User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:28:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Amazon much?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:07:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, but that's how is goes now a days; you run at a loss, especially while early R&D heavily going on, and you are building your manufacturing plants in USA.  

If you think they are blatant, you just aren't paying attention.  Remember Government Motors?  Or Bank bailouts?  Of the big 3 pensions that the gov had to assume?  Shit, Tesla is chump change compared to that.

And yes, reread those articles you linked, and you'll see they are written with *almost* the same love the media gives firearms; they are nothing but emporer has no clothes.  I swear the writers must be trying to short Tesla stock.

Bottom line: world leading tech developed in america, ALL jobs in america.  Even bringing manufacturing back.

Seriously dude, if you don't love Tesla, how can you love america?? :)
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 4:34:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank goodness for the EPA!

They just turned the Colorado River into toxic mustard.

I wonder who will be fined for THAT debacle?

BTW: FBHO.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nothing to see here...nothing to see here...

If a fishing boat puts a couple of quarts of hydraulic fluid in the water they better have booms out and towels to soak it ALL up...even then they get a fine and possible criminal action. When the feds contaminate the entire water supply to half the country it's "Oh no worries it will all settle and it isn't that big of deal".

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank goodness for the EPA!

They just turned the Colorado River into toxic mustard.

I wonder who will be fined for THAT debacle?

BTW: FBHO.

Nothing to see here...nothing to see here...

If a fishing boat puts a couple of quarts of hydraulic fluid in the water they better have booms out and towels to soak it ALL up...even then they get a fine and possible criminal action. When the feds contaminate the entire water supply to half the country it's "Oh no worries it will all settle and it isn't that big of deal".

I literally had tears in my eyes when I saw the aerial footage of that spill.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The latest software update allows the Model S to hit 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. That is quicker than the Mclaren F1.

Faster than falling is how Musk described it.

Go Tesla!

View Quote

And the effect on range is?????
(No such thing as a free lunch!)
Also the effect of doing this repeatedly on their already somewhat failure prone final drive?
Oh yah, wouldn't want to talk about that.
A one time stunt does not impress me, doing that five thousand times without creating a failure might.

Go Tesla indeed, we just disagree about their final destination.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

]Also the effect of doing this repeatedly on their already somewhat failure prone final drive?
A one time stunt does not impress me, doing that five thousand times without creating a failure might.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The latest software update allows the Model S to hit 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. That is quicker than the Mclaren F1.

Faster than falling is how Musk described it.

Go Tesla!

]Also the effect of doing this repeatedly on their already somewhat failure prone final drive?

Not a car in the world, with that kind of torque , would meet your requirements.

I could care less if tesla comes or goes so long as I'm not forced to buy one.... Or any electric vehicle for that matter.
But you have to admit that the acceleration numbers are impressive regardless of your stance on the company.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#10]
It's still a glorified golf cart full of batteries.
With every launch it loses charge.
How many of those super launches before the kid in a clapped out Chevy Sprint takes you?
"Hey guys, I need six hours to recharge before the next run, OK?"

Don't look now but there are active efforts underway to force you to buy an electric in the near future.
Remember, Teste was started with Oboma-Bucks ("Stimulus Funding") so they are already a quasi-gov org.
Under the current regime there WILL be demands that the public play along with the scheme.
And the next regime is unlikely to make any real change no matter who runs it as they will not want to be accused of wasting all that "Investment", or "Threatening thousands of jobs" while "Endangering the planet by supporting the continuation of fossil fuels".

F' Tesla and the whole "Green" charade!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"With every launch it loses charge".....do you actually think before you write?

I'm gonna wreck your idea of fossil fuel powered vehicles.....they have gas tanks that only have a limited amount of fuel. Someone had to break it to you.

Oh and it has 100% torque all the time. No need for a silly rpm gauge...like those GM and Dodge vehicles you shelled out your hard earned money for to keep alive with bailout money,
View Quote

Think his point was the longer charging(fueling) time. With gas it's instant.

I would be interested to know how many runs a tesla could do before it was depleted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#14]
To be MORE clear.

The Teste may theoretically make the claimed super-run two or three times per night, but would it last long enough to reach the final elimination round?
Gas car just pour in more fuel between rounds, Teste needs hours to charge or another battery pack. (Count that as an engine change?)
I'm pretty sure there are lots of faster cars at the drags, Funny cars, Rails, maybe even some serious Stock Bodies.
Never been a drag race fan so lack up to date info, tried it a couple of times, too little track time verse waiting in line time.

I currently own only seven cars, just two are Chevrolet's and both were made LONG before any need of a bail-out!
GM and Dodge survived for decades without help from Gov. Org., it could be argued that it was Gov. Org. mandates that put them in the position of needing the bail-out's.
Tesla has been a tax funded Gov. Org. "Green" scam from day one, they have NEVER stood on their own!

I really don't give a fig about Teste's if they would stop robbing us all via their over the top subsidies and abandon Elon Musk loudly proclaimed intent to force all ICE vehicles out of existence.
He not only wants a monopoly, he wants it at our expense without having to honestly compete for it.
What other private property are you willing to have taken from you, I'm sure Bloomberg has some nicely PC suggestions!

Oh yea, "Oh and it has 100% torque all the time. No need for a silly rpm gauge".
Not correct, I'm not an electrical engineer, but I was always taught that electric motors make their max torque at zero rpm, not running speeds.
So at 6K or even 20K RPM the Teste MOTOR makes less torque than standing still.

Time to agree to disagree afore someone gets riled.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#15]
What does it do in the quarter??
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top