Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The rep from Kimber is calling me on Monday, when I get back form a few days off.  If I don't have to jump through hoops and sign away my life, I will have no problem ordering some if anyone is interested.  I am in Rochester.  If you are interested drop me an e-mail and once I get the particulars I will update you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
What gym do you go to (Marshall St. Mall?). The Kimber pro guardian is legal in NY. Lately I've been out around the Browne Hall area of campus working on different project w/ team members and it's a little dark when walking back towards Whitman at 11pm-12pm.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What gym do you go to (Marshall St. Mall?). The Kimber pro guardian is legal in NY. Lately I've been out around the Browne Hall area of campus working on different project w/ team members and it's a little dark when walking back towards Whitman at 11pm-12pm.

Shoot me a PM if you like.  I lift late night, I just got home from the gym actually.
I lift at the main campus location. If you need someone to lift with or spot you, feel free to look me up.  My schedule however varies depending on the work load assigned that week.

i hear ya about the schedule thing, i just go whenever I have the time. Which building is the main campus gym in, Archbold?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I did attend Rutgers University and worked for a local PD.  Yes, I carried my gun on campus. No one said anything to me.  I did not ask for permission.  I told the counselor when I signed up, That I would not take classes if I could not carry. Growing up in Newark, I was not about to attend a University unprotected. I worked in the city, and went to school in the city.  I would be recognized by the dirt bags I locked up.  Yes there are the NAY sayers out there, But it worked for me.  If one cannot carry on a campus for protection, there other ways to avoid being a victim.  I first went to Rutgers in Newark In 1985 to 1988. I was not a cop then, Shit I did not eve own a gun.  I did not carry much cash with me, No jewelry, and I drove an old chevy.  I watched were I walked, and I always checked my surroundings before leaving the campus grounds.  There were time I would walk or take a bus to the University, I was never a victim.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 3:32:40 AM EDT
[#8]
LEO's in NY are whats called "Licensed and Privileged" (Yes real term) which means they can carry anywhere they want even if the private rules say they cant. Despite this, it does NOT include Federal buildings. Cant carry there unless in official Business.

ETA: Been through it and unless they changed the law in the last two years its true.

Riese

Quoted:

Originally Posted By two gun:
Just do what I did, Become an LEO first, then go to college.  No one stopped from carrying on cmpus. EXMPT Period.

IMHO, I do not think so.  Most Universities are private and can set their own rules.  If they have one that forbids carrying, then you can't or you will be told to leave.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 4:35:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
LEO's in NY are whats called "Licensed and Privileged" (Yes real term) which means they can carry anywhere they want even if the private rules say they cant. Despite this, it does NOT include Federal buildings. Cant carry there unless in official Business.

ETA: Been through it and unless they changed the law in the last two years its true.

Riese

Quoted:

Originally Posted By two gun:
Just do what I did, Become an LEO first, then go to college.  No one stopped from carrying on cmpus. EXMPT Period.

IMHO, I do not think so.  Most Universities are private and can set their own rules.  If they have one that forbids carrying, then you can't or you will be told to leave.

The departments procedures may further restrict when and where a PO may carry when off-duty. I do know in the past that written permission from SUNY was required to attend some types of on campus training exercises. I don't know what the current policy is. If you violated the policy you could be fired or subject to some other disciplinary action but not charged with any criminal offense.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 4:48:56 AM EDT
[#10]
instead of a surefire I would recommend one of these:

It works on "AA" batteries, is brighter, has a strobe, and is cheaper. I've been carrying the same one for almost 2 yrs. and it has seen its fair share of abuse as well.
found here
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It was determined that the student had entered the computer clusterFuck while wearing headphones and listening to music, and recited out loud lyrics from a song to which the student was listening that referenced holding a gun. A staff member and students nearby heard this and contacted DPS. This matter has been resolved, and this incident posed no threat to the campus.

QUESTIONS? CONTACT:
- Department of Public Safety"

Fixed it for you. Ban headphones... for the children!  Wait, ban the music. Crap I don't know what to ban. Wait, Wait I got it.  Ban EARS!

The Story of Chicken Little

"Chicken Little" is a story for teaching courage.

Don't be a chicken little.
Don't be afraid.
The sky is not falling.

Narrator:   Chicken Little was in the woods one day when an acorn fell on her head.  It scared her so much she trembled all over.  She shook so hard, half her feathers fell out.

Chicken Little:   "Help! Help!  The sky is falling!  I have to go tell the king!"

Narrator:   So she ran in great fright to tell the king.  Along the way she met Henny Penny.

Henny Penny:  "Where are you going, Chicken Little?"

Chicken Little:   "Oh, help!  The sky is falling!"

Henny Penny:   "How do you know?"

Chicken Little:   "I saw it with  my own eyes, and heard it with my own ears, and part of it fell on my head!"

Henny Penny:  "This is terrible, just terrible!  We'd better hurry up."

Narrator:  So they both ran away as fast as they could.  Soon they met Ducky Lucky.

Ducky Lucky:   "Where are you going, Chicken Little and Henny Penny?"

Chicken Little & Henny Penny:  "The sky is falling!  The sky is falling!  We're going to tell the king!"

Ducky Lucky:  "How do you know?"

Chicken Little:  "I saw it with my own eyes, and heard it with my own ears, and part of it fell on my head."

Ducky Lucky:   "Oh dear, oh dear!  We'd better run!"

Narrator:   So they all ran down the road as fast as they could.  Soon they met Goosey Loosey walking down the roadside.

Goosey Loosey    "Hello there.  Where are you all going in such a hurry?"

Chicken Little:   "We're running for our lives!"

Henny Penny:  "The sky is falling!"

Ducky Lucky:   "And we're running to tell the king!"

Goosey Loosey:  "How do you know the sky is falling?"

Chicken Little:  "I saw it with  my own eyes, and heard it with my own ears, and part of it fell on my head!"

Goosey Loosey:    "Goodness!  Then I'd better run with you."

Narrator:   And they all ran in great fright across a field.  Before long they met Turkey Lurkey strutting back and forth..

Turkey Lurkey:    "Hello there, Chicken Little, Henny Penny, Ducky Lucky, and Goosey Loosey.  Where are you all going in such a hurry?"

Chicken Little:   "Help!  Help!"

Henny Penny:   "We're running for our lives!"

Ducky Lucky:   "The sky is falling!"

Goosey Loosey:   "And we're running to tell the king!"

Turkey Lurkey:   "How do you know the sky is falling?"

Chicken Little:   "I saw it with  my own eyes, and heard it with my own ears, and part of it fell on my head!"

Turkey Lurkey:   "Oh dear! I always suspected the sky would fall someday.  I'd better run with you."

Narrator:   So they ran with all their might, until they met Foxy Loxy.

Foxy Loxy:   "Well, well.  Where are you rushing on such a fine day?"

Chicken Little, Henny Penny, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey, Turkey Lurkey (together)   "Help!  Help!"  It's not a fine day at all.  The sky is falling, and we're running to tell the king!"

Foxy Loxy:   "How do you know the sky is falling?"

Foxy Loxy:    "I see.  Well then, follow me, and I'll show you the way to the king."

Narrator:    So Foxy Loxy led Chicken Little, Henny Penny, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey, and Turkey Lurkey across a field and through the woods.  He led them straight to his den, and they never saw the king to tell him that  the sky is falling.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#13]
yea i got that email too, seems like lately everything poses a serious threat to the campus!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:27:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Whatever you do don't play this video on campus. You'll get the place locked down.

South Park Fingerbang
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#15]
THE SAGA CONTINUES

ATTEMPTED ROBBERY, ASSAULT

One student reported that while on the corner of Jamesville Avenue and Thurber Street on Friday, Oct. 5, at 8:35 p.m., he was approached by three unknown males.  One of the males asked the student a question, then struck the student several times in the face with a closed fist.  The two other suspects then began to strike the student and demanded the student to turn over his backpack.  Suspect number two also displayed a small, silver pocket knife.  All three suspects fled east on Thurber Street when a bus approached the stop.  The student sustained minor injuries. No property was taken from the student.  A search of the crime scene uncovered the pocket knife used during the crime.  

The Syracuse Police Department is investigating another alleged robbery that took place in the same proximity shortly after this incident in which the victim provided similar suspect descriptions.    

The victim described the suspects as:

#1: male, black, mid-teens, 5’ 7” tall, thin build, last seen wearing a blue shirt and gym shorts.

#2: male, black, mid-teens, 5’ 7” tall, last seen wearing a sport-type jersey.

#3: male, black, mid-teens, 5’ tall, last seen wearing a sport-type jersey.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I've noticed a few patterns, there wasn't much activity like this before but in the past two weeks it's constant.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:18:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Just noticed this in my mailbox for SHU:

On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 12:48 AM, a Seton Hall University student was the victim of a robbery as he walked near the intersection of Riggs Place and South Orange Avenue. The victim reported that as he walked west on South Orange Avenue, an individual approached him on foot from Riggs Place and suddenly punched him in the face.  The student resisted the attack and knocked the assailant to the ground during the ensuing struggle.

A green Ford Taurus suddenly appeared on the scene and several individuals exited the car to participate in the robbery. The victim was relieved of his backpack containing a laptop computer, several text books and an iPod. All of the assailants then fled the scene of the robbery in the vehicle, traveling east on South Orange Avenue.  The student promptly reported the crime to the South Orange Police who later stopped the car in the area and arrested three adult and two juvenile suspects. The iPod and several weapons were recovered from the suspect vehicle.

I have a class that ends at 9:45pm at night and my 1 best friend she lives across the street so i walk her across, with my trusty Surefire defender of course hehe. Use that at my bouncing job to so it pulls double duty =P
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:14:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. --  Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top