Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Welcome to Atlanta was an old song...an anthem though.

Kind of a silly song but if you listen to the lyrics you do get a lot of ATL culture out of it...southern culture in general. Even down the the waffle house.

lol, i guess that shows my age

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to Atlanta was an old song...an anthem though.

Kind of a silly song but if you listen to the lyrics you do get a lot of ATL culture out of it...southern culture in general. Even down the the waffle house.

lol, i guess that shows my age

Lol...I think I was in 6th grade when the first version came out man. That's a long while ago.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Get Crunk U all
BEND OVER TO THA FRONT AND TOUCH YA TOES!!

I dont think this will be anything like it was in the 90's. I'm sure the first even hint of trouble and  REDDAWG will be lobing tear gas and rubber bullets
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Lil 'Jon was in the musical too....
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Most towns that have anything big hate to see the event come to town. I know when I use to go to NMRA Finals in Bowling Green the people at the hotel said they dreaded to have a bunch of idiots in Mustangs in town for a weekend...dont know why
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's a large celebration that's been gone for awhile. People want to feel good and have fun and Ted Turner threw his hat in the ring. Remember what Sun Tzu said about soldiers who want to go home? Same thing here.

Oh yeah, Mr. Monk.

Start Here....and continue on to Part 2...and so on.

Funk..straight funk or it is it crunk...

I am going to steal the "Man up or bitch out." saying.

Monk

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a large celebration that's been gone for awhile. People want to feel good and have fun and Ted Turner threw his hat in the ring. Remember what Sun Tzu said about soldiers who want to go home? Same thing here.

Oh yeah, Mr. Monk.

Monk

Did you really watch the whole thing? Like all the parts ?

Lol.

You're awesome.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, Mr. Monk.

Monk

Mellow yellow just come out my nose
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, Mr. Monk.

Monk

Did you really watch the whole thing? Like all the parts ?

Lol.

You're awesome.

Yep all of it.

I don't know what you heard about me
But a bitch can't get a dollar out of me
No Cadillac MRAP, no perms, you can't see
That I'm a motherfucking P.I.M.P. M.O.N.K.

Actually P.I.M.P was one of t unofficial songs for my detachment
Dick in a Box was the other.

Monk
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Lol @ MRAP.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
When was the last freaknik?? Never heard of it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Like...1994?

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like...1994?  

wow, yea I would probably be soo up for going...... in my college days lol
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#14]
It lasted until at least '96 or '97, I was working at CAU in '96 and only two of us showed up to work the Friday it started, and I had to give the other one a ride back to his car because MARTA stopped running to campus by noon.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like...1994?  

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I know it lasted longer than 96' because a friend of mine had a shirt that said "No sand no beaches just sweet African peaches, Freaknik 96'." I was planning on going to the braves game this weekend with my wife and daughter but looks like I will be hanging out in the Dallas area.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 3:43:27 AM EDT
[#16]
i just wanted to publicly thank brandon for calling me and offering me a ride so i wouldn't miss the event, your a heck of a guy bgcoop
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 4:39:04 AM EDT
[#17]
'98 or so was the last one I think.
We used to go sit at the Fellini's on Ponce and watch all the people cruising by hanging out of their cars.  
I remember trying to drive up 85 and several of the right most lanes being parking lots with people standing around dancing and drinking on the interstate.  
Was not sorry to see it go.  Not really thrilled to see it back.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 4:44:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

We used to go sit at the Fellini's on Ponce and watch all the people cruising by hanging out of their cars.  

I remember trying to drive up 85 and several of the right most lanes being parking lots with people standing around dancing and drinking on the interstate.  

Don't sweat it too much, a couple gang rapes, some random violence, shootings and some looting and it will get shit canned again.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 5:09:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

1999 was the last year for freaknik i remember because i was working in the body shop at john bleakley ford in Lithia Springs and we had to repair damage to a guys truck that had been pretty badly damaged in some kind of accident during freaknik, his truck was there the year before that to. The time i had to repair the truck it got a new bed and put on the frame rack for some readjustments, the year before it got the front left fender, bumper and a few other things replaced.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I can't imagine why any "revelers" would want to come up here, but should we expect any presence around the North 285/75 junction?
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I can't imagine why any "revelers" would want to come up here, but should we expect any presence around the North 285/75 junction?

You will only see them there if they are staying with friends who live there. All of the partying is slated for CAU complex, Lenox, Piedmont, Underground, some parts of Dekalb, etc.
Whiteys outside of 285 should be safe.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will only see them there if they are staying with friends who live there. All of the partying is slated for CAU complex, Lenox, Piedmont, Underground, some parts of Dekalb, etc.
Whiteys outside of 285 should be safe.

Good deal. All the same, Ill probably still walk around the apartment with the flak jacket on and .45 at my hip.

ETA: In case anybody was confused, the flak jacket and .45 have nothing to do with freaknik. It was going to happen anyway, freaknik or not.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
some bastard was rapping about "welcome to atlanta where the playas, play"

Oh, you don't ride on them thangs like every day?  I do.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
i just wanted to publicly thank brandon for calling me and offering me a ride so i wouldn't miss the event, your a heck of a guy bgcoop

Any time man, i fugured who would want to stay around here and do all that boring stuff like shooting and making large pizza boxes turn into small pieces of paper, when we could be at Freaknik, you pay for the gas and i'll buy the beer, 211 steel reserve is your choice of beverages right. When we leavin

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#25]
If it did come back with a vengeance, then perhaps it would help fuel the split between Milton and Fulton Counties
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If it did come back with a vengeance, then perhaps it would help fuel the split between Milton and Fulton Counties

Milton can't get out unless Fulton agrees with a constitutional amendment to let it split. Good luck with that.
Imagine that it was Milton that originally begged to merge with Fulton. Ha Ha Ha
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any time man, i fugured who would want to stay around here and do all that boring stuff like shooting and making large pizza boxes turn into small pieces of paper, when we could be at Freaknik, you pay for the gas and i'll buy the beer, 211 steel reserve is your choice of beverages right. When we leavin

you know, we are gonna stick out like Obama at a TEA party tax rally with our pastiness and your bright yellow F150 . i need to rinse off my cooler, also do you think we'll have room for my grill in the back of the truck?

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you know, we are gonna stick out like Obama at a TEA party tax rally with our pastiness and your bright yellow F150 . i need to rinse off my cooler, also do you think we'll have room for my grill in the back of the truck?

I don't think we'll stick out that bad, the truck does have 20's, and with those new dance moves you were talkin about that you learned off youtube, we'll blend in great, and there's always room for a grill, but we are deff. splitting the cost of all the hookers and blow.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think we'll stick out that bad, the truck does have 20's, and with those new dance moves you were talkin about that you learned off youtube, we'll blend in great, and there's always room for a grill, but we are deff. splitting the cost of all the hookers and blow.

do you think "getting jiggy with it" is outdated, that's all this no dancing white boy could figure out, jodi just kept shaking her head. your 20" are pretty small now compaired to what some kids bring in to the shop. and as long as you don't insist on the tranny hookers again, that was really hard to explain to jodi

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

do you think "getting jiggy with it" is outdated, that's all this no dancing white boy could figure out, jodi just kept shaking her head. your 20" are pretty small now compaired to what some kids bring in to the shop. and as long as you don't insist on the tranny hookers again, that was really hard to explain to jodi

Jodi was just upset because you didn't include her.

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jodi was just upset because you didn't include her.

lol, we better knock it off before we get this thread locked. we can hurle insults tomorrow over the grill and beers
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#32]
That settles it. I want to take the GA HTF to Freaknik
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Any updates, is Atlanta still standing, have the freaknicers started to invade.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I heard it fizzeled (my nizzel).

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah....Bad timing...No Promotion. Spring Break is pretty gone...been gone.

So Freaknik is BARELY happening right now.

That's the reports I'm getting from my ATL recon.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah....Bad timing...No Promotion. Spring Break is pretty gone...been gone.

So Freaknik is BARELY happening right now.

That's the reports I'm getting from my ATL recon.

That's a far cry from the block party I remember happening between 10th and 14th on the connector back around 96/97.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#37]
One block party....a Freaknik does not make.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Roswell had a pretty large event planned and then all of the sudden the permits were withdraw.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#39]
it's a govt conspiracy man
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Must have been a hoax.  I had dinner south of 20, came up Boulevard to North, then N. on Ptree for desert.  Downtown seemed very slow tonight.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#41]
all the nerds were at the GA Dome
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Spring street is clear. A few people at the cheetah and primal but the line isnt even that long.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:40:08 AM EDT
[#43]
The media kept talking about how bad the gridlock was going to be, and everyone stay away from Atlanta.

Same thing happened in the '96 Olympics. Very few people showed up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard it fizzeled (my nizzel).

Fo shizzel.

ByteTheBuhzizzel  (-:
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#45]
A clearly distraught attendee on the news this morning: "this ain't freaknik it's copnik"
LOL!
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

A clearly distraught attendee on the news this morning: "this ain't freaknik it's copnik"

LOL!

On V103 they had two "originators" of Freaknik on talking about it.

It became apparent quite quickly that they had no knowledge of the history of Freaknik, its past presence, were in their early 20's and didn't create anything, were very ignorant, and just wanted to party after having seen this cartoon so started the promotions.

They argued with each other over the radio about why Freaknik, and why the name, and why the event before the DJ finally said "Look....neither of ya'll knows anything."
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#47]
It was Weaknik.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Sputnik

there. i said it. somebody had to.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Bring some food and we'll have a piknik.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#50]
$1 for a quikpik
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top