Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a citizen pointed a taser at police, would the next step in escalation be for the offcers to open fire?

More than likely yes

But it can't kill ya. It's low on most departments ladder of force. It only makes you fall down and cry like a little girl.

if you taze a cop and incapacitate them, even momentarily, you could potentialy get control of their sidearm.....just sayin...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I wouldn't try to get their sidearm. The Glock grip just doesn't feel right in my hand.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I wouldn't try to get their sidearm. The Glock grip just doesn't feel right in my hand.

Cue Grumpy...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a citizen pointed a taser at police, would the next step in escalation be for the offcers to open fire?

http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scribblings_of_the_metrop/_files_troll_2.jpg

Many variable to consider, but you'd probably get your troll ass shot.

So you use it routinely to avoid hurting anyone but if my troll ass pointed it at you I would be shot. Interesting.

If you point a taser at me, I can only assume you intend to use it.

While I'm being tased, I can't move or react.  I am armed with a loaded handgun.  Hmmmm.

Do I want to be laying there being tased by some fucktard who obviously has no regard for law enforcement?  Do I want to offer them free access to my handgun?

Does the troll gene come from your mother or father's side?

What does my family have to do with this? Your not even allowed to attack family members in the pit.
You have a total disdain for those that don't respect you but you spew venom in every direction.
And when backeds into a corner you play the troll card. Exactly how much lunch money did you lose in school.
You have serious problems bud. It's blatantly obvious.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More than likely yes

But it can't kill ya. It's low on most departments ladder of force. It only makes you fall down and cry like a little girl.

if you taze a cop and incapacitate them, even momentarily, you could potentialy get control of their sidearm.....just sayin...

did you really expect the glock to feel like a C cup titty in your hand?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

More than likely yes

did you really expect the glock to feel like a C cup titty in your hand?

I added 106 hoague wrap arounds to mine once....still didn't do the trick.  Tasted terrible too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Dammit, you guys hijacked my hijack, now my question is sitting at the bottom of the previous page, never to be answered.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dammit, you guys hijacked my hijack, now my question is sitting at the bottom of the previous page, never to be answered.

He's not going to answer it. Truth is, he does whatever the fuck he wants. Then you have to hire a lawyer and waste your time suing him later.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's not going to answer it. Truth is, he does whatever the fuck he wants. Then you have to hire a lawyer and waste your time suing him later.

Well, let's let him say that shall we?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

a more important question is...can you cook bacon with a tazer in an emergency...say power outage or natural disaster....

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW! You have got to be kidding.

The shitbag runs deep in this one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Why can't we just all get along?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Didn't they taze the guy who said that ?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't they taze the guy who said that ?

That and I believe some side-handled baton action.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW! You have got to be kidding.

The shitbag runs deep in this one.

Well in past posts he claims to be a cop. I think he has a bad case of too much time in his Mothers basement.

Most certianly a shit bag.

If he was a cop he wouldn't post like he does, I have respect for most Police but really have no use for cops. They tend to be shitheads enthralled by their own power.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Non-compliance is obstruction.

Good luck proving the INTENT of the person who doesn't move.

Wow, if you're going to quote me, you should at least quote something that I actually said.  But hey, whatever makes your penis feel bigger is cool.

Actually, I put it italics to draw attention to it. In the interest of fairness, I wanted everyone to see that I was using what I gathered from your post, NOT what you actually said. But IF you believe ad hominem attacks magically make you more right, then you're too dumb to be in this conversation.

Quoted:
For your reading enjoyment:

Obstructing a law enforcement officer.

(1) A person is guilty of obstructing a law enforcement officer if the person willfully hinders, delays, or obstructs any law enforcement officer in the discharge of his or her official powers or duties.

Thank you for making my point: an officer would have to walk into a courtroom and prove INTENT to obstruct, which is pretty much asking the jury to believe police can read minds.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, so I've purposefully been using two words, arrest and detain. Same rules apply for both?

Absolutely.

It's all about the choices the arrestee or detainee makes.

What about a "detainee" in the below, hypothetical situation.

"I'm not saying shit without a lawyer, either arrest me for something or let me go" and they begin to walk away.

And now we're back to Spankys OTHER thread.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#17]
First of all, could you guys quit jumping down eachother's throat for the sake of jumping down eachother's throat? It's childish and you look like a bunch of bafoons.

So, what's the nitty gritty on this one?

LEOs are put in a curious position. A position that at a glance, can appear to be more-equal than the citizens they are sworn to protect. When someone is hurt or killed by a peace officer, almost always it is due to a lack of a clear mind on SOMEBODY's part. Sometimes the victim is a complete, weapons grade idiot, sometimes the cop screwed up. Because we' have instilled a bit of power in the law enforcement community, we'd like to think that as trained professionals that they are able to make the correct decision 99.9% of the time. This is what they go to school for right? This however is not true. Cops make mistakes, just like everyone else. When a mistake is made, it lowers our respect for those who we see as better trained than the rest of us. The bad part of this is, that the mistake is written off as just that, a mistake and the report shows as such. The officer gets some time off, but then goes back to work. No malicious intent, so why should he be fired? He just screwed up, right?

Along those lines, the press loves sensation, so when someone is hurt/killed due to an encounter with a police officer. There is no sensation in "A guy tried to kill a cop and it didn't work out for him". So, spin the story so the facts are loose and a question is available. Question the professional. A dumbass is a dumbass and will always screw up, but did a professional screw up? Story at 11. The story at 11 will continue to be vague, so that the question (and the news story) can continue for more than the night of the incident. Once the public outrage dies down, so does the story...usually a couple weeks before the investigation is over with and all the facts have come out.

Along the same lines as above, the media rarely shows cops doing the right thing. Why would they? Same on youtube, rarely a video of a cop doing a textbook arrest with no question of what was going on. Why would there be? Would you watch it? When all you see in the news and on youtube is the shit-ball cops, human nature sets in again.

We also have the feeling that more and more laws are creeping into our personal lives, laws that we, as conservatives feel are unneccisary, against the idea of free will, and in some cases, unconstitutional. And who gets the shitty job of enforcing these laws? Well, it aint the guy that tests Voip software for Microsoft, it's the cop. They become an extension of the law that we feel is against what we deeply believe in.

The cops get defensive when they are accused of being jack booted thugs. Truth is, they are out there. Some guys join up so they can crack skulls, kick the shit out of some scumbags, for the power, for the action, whatever. Then some join because they want to clean up the neighborhood/city/town/county/state/whathaveyou.

Lastly there are folks that just don't like authority and the fact that we have chosen to employ people to have and enforce that authority.

What's the point of my run on line of BS? What's the solution?

Like minded citizens and police need to get together and work to eliminate shitty laws and shitty cops.

What defines a shitty cop or shitty law? Anyone that acts in conflict with the following:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

No person shall be held to answer for any capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation. </dd> </dl>

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district where in the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

EDIT: Copy paste from wiki
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What about a "detainee" in the below, hypothetical situation.

"I'm not saying shit without a lawyer, either arrest me for something or let me go" and they begin to walk away.

Yep, if an LEO has enough to lawfully detain them, then their actions will dictate the amount of force that is used to lawfully detain them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What does my family have to do with this? Your not even allowed to attack family members in the pit.
You have a total disdain for those that don't respect you but you spew venom in every direction.
And when backeds into a corner you play the troll card. Exactly how much lunch money did you lose in school.
You have serious problems bud. It's blatantly obvious.

You crack me up, man.  Thanks for the laughs!  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well in past posts he claims to be a cop. I think he has a bad case of too much time in his Mothers basement.

Most certianly a shit bag.

If he was a cop he wouldn't post like he does, I have respect for most Police but really have no use for cops. They tend to be shitheads enthralled by their own power.

I love you too.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess we can't have anything nice in here.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top