Link Posted: 7/18/2003 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Only in Texas, Our Texas, could you find a lake with a name such as:

Possum Kingdom!

Eric The(AndIt'sBeautiful)Hun

Possum Kingdom Lake, a great place to fish.

I used to fish there a lot of times from Striped Bass, Big mouth Bass, and Catfish.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Camping @ PK every Fall & Spring with my daughter and Indian Princesses/Guides. Great place! This spring was our last trip with the Y program. She drank her "Buffalo Blood" and graduated.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's tonight folks!!!

What 'tonight'?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry I didn't make this. I spent most of the day outside today and I'm wiped out. I'll be spending most of the day outside tomorrow also.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay everyone, post your restaurant reviews here!

(Raise your hand if you wanted to see Energizer kick that guy's butt who kept telling him to button his shirt and tuck it in!)
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:13:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I was impressed with the level of service. After taking a few drinks from my iced tea, it was quickly refilled. I was also impressed with the amount of food that I received for the price. Overall, I would say that I was happy with Cool River and that I would go back.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:12:31 AM EDT
[#12]
In the bar area, I thought the service was excellent. In the restaurant, our table service was okay (there were two tables), but could have been better.

I had the smoked chicken salad for dinner. They didn't put the dressing on it so I had to wait for them to bring it to me. The taste was okay.

For an appetizer in the bar area, I had the chicken wings: very good flavor. Their ranch is actually a buttermilk garlic concoction, which is pretty good, but not if you are on a date... It came with some spicy potato slices, which were pretty good! Definately will have to get those again.

As for the dress code: when we were leaving, they decided that a couple of us (not just me) needed to tuck in our shirts and stuff, and they made a big deal of it, even though we WERE LEAVING (saying "bye" and shaking hands) and we were paying customers and we were dressed to "code" earlier (I confirmed it)... WTF?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:07:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:32:52 AM EDT
[#14]

I like it.  Except one a**hole asked me to tuck my shirt in; I said OK, but didn't do it because I was carrying.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#15]
i might try to sneek on up for the next one.  someone might have to adopt me (or LT can hook a brotha up) if ya'll choose to go to the establishments with a nice view!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I almost forgot to add my review!

The bar area was definately the most fun. We had a table, but the chairs were tall. That was neat. Energizer's chicken wings looked very good, and the chips and salsa that they brought to the table were deffinately excelent. Whenever my Coke ran out, they promptly brought another one, and service was very friendly and, on the whole, just great.

For dinner, I didn't pay much attention to the service, as we were busy conversing. The food, when brought out, looked like a border-line work of art. I was happy with the pasta and blackened chicken that I had for dinner. However, taste wise, the blackened chicken at Applebee's is probably better, the the pasta at Cool River is better. The chicken just didn't seemed blackened enough. However, the timeliness of the food delivery seemed very good.

On the way out, they could have been a little bit more relaxed about the dress code. Apparantly, as the night progressed, the dress code enforcement became more and more stringent. In the end, it caused us to leave earlier, as we choose not to go back to the bar and order after-dinner drinks. Mind you, this was the same bar that our dress was perfectly acceptable earlier in the evening.

Overall, I would say that I relatively indifferent as to whether we go back or not. The company was enjoyable, and after all, isn't that what this is about anyways? However, I do think that Bone Daddy's is a better meeting place for the D/FW Crew!

Thanks for all of the hard work on organizing this, LT. It was fun!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I was thinking for our next Saturday night DFW dinner (August 2003), we have it over in Ft. Worth, before the summer is over...

Joe T. Garcia's
We all have been there before (twice) for the Ft. Worth gun show lunches. They have a pool (hopefully being used... hehe) anyway, pretty decent mexican food, lots of it, and will make the Ft. Worth crew happy...
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I had a good time as well. I didn't really care about
having to tuck my shirt in or take off the hat.
Food was great and its always good to hang out with my friends.
It was good to see John and his wife from K2 Sports
make it again as well as meeting 1ar4me and his wife.
Maybe Sony will get to come to the next dinner.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
As far as the dress code. The bar area becomes a club by 10:00PM. This means that their dress code changes to "stylish" That is why they required us to were collared shirts since I mentioned that we will be staying over.

Yeah, but we were leaving at 9:00PM, not 10:00PM.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a great time. Great company great food.. Looking forward to the JT Garcia fajitas and margaritas.. I let the Mrs. drive so i can get wallowed
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:09:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Great to see all you guys...just want to put my two cents in as one of the lucky ones......do we have some fine women or what?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

As far as the dress code. The bar area becomes a club by 10:00PM. This means that their dress code changes to "stylish"...

Sounds like they've loosened up a bit.  On previous visits there, usually later on weeknights, they've always required jacket and tie.  But it has been over a year since I've visited.

mm
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top