BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:59:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet, I'll be moving back to IA end of Sept after 18 years in Japan... Looking forward to being able to put lead down range again and will definitely try to make the October event if I'm settled in by then.  Do you have a mailing list that I can get in on?   What's the average number or rounds needed to compete in each of the events?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Dragonfd3s, we don't have a mailing list. You'll need 15 rounds for the sniper challenge, and 40-90 for the combat course, with min 20 pistol rounds. In the combat course you can't advance to the next target till you score a hit on the one you're shooting at. We've seen guys get it in a little over 20 and guys that went through 90 and ran out before they finished the course. Welcome back from japan!
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah, forgot to ask, are there any age limits?  I need to get my kids up to speed since they grew up in a none gun friendly country and then I'd like to start getting them in to some shooting competitions, CQB, 3 Gun etc in order to get them used to shooting under stress.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]
We're more concerned with their ability to handle a firearm safely while moving, we've been trying to convince a friend to bring his 11yo daughter out to try it out, but we've been around her and know she's mature enough, she just hasn't shot and moved. If you want when you're settled I can meet you and your kids at the range and do some simple shoot and move exercises.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds good, I have 3 kids btw...  My son is 19, so I'm sure he's OK..  My 16 year old daughter was the one I was wondering about...  The 6 year old has a little growing to do yet.   If I can get my wife out there you might just have 4 new shooters.    assuming I can afford to purchase the ammo for everyone to go.. lol
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I havn't shot this kind of course before, but it sounds interesting.  Is the match still on for August 26?  What exactly do you mean by "Combat prone"?
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 5:00:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes the match is rain or shine Aug 26th, barring lightning. Combat prone is either lying on your side shooting your weapon on its side, or lying completely flat on your stomach with the rifle out in front of you. Just think of shooting under an obstacle with an 8" high opening.
Link Posted: 8/8/2012 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I might be making this one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't forget your brass catcher!
Link Posted: 8/9/2012 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Whatcha gonna be shooting?

Link Posted: 8/9/2012 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatcha gonna be shooting?  

Someone offered to let me shoot their rifle
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Well the Locust Street Liar was supposed to run an ad for the shoot today. I'm goin to be really pissed if they charge my card now. Anyhoo, one week notice! Got the new (correct) scope on the MK12 clone so ill be ready to shoot it in the combat course again.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice rifle!

I've put this together for the combat shoot.  I just need to run out to the range and zero it.

LaRue upper, Armalite lower with NM trigger topped with a 1.5-5x20.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#14]
What sort of round count are you planning for the sniper and combat courses?
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:49:41 AM EDT
[#15]
45_bravo, round count for the sniper challenge is 15, the combat course 45-90 rifle, 45 pistol should cover it. If you want to try the chalk challenge its $5 a shot to qualify, so how ever many rounds you think you need for that, X2 for the sudden death elimination. $3 of every $5 put into the pot goes to the winner. Hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Looking like the weather is goin to be shitty this weekend. Ill keep updating as we get closer, basicly were only goin to cancel for thunder/lightning or deluge rain. Ill post Sat night and early Sun morning so if you're planning on comming you can check the updates. Wishing I could make the IFC /NRA rally but I'm scheduled to work till 2pm Sat then setting up for the shoot. Maybe next year.......
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Everyones favorite bearded man is going to be there

Shooting video and photos instead of bullets
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#18]
What! No bullets?!? Bullshit I say! Bring your damn gun!
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What! No bullets?!? Bullshit I say! Bring your damn gun!

No good bullets... Haven't even shot my 700 since the match in April (Nor have i cleaned it...i should probably do that). It did get a nice new Bushnell 3200 that needs sighted in.

For the match in April i was shooting Remington UMC, witch is about a 31/2-4 MOA round... on good days Probably didn't help my accuracy much.

If you can recommend me some consistent 1moa or less ammo that i can buy at Sportsmans, I'll zero the bitch tomorrow and Shoot the match on Sunday... But I'm still going to shoot TulAmmo for the combat match
Link Posted: 8/23/2012 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Any of the factory match should get u there, I'm pretty sure they don't have Black Hills, so id try Hornady or Federal GMM
Link Posted: 8/24/2012 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Got me one of them old tymey guns so I will be there Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#22]
OK we need you to chime in if you're going to show tomorrow. The rain isn't goin to stop today so we'll setup an abbreviated course in the morning. If the interest isn't there we'll call it off. Ill check back at 9pm and make the call then. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#23]
BobRoberts, cavscouty and I will be there for sure.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#24]
My twin and I will be there...

Finally got my scope zeroed, and figured out my Hold overs (kinda), and picked up some decent ammo

We'd all understand canceling the event because of the weather, setup takes along time and time is valuable. If only 4-5 shooters show up, its hard to justify the time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#25]
We're going to setup a smaller course, probly 3 stations under the shelters. This is just going to be for fun so no prize money and a $5 entry. Stu did set up a wicked station that I think everyone, me included, is going to hate. See you in the morning
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#26]
*looks at watch, looks at bed, puts beer down...
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 12:15:28 AM EDT
[#27]
As long as I get off on time I'll be there.  I might be passed out in the parking lot but I'll be there.  Thanks for setting stuff up on such a nice day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Well the weather was unpredictable as usual so it was a beautiful day and we had a really good turnout to boot, with. 9 competitors total. Everyone had a good time I think and there were no problems of any kind. We'd like to thank everyone that came and helped with the setup and teardown. Heres a couple of shots I took  with the phone.

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#29]
You guys were great hosts and the competition was stiff. I had a great time hope to make the next one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I got the weekend off and was wondering if any one could enlighten me on the combat shoot on the first of September. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn, sorry Dan I haven't been on here for a couple days. The shoot was canceled, hope you didn't drive out for it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks Bill I got called in to work so no loss
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Is it too early to be looking forward to the next match?

Got myself a whole new setup... well same scope but everything else will be new

Hopefully everyone from the last shoot shows up again, and some new folks also.

Any reloaders want to take me under their wing and show me the ropes?
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Anytime you want to learn let me know
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anytime you want to learn let me know

Possibly sometime next week? Are you set up for .308?

You need to get a bolt gun set up, Jack has his, and I'm picking mine up from the shop tomorrow. Scrounge up some cash, throw something together and we'll set up a day for some shooting.
Link Posted: 9/29/2012 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Is the f-class shoot still on for tomorrow on colfax?
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:10:19 AM EDT
[#37]
The next match is the 21st, in 2 weeks. Keep that day open! Hope to see a good turn out for the last match this year. Bill
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Another match in the books. Thanks to Stuart and Bill for another fun course. See ya all at the next match.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Well I blew it on thier sniper match but got first place on the DM course. On the sniper match you have to collect all your brass. So I tried a caldwell brass catcher. Caused a double feed and three pieces of brass made it out of the bag. Plus I called the ranges wrong so I had the wrong dope for 6 of the 15 targets. The targets were 5 inch swingers. So plenty big at the ranges we shot at. The DM course was more to my liking as I got rid of the brass catcher, found the right ranges to the targets and my pistol work was solid. The next guy down was shooting a GAP 260 boltgun w/ a Nightforce 5.5x20 I think. He had the 10 rd AI mags so that helped him alot. I would have liked to try the DM match w/my ACOG. 4x and the hold-offs might be tough. The ranges were from 50 out to two hundred yds. Shot from a roof line, out of a plastic culvert, out of a low cover type box, thru a fence sitting betweem cinder blaoks and off a twenty foot ladder. Only four shooters total, not sure why. Great props, good match direction and the course was very doable as in skill needed to complete it was middle of the road. I felt I got my moneys worth and am looking forward to making more matches next year and again thanks to everyone who set it up and all.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#40]
This shoot fell off my radar screen.  Totally forgot about it.

Link Posted: 10/21/2012 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like a fun time. Had all my gear packed, then one of my girls was sick on sat night.. decided to stay and help the wife.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top