Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:25:12 AM EDT
[#1]

If you live in NYC and retired from NYC you could carry any 2 guns your choose on your carry permit, they won't restrict you in the least. But, that's all you'll get those 2, any other guns you have can't be carried ever and have to be treated like those on a 'premise' permit. In fact you'll get 2 permits, a full carry for the two that you choose, and all the others on a 'premise' permit. NYC no longer issues 'target' endorsed permits cause of the way the penal law defines pistol permits.

That used to be true but Kerick changed it and now there are no such restrictions.  That is unless it reverted back in the last few months.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:33:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If you live in NYC and retired from NYC you could carry any 2 guns your choose on your carry permit, they won't restrict you in the least. But, that's all you'll get those 2, any other guns you have can't be carried ever and have to be treated like those on a 'premise' permit. In fact you'll get 2 permits, a full carry for the two that you choose, and all the others on a 'premise' permit. NYC no longer issues 'target' endorsed permits cause of the way the penal law defines pistol permits.

That used to be true but Kerick changed it and now there are no such restrictions.  That is unless it reverted back in the last few months.

I retired from NYC last year and you were allowed only 2 guns on a carry permit. Any type and caliber you wished but, 2 guns nonetheless. Of course Kerick was the PC when I filled for retirement, he wasn't though when my actual date came up. Where are you getting this info from?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top