Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Complete Reloading kit, brass, bullets, powder, primers to start reloading with

What are you going start with 223 or 308? nice meeting you today, take care of that shoulder.

.223 to start, then I will go with 308 and 30-06.

Yeah, the shoulder, what really sucks, it was feeling fine till a couple of days ago.  Seems to get worse when rain is coming

sling_blade:

MadMan, I have 3 questions for you...
1. Did you buy at least 1 GOOD reloading manual? If not, buy one and READ IT before you even think about starting to reload ANYTHING. Reloading ammo is a good way to blow up a gun or yourself. DO NOT cut any corners and ALWAYS pay full attention to what you're doing when reloading. If I can help you out, give me a holler.

2. WTF were you thinking, picking up another hobby right before you get married? She thought she was a gun widow before.

3. How much does it cost to get a Mustang unlocked in Charlotte?

1.  It came with Lees manual, like a 900 page book, with complete instructions for 5 chapters.

2. Cant have sex all the time.

3. 40 bucks and a good bribe

techdudenc:
Well, since you insist on getting married, YOU CANNOT AFFORD IT. Run now, while you have a chance... J/K, dude, good luck to you both!

Im getting married next month, so I can afford it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
My seminar got canceled so I went to the show today.  Damn there was a lot of people there.  Nw i remember why I usually go on Sundays.  Anyways, the only thing I got was a case of GP11 ammo for the K31 I bought in fayetteville a couple weeks ago. I did hear someone saying that there was basically no 7.62x39 at the show following the first couple of hours.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:16:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm headed out there shortly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Good  Seeing ya'll yesterday. I only scored a little ammo and alot of iced tea. This must have been the first show I've been too that I couldnt find something to buy. Oh well theres the Mechandise mart next month. The CD pics are Great, thanks alot. Looking forward to March 18th. C-ya.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I was there yesterday and saw someone with an ARFCOM shirt down at the end of a row. Then he vanished. I had my ARFCOM hat on.
I just picked up some cleaning stuff and a little ammo.  

Is it just me or were there alot more dumbasses out there? It seems like they all wanted to stand three or four wide in the isle (which seemed narrower than usual) and just shoot the shit.

It's past the point that there aren't any deals at the shows anymore so i don't think I'm gonna go to any anymore.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is it just me or were there alot more dumbasses out there? It seems like they all wanted to stand three or four wide in the isle (which seemed narrower than usual) and just shoot the shit.

Unfortunately, that's pretty much the trend at most NC shows.  If Charlotte was bad for you, don't ever go to Lexington, NC.  It was much better in CLT when they opened all three buildings, but C&E said that wasn't profitable, since nobody wanted to be in Building three.

I'm curious to see what the 3-day show will be like at the Merchandise Mart.  We will see.

It's past the point that there aren't any deals at the shows anymore so i don't think I'm gonna go to any anymore.  

There are still a few deals to be found, but most are from private sales from individuals that are just like you and me.  My gun show purchases from dealers usually are reserved to ammo purchases or something that I think I need right then.  I have been known to make an impulse buy from time to time...

It's always cool to meet an ARFCOM member and have a beer or three...  Charlotte is the only remaining NC venue that still sells alcohol, IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:50:52 AM EDT
[#7]
While deals seem to be rare at times, you do see the occasional odd items from time to time.  I saw an 870 KAS RAS on Saturday.  I would'be bought it had that particular vendor noticed me at the table 3 different times.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I was there on Sunday afternoon.  I bought some ammo and a couple of clips.  I really was looking for a rifle, but did not see what I wanted.  Then I almost made an impulse buy on the OA93 at one vendor, but luckily I did not because it turns out he wanted a little to much.

Mainly I go to just look and touch, and to see a bunch of guys I know.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#9]
It really was kind of disappointing. Not much caught my eye.I did not see any real good deals either.
Very little decent priced ammo also. Hopefully some will actually pop up soon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked up a Romy AK kit.  Nice bore, but it had a little little rust here and there under the cosmoline, but nothing bad.  Paid a $100, and got a 30 rnd mag.  Now to find a receiver.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I was at the show Saturday, Met Spooky, Slingblade and mad mardigan. It was nice meeting you guys.

I went into this show with the intetion of spending couple 100 one 50 BMG reloading components but No one there had any and ammunition store.com didn't set up this time. I guess they were at NGD in Louisvilleh
All in all This was probably the worst show that I've been to at the Metrolina Expo. I really hope the merchandise mart is better.

Lexington is this coming weekend btw, I doubt that I'll be going though.

Jason
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top