gear and access to as many extinguishers as we need in whatever sizes needed.  let me know what I can do or bring to help out.
View Quote

Dude!

YES!...please.

We would definitely welcome with open arms an EMT-P.

Our local group has some 1st Responder types and some FireFighter guys.
I am a former Navy Corpsman (Combat Casualty/Emergency Med. background) and former EMT-2 (D).

One of the minor stipulations for use of the range and Class III, is that we have medical coverage.

We are covered as far as fire extinguishers.

Thank you for posting...and we could still use some more volunteers for the onload of targets and so forth that we will be coordinating with NV_Geologist.

Last, but not least...is anyone interested in some 'binary target' fun?
Just askin'...

Keep The High Ground,

G

Link Posted: 9/24/2013 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
I heard those were illegal?

Link Posted: 9/24/2013 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...from my cold, dead hands...

LOL!

Fuckin' asshats from the Fire Protection District only wish they were...fucking Nazis in turn-out gear.

G

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dude!

YES!...please.

I am a former Navy Corpsman (Combat Casualty/Emergency Med. background) and former EMT-2 (D).

One of the minor stipulations for use of the range and Class III, is that we have medical coverage.

Thank you for posting...and we could still use some more volunteers for the onload of targets and so forth that we will be coordinating with NV_Geologist.

Just askin'...

Keep The High Ground,

G

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude!

YES!...please.

Just askin'...

Keep The High Ground,

G

ok, barring something completely strange coming up i'm in.  I live in Sparks so I might be able to help with the target transport also.  If I can get at least one of my M101A3's registered by then we can load it up otherwise I have my truck.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#18]
isnt that the old camp CQB?

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#19]
They are HMMWV trailers I picked up from a surplus auction.  Just need titles and registrations for them.  I'm going to try to work on that on friday but no promises. Life has a way of getting in the way of life at times.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL!

Glad to see I'm not the only 'old-timer' in N.NV

Yep, that is the old Camp CQB.

Glad you will be coming, Jim...we can catch up and hang out.

G

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They are HMMWV trailers I picked up from a surplus auction.  Just need titles and registrations for them.  I'm going to try to work on that on friday but no promises. Life has a way of getting in the way of life at times.
View Quote

Doc,

Thanks for your assistance...if you can't get your 101A3 up by the time the shoot rolls around, no worries.

NV_Geo has a good sized truck and all of the targets & accoutrement fit in it before.

Just need the manpower as he has sustained a wrist injury and will need our assist.

Looking forward to meeting you.

G

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

G

I don't know if I can handle you two fools together.

Super serious
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I might be able to make it, and I talked to my friend who is an avid shooter as well. If he makes it he is a full on legit careflight nurse. Whenever we go shooting he always says if anything happens he can probably keep us alive until we get to the hospital
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I might be able to make it, and I talked to my friend who is an avid shooter as well. If he makes it he is a full on legit careflight nurse. Whenever we go shooting he always says if anything happens he can probably keep us alive until we get to the hospital
View Quote

Excellent!

Will be good to see you, again.

When you planning on putting up more stuff on your blog?...good stuff!

G

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Super serious
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

G

Super serious

You're a dork!

You will probably flake and show up an hour before we start shutting down...and bring no gun (other than your carry piece)

G

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't really own any guns. Just hang around forums and gunshops with my fellow commandos
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would that be the "Nick the Nurse" that I have met?...lol
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#28]
I am willing to do the dreaded "V" word & help out.

G - shoot me an IM or text message and let me know where & when I need to be present.  Yes, I know - "Volunteering" - It doesn't pay!

I will bring some suppressors for demonstrating.  I also have some cold packs in case anyone gets too hot and some aluminum powder if anyone wants to bronze one of their targets.

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am willing to do the dreaded "V" word & help out.

G - shoot me an IM or text message and let me know where & when I need to be present.  Yes, I know - "Volunteering" - It doesn't pay!

I will bring some suppressors for demonstrating.  I also have some cold packs in case anyone gets too hot and some aluminum powder if anyone wants to bronze one of their targets.

View Quote

LOL!

Yes, I am thinking that I might bring along some cold packs as well...mid-October in NV, sweltering heat.

NV_Geo and I will chat this weekend and see where we will rendez-vous.

Thanks, Buffet...I'll drop you a line as soon as I chat with NV_Geo and get some details together.

Looking forward to seeing you.

G

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Do you think the range would get pissed if we tried this experiment?
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you volunteering as a test subject?

I was very hesitant clicking that link - afraid that it might be another questionable two-person "improvised firing position".
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Forget the paramedics and nurses.....we should just park the helicopter out there for the day
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Forget the paramedics and nurses.....we should just park the helicopter out there for the day
View Quote

Park it?  When there may be coyotes around who need shooting from the air?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I was very hesitant clicking that link - afraid that it might be another questionable two-person "improvised firing position".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I regret that I have but one life to give to SCIENCE!

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Just askin'...

Keep The High Ground,

G

View Quote

If I can make it out there, I'll help with loading/unloading.  Hell, I think I'll bring the boy along too.  He can play "slave" (as the wife puts it) and help too.

Semper Fi,

Luis R.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If I can make it out there, I'll help with loading/unloading.  Hell, I think I'll bring the boy along too.  He can play "slave" (as the wife puts it) and help too.

Semper Fi,

Luis R.
View Quote

Lou,

Would be good to see you, brother.

It's been a little bit and we have lots to catch up on.

Bring the boy (young man, now) along...I'm sure that he would find the range fun as well.

G

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#37]
300 yards? Woot! This time I'm bringing something other than handguns and a 22 carbine. I'm going to make that steel sing!

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#38]
My work schedule is getting changed on Saturdays to start at 9AM, so I won't be able to make this one.

Maybe I will have to get with NSFJojo to have him do something awkward and borderline homo so that I can be there in spirit
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Any update on the fee? I need to start trying to find my gear, haven't shot in a long time

Quoted:
My work schedule is getting changed on Saturdays to start at 9AM, so I won't be able to make this one.

Maybe I will have to get with NSFJojo to have him do something awkward and borderline homo so that I can be there in spirit
View Quote

Sorry to hear that man.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Sent an e-mail today for follow up on the fee.

Have not heard back yet, will hopefully hear back from my POC today or tomorrow.

Will post ASAP when I have the price.

G

ETA...sux that Murph will not be in attendance
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Sent an e-mail today for follow up on the fee.

Have not heard back yet, will hopefully hear back from my POC today or tomorrow.

Will post ASAP when I have the price.

G

ETA...sux that Murph will not be in attendance

View Quote

It's not too late to get him fired.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#42]
If MeesterMurphy cant go......maybe MrsMurphy should show up with his "baby" (the Steyr AUG) and show us how its done!

She can hold her own....I ve seen it
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Howdy Boys!

Just got an e-mail from the P.O.C. of Mustang Range.

$5/person for the day...how's that for a pretty reasonable fee?

Anyway, the date is on the horizon and I also wanted to see if anyone besides Rigamarole is going to bring random firearms parts & accessories for sale or barter?

I was thinking of looking at some of the tubs-o-random-shit that I have and bring some stuff to the shoot.

I am mostly looking for primers, powder & projectiles right now...but you never know.

Would be kinda cool to have a little swappin' & sellin' going on in between shooting or towards the end of the day.

What say you, N. NV ArfBrothers???

Keep The High Ground,

G

Link Posted: 10/5/2013 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#44]

$5 seems right reasonable to me.

I have a favor to ask. Any of you who happen to have empty steel 7.62x54R casings laying around from some forgotten project, save em for me, will ya?

I might be able to use them as take down pins on my new stands.

Link Posted: 10/14/2013 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Hi all. I stumbled upon this thread today. I'm fairly new to the forum. This get together is right in my area. Do I need an invite or need to RSVP to attend this get-together?
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#46]
New guys are expected to wear a kilt.
Other than that, bring ammo, but god help you if it's steel core.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hi all. I stumbled upon this thread today. I'm fairly new to the forum. This get together is right in my area. Do I need an invite or need to RSVP to attend this get-together?
View Quote

That right there ^ is pretty much all the RSVP you'll need.

Look forward to meeting you...

G

Link Posted: 10/14/2013 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Cook out thoughts? I realized my grill wouldnt work for this, its charcoal and static. Anyone have a gas one they could bring to throw dogs on?
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Cook out thoughts? I realized my grill wouldnt work for this, its charcoal and static. Anyone have a gas one they could bring to throw dogs on?
View Quote

I can handle the grillin'
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NV_Geo & D B & G...how do we want to do this?

Everyone bring something or chip in and make a run into Fernley for meat & fixins?

G
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top