User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#1]
For $1395 it better shoot .308

THey did have a AR10 on the counter next to a sweet .50....hmm .50

and their price for 62gr wolf is OK...better than Impact who wouldn't give a case price.
Well, they did but it was $186

ETA:

WOOT, KING OF PG.3 BITCHEZZZZ!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
It didn't, it was .223.  It was CAR with pop up sights.  I saw the price and asked him twice if it was new.  Nope.  Building my own is looking better and better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, that .50 was sweet.  But at $4150 or $4650 (can't remember) I can find lots of other things I'd rather have.

Well, the SPAS-12 trigger group has been changed so it's coming out to play tomorrow.  I don't have a lot of 12g so you might want to bring a little if you want to shoot it.  

Anyone have a 10/22 they want to part with?  BGC had a nice used one but it was $469.  Ouch.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
OK. ready

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yea, that .50 was sweet.  But at $4150 or $4650 (can't remember) I can find lots of other things I'd rather have.

SOAB! are you serious?  I never asked the price.  It's a bolt action for the love of glock!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It didn't, it was .223.  It was CAR with pop up sights.  I saw the price and asked him twice if it was new.  Nope.  Building my own is looking better and better.

Seriously dude, after seeing how easy it is to build your own you'll wonder why you didnt do it sooner (well in your case its because you lived in a communist state, but you get my point).  If you buy a complete upper you can build a complete gun without any special tools.  My first two AR's were put together with nothing more than a small screwdriver and some pliers.(A stock wrench is kind of a must if going collapsable)

You let me/us know when your ready to start ordering parts.  If you need any help with any of it I'll give you a hand or let you borrow my stock wrench.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OK. ready

You just made Spiff cry with that pic.  No brass for you!!!  

Spiff, you can have all my Serbian Wolf and AE brass, just 'cus I like you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Spiff, you can have all my Serbian Wolf and AE brass, just 'cus I like you.

Thanks JR! I appreciate that!!

Damn Wolf ammo.........
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, it's raining outside. Are we still heading out?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#10]
It's warm, but the forecast look brutal.   80% chance of rain w/ thunderstorms & wind to 25mph

I don't like the Idea of being out in a big flat area waving around a lightning rod disguised as an AR.

Thinking I'm out.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:15:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Just shoot the Glock all day, its plastic.

I'm still in if other people are.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in. Wheres JR? Was he drinking last night!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Tomorrow?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Bah!  I'm still in.

True story:  One time I was walking out at Blacks Creek, it was last summer, I was alone because I hadnt yet met you guys and my old shooting buddy had just moved back to Nebraska.  It was a decent day outside, the whistle pigs were whistling and the jack rabbits were thick.  I was carrying 'ol trusty, you know, my tan AR.  Everything was going great until the clouds that had been on the horizon made their way towards my rabbit killing stomping grounds.  At first I was nervous, then I was afraid as the clouds moved closer, then I almost panicked when the heavens opened up and rain began to fall.  I was about a mile away from my truck.  I looked down at my AR and it was soaked, but then a miracle occured:  it did not melt!!  I began to laugh at the sky like a mad man in the downpour.  How could it be I thought?  I then realized I didnt care how it could be, all I knew was that my rifle was impervious to the weather and I continued my rabbit slayings until the clouds cleared and the sun set.

Bottom line is this, dont be a pussy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm in. Wheres JR? Was he drinking last night!!

OK, Shell @ 10?  I'll be a little late.  Be in a silver Suburban.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Shell on Orchard @ 10.  Red Nissan pick up.

Yes I was drinking last night actually.  Mmmmm....tequila.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#17]
YYeah, but I'm shooting a Glock.  1 raindrop down the pipe and there goes my hand!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll be there.  I might not shoot the Glock though.  I'd hate to have the rain make it go 'boom'.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#19]

I guess its true then, 1911's, Sigs, and Baby Eagles are superior!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#20]
But I still have my Browning Hi-Power.  I'll be ok.  whew.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Well that was fun.    I could have done without the wind and rain.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey, does anyone have a barrel wrench and a bench vice adapter I could borrow?  I decided to break down my uppers before sending the barrels in for threading.  

The Claw looks pretty good but I'd rather not spend $60 right now if I can help it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes, good shoot.

I'd talk to Spiff.  I think he may have done it without an action block.

I'm glad the AR got to "Get Some"....can't put her away without spilling some blood  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's that piston uppered Colt.

I don't know if I want to jump on the 1st. edition though....oh who am I kidding.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Henny Bogan,

What are the 3 letters in the beginning of your 21s serial#

Check here for frame recall #s ect.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Here's that 10/22 stock I was talking about today:

link
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Here's that 10/22 stock I was talking about today:

www.rbprecision.com/6ab088c0.jpg

link

Nice, I'm digging the side folder.  That new Sig556 needs one of those.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Henny Bogan,

What are the 3 letters in the beginning of your 21s serial#

Check here for frame recall #s ect.

Frame recall? FRAME RECALL?  Damn I knew it!!......................WE WERE JUST A HAIRS BREATH AWAY FROM GETTING BLOWN UP WHEN SHOOTING THAT 21!! IT'S THE KB CURSE!!

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#29]
We are meeting at 6:30 Wednesday at the Idaho Pizza on Glenwood again to discuss our LLC venture/thingy.

Everyone needs to come!!

ETA: Did we decide Wednesday or Thursday? Now I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#30]
THat's what I was thinking.  EKA to EVR has the Frame recall err I mean "upgrade"

They have problems with the rear rail breaking due to torque/heat.  It may still work or lock the slide up.  I'd call glock for the final say though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#31]
These Parma Guys seem like they have allot of fun.

A better way to get to the pics (some aren't showing up) is to go here , click on "Photos" and then the "Rat Patrol Shoot" at the top.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Wow, those are uber tactical.  Does look fun.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I thought we were going today, ah well, i guess i should pay more attention huh :P
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#34]
welcome to Boise shooters?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:05:27 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I thought we were going today, ah well, i guess i should pay more attention huh :P

Um, hi.  Did you post here before perhaps with another name we would know you by?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:05:58 AM EDT
[#36]
6:30 Wednesday at the same pizza joint.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:07:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Actually, I originally thought there might be a group shooting Sunday to. But there seemed to be zero interest in it all week.

What kept you from shooting Saturday? Work?

BTW, welcome!! Are you in Boise?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I originally thought there might be a group shooting Sunday to. But there seemed to be zero interest in it all week.

We went shooting Saturday, though we didnt go with you guys because we thought we were going on Sunday... I dont think we would have made it in time anyways.

I actually live in Star, but I shoot with my uncle who lives in Nampa, he told me to go to this site for shooting dates.  I dont know his name here though...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#39]
JR, that class is from 6-9 Thursday night at Barrister. The Gal said it was right by where the hot dog vendor always has their cart and that someone would be there directing people to the room.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We went shooting Saturday, though we didnt go with you guys because we thought we were going on Sunday... I dont think we would have made it in time anyways.

I actually live in Star, but I shoot with my uncle who lives in Nampa, he told me to go to this site for shooting dates.  I dont know his name here though...

EhS-Spectre - I too live in Star...I'm not a complete regular (new baby) but I have been out with these guys a few times in the past.  We need to get these guys to come to our side of the valley one of these weekends.  Drop me a line next time you need some company shooting!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Everyone needs to read this , at least the first two pages or so. Just so you won't have any probs understanding, the "other" forum they are talking about is arfcom. I followed the link to the 8-10forums from a discussion in the AR-15 general forum started by a guy who was having troubles getting 30 round mags that were full (30 rounds) to latch into his AR. Kind of makes you think that some folks don't think to highly of arfcom!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey gang, I'm back. Was out of town for the weekend, intensive board review course in LA.  I suck at golf, so stayed at the hotel listening to the lectures I'd paid to hear.

Sorry I missed the delivery, LP.  Hope all went well.

Unsure if able to make it Weds eve.

Gun show upcoming weekend?  Cool.  Anyone shooting on Sat?

@ work now, going to go take some Sudafed & check back on the board later.

Colds suck.  ...especially when unable to eq air pressure while flying.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Everyone needs to read this , at least the first two pages or so. Just so you won't have any probs understanding, the "other" forum they are talking about is arfcom. I followed the link to the 8-10forums from a discussion in the AR-15 general forum started by a guy who was having troubles getting 30 round mags that were full (30 rounds) to latch into his AR. Kind of makes you think that some folks don't think to highly of arfcom!!

Yea, ARFCOM gets crapped on all over the net.  And rightly so.  There are an incredible number of internet commandos and otherwise idiots and assholes as members.  Just read GD for proof.

In regards to the other other forum just remember: Opinions are like assholes; everyone has one and they all stink.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
[In regards to the other other forum just remember: Opinions are like assholes; everyone has one and they all stink.

True, but that Pat Rogers seems to be very highly thought of, on 8-10forums.com as well as by a few on arfcom. BTW, here is the arfcom thread, near the end you find out that the one guy causing most of the problems is only 16 years old. Oh, well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
True, but that Pat Rogers seems to be very highly thought of, on 8-10forums.com as well as by a few on arfcom. BTW, here is the arfcom thread, near the end you find out that the one guy causing most of the problems is only 16 years old. Oh, well.

I don't know the 10-8 forums or Pat Rogers.  But that ARFCOM thread should have been locked and people reprimanded long before it did get locked.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I don't know the 10-8 forums or Pat Rogers.  But that ARFCOM thread should have been locked and people reprimanded long before it did get locked.

Yeah, and some of the "older, wiser, more experienced" posting on that thread are the ones that got a bit out of control at the end. They berated the 16 year old for posting stupidly, then promptly jump down to his level.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Yea, that's for sure.

BTW, I have an upper and a bunch of stuff being shipped in.  I sure could use a barrell wrench and an upper vice block.  No one has one I could boww for a day?  I have a barrell wrench being shipped in but missed the block that was forsale yesterday.

I doubt I can get everything together for a shoot this weekend.  But next weekend for sure.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Yea, that's for sure.

BTW, I have an upper and a bunch of stuff being shipped in.  I sure could use a barrell wrench and an upper vice block.  No one has one I could boww for a day?  I have a barrell wrench being shipped in but missed the block that was forsale yesterday.

I doubt I can get everything together for a shoot this weekend.  But next weekend for sure.

I'll bring a vise block to the meeting Wednesday night. I thought I had answered your earlier post..........oops.

The weekend after this would be great for another shoot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I'll bring a vise block to the meeting Wednesday night. I thought I had answered your earlier post..........oops.

The weekend after this would be great for another shoot.

Awesome.  You have headspace guages for an AR?  I doubt there will be a problem but don't want it to blow up in my face.

Hey, you have the Eotech, right?  What rear sight are you using?  I just nabbed an Eotech 512 and plan on using the stock front sight for now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Awesome.  You have headspace guages for an AR?  I doubt there will be a problem but don't want it to blow up in my face.

Hey, you have the Eotech, right?  What rear sight are you using?  I just nabbed an Eotech 512 and plan on using the stock front sight for now.

No, I don't have any .223 headspace gauges. I've never used them because of the way the AR goes together. My rear sight is an ARMS 40L. I like it. But JR does not, you might ask him what rear sight he has. His is folding to.
Page / 3
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top