Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been posting off and on.

Tomorrow I have to look at my sisters furnace. Lets see what you guys think. She can set the furnace at a temp, say 75 degrees. The furnace fires up, and heats the house to 75 degrees then shuts down. The next time the thermostat triggers it, it won't blow hot air, just cold. However, if she shuts the thermostat all the way off and then runs it up to 75 degrees (or whatever) it starts to blow hot air and will until it heats the house up to the set temp and then shuts down. Next time it will fire up and not blow hot air unless she shuts the thermostat off all the way, and then turns it on.

Anyone had a furnace act like this? Is it the thermostat? Furnace? I'm not a furnace repair person. So unless it something obvious (or I just start throwing parts at it) I'm not sure I can fix it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
No furnace expert here.  Good luck tomorrow.

Two more AR's and then I'm done building those for a while (at least for myself, I may start selling them).  I really want an FAL and a combat shotgun to replace the 590 that is now HennyBogans.  Also I'd really like another pistol for CCW purposes.  Something like a USPc or a G19

But knowing myself I'll end up with a full size pistol anyway.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:47:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck on the furnace.  Don't light a match if you smell gas - that's all I know about furnaces.

Jollyroger, I used to use the G19 as my everyday CCW.  As the years and the pounds have packed on, the full size 1911 is actually more comfortable to me.

You spend enough on your guns, drop the extra $100 or so on a good holster and that full size gun will all but disappear.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:54:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good luck on the furnace.  Don't light a match if you smell gas - that's all I know about furnaces.

Jollyroger, I used to use the G19 as my everyday CCW.  As the years and the pounds have packed on, the full size 1911 is actually more comfortable to me.

You spend enough on your guns, drop the extra $100 or so on a good holster and that full size gun will all but disappear.

Good point.  What do you use for the Kimber?  I've been eyeing some of the Milt Sparks stuff as well as a few of the Galco holsters.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:08:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I have Kramer IWB #2s for both the Kimber and the Glock, as well as a Kramer pancake OWB for the Kimber.  That's not because I'm brand loyal, and not even b/c I think horsehide holsters are cool.  The truth is, I got them all used (but like new) at great deals while looking for good holsters.

Sparks stuff is high on my list of "want to try."
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:10:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll have to check Kramer out.

Are you getting ready for the night shift tonight or what?  It's not often anybody but maybe ar10er is up this late (early).[
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:28:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh, I AM the night shift tonight!

Thought I'd do another doc a favor, take half of her 24hr in-house call, and pick up a few extra hours on the paycheck.  Brilliant.

I walk in @ 7pm, she apologizes for the night ahead, then tells me about the all-night neck surgery we'll be doing.  ...that hadn't started yet...  ...and was/is more involved than I have the energy to describe.

Many more stops at Maverik to refill this 100oz jug with Diet Mt Dew on the way to work, and I should just look into a Pepsico sponsorship.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:31:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I got a TD VFG, since yours convinced me.

Unfortunately, my DD rail and flattop don't have numbers on them.  Does that mean they're not tactical enough, or I just need to find a better way of marking stuff?  Maybe on the next build...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:41:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I remember reading in another thread that you had bought the TD.  It is pretty sweet, I just need to get the light for that gun now.

Diet Mt. Dew!?!?  Son you need some RedBull to keep you awake!!!  On second thought that could be bad once you get the shakes trying to do neck surgery and all.

No numbering?  I had you figured wrong sleepdr., I thought you scored higher on the mall ninja test than that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:47:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, well, I got so excited about the other specs on the upper that the numbering fell by the wayside.

Diet Dew instead of Red Bull & other sugared drinks, since I'm trying to get in shape for summer.  Fear not, though, 3 liters of caffeinated soda are enough to make a guy unable to sleep.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:52:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm working on getting back in shape too.  You'd never guess it now but only a few years ago I was a cross country running machine.  Some of the guys from work are talking about a backpacking trip this summer and I dont want to be the weak link of the whole deal.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:57:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Wouldn't surprise me at all that you used to run.

At one point in life, I was 50-60 pounds lighter, lifted weights 5 days a week, ran 3-5 miles/biked 20 miles 6 days a week.

What happened?  Marriage and residency.  Funny how life cuts into exercise time as we grow up.

ETA: Trauma inbound.  I'm going to catch a catnap while they're still getting evaluated in the ER.  Have a good night.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:02:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Marriage is a real killer of staying in shape for sure.  Oh well it happens, all I can do now is make a dedicated effort to lose all that I've gained (weight and flab).

I'm going to be ordering more parts for AR #3 soon.  I'll probably be getting the action block, handguards, and maybe a punch set.

March is a good month for us, we get paid three times.  So hopefully I'll be able to get most everything ordered and put together this month.  ACOG soon after that.

ETA:  Have a good one sleepdr..  I hope you are able to get some shut eye before you get in there.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Don't light a match if you smell gas

Thanks Doc!! Truer words of wisdom have never been spoken!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thanks Doc!! Truer words of wisdom have never been spoken!!

Happy to share the extent of my furnace knowledge!

It bears repeating, though.  I took care of a volunteer firefighter who cut the gas tank off of an old car using...

wait for it...

A PROPANE TORCH.  He didn't fare all that well.

Have a good day, guys.  I'm going to bed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Remember to not totally rely on your nose, keep the area WELL ventilated.  My grandparent's trailer blew up with them in it about 10 years ago.  Massive burns are NOT a good thing.  No one could smell the gas, they lit a match, and well, boom.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Who's up for some shooting fun on the 12th?  I've got some new toys I want to take out and play with.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Who's up for some shooting fun on the 12th?  I've got some new toys I want to take out and play with.

I might be able to make it. I'll be in La Grande OR. Thurs, Fri and part/most of Saturday. So the wife is liable to tell me I have to stay home on Sunday.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:58:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey Spiff, I don't have your number so hopefully you'll see this.  I'm going to bail on the range today.  Too yucky for me to want to go out.  I'll just wait till next weekend to get it sighted in.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hey Spiff, I don't have your number so hopefully you'll see this.  I'm going to bail on the range today.  Too yucky for me to want to go out.  I'll just wait till next weekend to get it sighted in.

I was checking IM's but did not check the actual forum. NP though, made it out there by 12, waited a bit then started shooting. It turned out to be a good day of shooting though. It was nice up until about 3 or so, when the wind came up a bit. But then the old guy threw me out of the range at 4 so I did not have time to get cold!!. You should have come out!! Wished I'd have had your cell # with me. I was worried we'd gotten our wires crossed and you were out in the desert somewhere going "Where the F**K is Spiff!!".

I had a whole bunch of M1A loads worked up, using IMR 4064, 3031 and Varget. Learned one thing, my M1A does not like hot loads. As I moved from the hotter loads (using 4064 and 3031) to medium and even somewhat light loads, my groups came in to 2 to 3 inches at 100 yards (with the occasional flier ). None of the loads using Varget shot very well (best was probably 4"). It really liked 39 grains of 3031 and 41 grains of 4064.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#21]
So no one wants to shoot on the 12th? I can't make it on the 11th (well, I might not even be able to make it on the 12th, depends on whether the boss lets me go after being gone for 3 days).
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#22]
If I could make it this weekend it'd be on sun. the 12th.  I'll see how it goes.

where is it that you all meet again?  I keep forgetting.

SM
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#23]
If you can make it....IF?

C'mon, Those honey-dos will be there when you get back.  ie, Why do it today when you can put it off 'till later.

Shell across from Dennis Dillon@orchard & 84
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:31:53 AM EDT
[#24]
chirp...chirp....chirp[/crickets]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I fear the Boise Militia is growing weak...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well saturday is definatley out. but i i'll try and get sunday to work.  I've got a lot of stuff at the house we just moved into that needs to be taken care of.......BUT.......i haven't shot in two weeks.

how thick are the rabbits and prarie dogs out there?  the G/F and i both love to go after moving targets.

SM
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Militia.... what Militia?  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Militia.... what Militia?  

The Boise Militia.

What with Jollyrogers 10-22 and my .38 snubnose, we could probably defend the whole SW of Idaho

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#29]
I might be up for shooting on Sunday, but I'm not sure.  I just got back from Houston for business and then DC for a wedding, so I'm exhausted from the trip and broke from the wedding.  And I seem to go through those WWB 9mm kinda quick whenever AZ is around, that bastard!  ;)  But I'll probably change my mind once I catch up on some sleep.  

Did I miss anything?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#30]
On pager call all weekend.  Bummer.

There's a small chance I could go this weekend.  Depends on not being called in, and how the wife would feel about me taking her new car off-road.  Anyone familiar with the Honda Pilots?  I don't drive much off road, so don't know how well it would fare (or if I should not venture beyond gravel roads).  8" ground clearance, 4wd, standard tires.

Jollyroger, question for you:  Other than the ARMS mount being FUBAR, how have you liked the 4MOA dot on your Aimpoint?  Do you feel it hinders your ability for precision at longer (50-100 yard) distances, and how do you feel about it for rapid target acquisition close-up?  I'm working a deal on selling my ML2, and may snag one of those M2/mount packages SKD is advertizing on the EE.  My other thought is to get an Eotech/riser, but the Larue mounts seem to be backordered.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#31]
sleepdr.  the last couple of shoots have been out in the desert (Orchard Training Area).  Pleasant valley road turns to gravel for about the last 4 miles but any passanger car could make it.  However with the incoming weather you MAY get some mud on the tires (gasp, shudder)

I like JRs aimpoint but the intensity is key, turned up too much makes it a redSpot.  If tripwire and/or AZgunnut shows I believe they have aimpoints (w/flashkillrz) but what flavor I can't say.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Shortmag,

It is a target rich enviroment, but the weather is still keeping the hordes underground.
Did ya see my hunt result from a few weeks ago?  Yes, moving targets make me a

Hey Spiff, or anyone that has tried electronic muffs.  How are the Radians Proamp earmuffs?  they are at sportsmans for $70.  they both amplify and protect...kinda sweet... way cheaper, albeit not as ninja as a suppressor

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
sleepdr.  the last couple of shoots have been out in the desert (Orchard Training Area).  Pleasant valley road turns to gravel for about the last 4 miles but any passanger car could make it.  However with the incoming weather you MAY get some mud on the tires (gasp, shudder)

I like JRs aimpoint but the intensity is key, turned up too much makes it a redSpot.  If tripwire and/or AZgunnut shows I believe they have aimpoints (w/flashkillrz) but what flavor I can't say.

MUD?  On the black car?  Nooooo.  How bad are the dirt 2-tracks leading to shooting sites off the gravel road?  All kidding aside, that's the area I'm more concerned about.  I usually won't be able to take her car for this, but am considering it since on call rules require me to reach the hospital in 1/2 hour.  It would be bad to make everyone stop shooting just b/c they need me back at work and you guys were my only ride.

I shudder to think about taking the little convertible on the gravel road - the paint and windshield both are known to be a little fragile.  That, and I'm tired of playing Tetris to stuff things in the trunk.

I'm really liking the idea of an Eotech, too.  Didn't shoot Spiff's, but did some aiming downrange and really liked it.  The idea of eventually putting a 3x magnifier behind it is nice, even if it doesn't have the BDC like your ACOG.  It'd just be more work to calculate holdover, but I don't regularly try to shoot 600yds with my 16" barrel.  That ACOG's not for sale, now, is it?  

SKDTac has a killer deal on M2s on the EE.  $450 or $485 depending on mount - M2 (presume 4MOA - military), Killflash, bikini covers, double battery attachment, and Larue QD mounts.  I'd be tempted to do that and just deal with the 4MOA dot since I'll be shooting 100yd or less.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#34]
A couple of you have asked my opinions on holsters - IWB carry, materials, manufacturers, etc.  There are lots of folks more experienced in carry than I am, but here's what I learned in researching my own options for carry.  Since many Boise Area Shooters are considering getting the CCW, it seems like a good time to discuss carry.

ETA:  I really used the word "carry" a lot up there.  Must be tired, or something.

I have Kramer IWB#2 holsters and OWB single magazine pouches made from horsehide, along with one of their pancake designs.  They are expensive, and I paid nowhere near full retail for them (eBay and classifieds).  From any good maker, cowhide vs horsehide usually just comes down to personal preference.  See High Noon's discussion of leather vs cowhide.  Cowhide seems to take better boning, or molding to the gun's shape, but horsehide has a rep for being durable and stiff with a tighter grain.  Most folks end up going through several holsters before finding one they like.

My thoughs on this holster, being considered by some:
I like the reinforced mouth, which will make reholstering easier.
Unless your are LEO, the thumb break probably isn't needed and just adds bulk where you don't want it.  Opinions vary, but I fall in with a majority in feeling that the holster's molding and IWB position should be sufficient to retain the gun.  If you can shake the holster upside-down without the gun falling out, that's probably OK.  Many very good holsters are extremely tight and need some break-in time (practice draws, plastic baggies around the gun, etc).  Mine are a little tighter than I like, but getting better.
The belt clip concerns me - if you draw and the holster comes unclipped, you're pointing a holster at a bad guy.  Some holsters have upside-down clips to prevent this.  Most have belt loops, which brings me to...

Belts.  A stiff gunbelt is an integral part of your carry rig.  It supports the weight and also keeps a stable platform for drawing/holstering.  I have a Kramer horsehide belt that I bought as a skinny college student 11 years ago.  It didn't fit any more, so I bought a nice 2-layer cowhide belt from Rafter S.  Great service, good price, great quality.  They supplied belts & holsters to Wilson Combat!  A 1 1/2" belt is usually recommended for general use, but I carry with a thicker 1 1/4".  It's plenty stable for daily carry, and it doesn't look bad with dressier pants (e.g. Dockers).

I'd give strong consideration to carrying at least one spare magazine, usually in an OWB pouch.  IWB mag carry doesn't gain you much, and can be uncomfortable.  You can even use a Kydex or nylon knife pouch if a matching leather piece is unavailable or too expensive.

This is what I'd recommend over the clip-on.  For a short time, you can get by with a very sturdy leather belt that's not designed as a gunbelt.  I actually wore mine with a thin, floppy 1 1/4" dress belt.  It eventually ruined the belt and wasn't nearly as stable, but worked OK-ish for half a year.  Uncle Mike's makes a Mirage belt that is polymer-lined, looks like leather, and runs about $25.  Great price on an important part of the carry rig.

Try looking in the EE, Glocktalk, 1911forum, and sigforum for some deals.  It's worth taking a little extra time to build a good rig that you'll be comfortable wearing.  Gunner's Alley often has some great deals on closeout stuff, including belts.  Remind me some time when I'm not at work, and I'll dig up some other links for holster makers.

In a nutshell, the Don Hume is good as long as you are careful in your selection, as is Galco.
The Mr Softy might work well for you.  High Noon's belt prices seem a little high, though. For mid-priced stuff, try: Rafter S or Wild Bill's, among others. eBay is dicey, but I got the 2 holsters & mag pouch for the Kimber that way.

Pricey stuff like Alessi, Kramer, Milt Sparks, Mitch Rosen, etc. are great but not the place to make an expensive mistake and decide you don't like them.  That's how I got my holsters - some guys bought them, then decided they didn't like IWB.  I don't like my IWB#2 for the Glock now that I'm fatter, but it is still a nice rig and I'm keeping as an incentive to lose weight.

More experienced gun writers have written chapters and articles on this stuff, but hopefully my little primer was useful and saved some of the hassles I experienced.  Whatever you do, don't get that floppy Uncle Mike's neoprene thing with the belt clip.  I found that worse than "Mexican carry" and threw the holster away.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Holy crap!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Holy crap!

Yeah, I got a little carried away.  75oz of Diet Mt Dew has that effect on a guy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#37]
No it's a good post...and besides, someones got to keep the fort while the others are off stamp collecting/basket weaving/visiting massage parlors.

It looks like they make that don hume model w/o thumb break, but I like the idea of a thumbreak detering a snatch attempt, or the thing just squirting out.

speaking of squirting out

Do you have to go pee now?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#38]
almost forgot

What about kydex?  thin & should be strong for 1 handed reholstering?
I might just get the $16 uncle mikes kydex paddle for the defensive HG class, and range wear
But kydex just seems hard/cold/sharp

Damn, I'm gonna have to drop some bucks untill I find one I like.

Wow just checked and the sched. is changed for those classes!

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Do you have to go pee now?

Yes, I did after seeing that pic.  You suck.

Kydex is strong, and you'll see many IDPA & IPSC competitors using it.  There are some nice IWB kydex rigs, too.  It isn't as soft or touchy-feely as leather, but has its place.  Think of the difference between wood and metal as building materials.  It's plenty stiff for one-handed work, at least from what I've seen.

I've got the Mike's kydex paddle holster & mag pouches for the Glock, and will try to bring all my holsters to a shoot for you to check out.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:26:37 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
4wd, standard tires.

Real 4WD or is it AWD??

Jollyroger, question for you:  Other than the ARMS mount being FUBAR, how have you liked the 4MOA dot on your Aimpoint?  Do you feel it hinders your ability for precision at longer (50-100 yard) distances, and how do you feel about it for rapid target acquisition close-up?  I'm working a deal on selling my ML2, and may snag one of those M2/mount packages SKD is advertizing on the EE.  My other thought is to get an Eotech/riser, but the Larue mounts seem to be backordered.  

I like the Aimpoint quite a bit really, although I havent become near as good with it as I did with the standard irons on my tan gun.  I just need more practice with it on real targets (rabbits and other critters).
Within 50-100 yards it does quite well on targets bigger than 10".  That 4MOA dot becomes HUGE outside of 100yrds it seems.  But the Aimpoint is meant to give you a super quick reference on a target up close...and it does that very well.
At longer range it does seem to hold me back, with irons if I can see it I can shoot at it no matter if its 100 yards or 700 yards.  But again that's not what it was designed to do.
For up close target aquisition it is top notch IMHO.

ETA:  As LP said before the intensity is key.  For a bright sunny day its all the way on, but for cloudy, nighttime or inside its usually a few clicks back.  It's easy to tell what the right setting is for the environment.

What mount is coming with the M2?

BTW:  I got the LaRue mount, I just need to get it mounted and sighted in.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#41]
LT M68CCO or cantilever sight comes with the optic, but I'm leaning towards the EoThingy just to switch things up.

The Pilot has an interesting setup - FWD in street cruising mode, AWD if it senses slip, and lockable rear diff (for 4wd) to be used under 18MPH.  Doesn't strike me as heavy duty, but it is lockable in slow 4wd - maybe that would be like 4-low in a "real" 4wd.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Where we got out in the desert seems to be pretty tame, though, if you don't have a lot of ground clearence, you may want just pull off the road a bit, and catch a ride further back.

As for Concealed Weapons permits, I am curious, who all has one?  It seems there is a lot of talk about getting them, but not a lot of people have them.  I have had one for 5 or so years now.  

Also, another thought on concealed carry, is ankle holsters.  Our instructor (who was ex-LEO) used an ankle holster.  Not many people look at your ankles, so it makes it a really good hiding spot.  

I like Kydex for competition.   But, I don't know that I would want to use Kydex for Conceal and carry.  I should bring out my skeleton holster some time.  Kind of odd to look at.  :-)  It would NOT make a good carry holster of any kind.  :-)  But, I can draw fast from it! :-)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#43]
I have a CCW Ryfter.

I have been off for awhile, and it seams I have missed out. What is this "new" site you guys are going to? How do I get on?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#44]
I've had my CCW for alomost 2 years now.  I carry pretty much everywhere but work.

SM
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#45]
BTW, Spiff was showing me his inspiration for his new biuld, it should be interesting:

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I have a CCW Ryfter.

I have been off for awhile, and it seams I have missed out. What is this "new" site you guys are going to? How do I get on?

This one?   HDI   Request to be a member and Spiff can add you.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I've got an M2 mounted on an ARMS 68 mount with a kill flash.

I was just down at the Orchard Range last night for a quick test firing.  The road was pretty muddy and slick.  I don't think you will want to take your wifes new car down it right now.

Sleepdr, what are you asking for the ML2 or is it already spoken for?

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Where we got out in the desert seems to be pretty tame, though, if you don't have a lot of ground clearence, you may want just pull off the road a bit, and catch a ride further back.

As for Concealed Weapons permits, I am curious, who all has one?  It seems there is a lot of talk about getting them, but not a lot of people have them.  I have had one for 5 or so years now.  

Also, another thought on concealed carry, is ankle holsters.  Our instructor (who was ex-LEO) used an ankle holster.  Not many people look at your ankles, so it makes it a really good hiding spot.  

I like Kydex for competition.   But, I don't know that I would want to use Kydex for Conceal and carry.  I should bring out my skeleton holster some time.  Kind of odd to look at.  :-)  It would NOT make a good carry holster of any kind.  :-)  But, I can draw fast from it! :-)

I've had a CCW from NY and Arizona for over 18 years.  I'll be getting my Idaho one shortly.  

I would not recommend an ankle hoster for your primary weapon carrying.  If you need to get to it fast you'll be dead.  Most LEO's carry a backup there, but never their main weapon.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I've got an M2 mounted on an ARMS 68 mount with a kill flash.

I was just down at the Orchard Range last night for a quick test firing.  The road was pretty muddy and slick.  I don't think you will want to take your wifes new car down it right now.

Sleepdr, what are you asking for the ML2 or is it already spoken for?

Thanks for the update on the roads - If we go, I may have to hitch a ride partway down, as I've done in the past.

Do you find that the 4MOA dot limits you much?  Killflash get in your way?  I'm sorely tempted by that SKDTac deal, but want to try an EoTech.  Then issues arise with clearing the LMT fixed BUIS, which risers will fit on the rail with the LMT, etc.

The sale of the ML2 came up after another guy was looking for the 2x integral Aimpoint, and I just shipped it out today.  It came from a guy who didn't like the narrow field of view, and I sold it for the same reason.  Sorry - would certainly have let you check it out first had I known.  If you're used to the nice field of view from your 1x Aimpoint, I'll bet you would be disappointed.  They basically stuck a 2x on the objective - the 4MOA dot stayed the same physical size, but was covering a target twice as big - effectively 2MOA.

Jollyroger:  You getting tired of that Troy BUIS?  I've got a virtually new LMT here that would go very nicely with your Aimpoint & LaRue mount if you're interested in a trade (I could throw in some cash, too).  Check out all the pics of the high-speed/low drag guys running that setup - sight is always ready, gives lower 1/3 cowitness, solidly built, and lovingly cared for by me.

ETA: I agree with AZ on ankle carry.  OK for backup, but not what I'd choose for my primary carry.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Jollyroger:  You getting tired of that Troy BUIS?  I've got a virtually new LMT here that would go very nicely with your Aimpoint & LaRue mount if you're interested in a trade (I could throw in some cash, too).  Check out all the pics of the high-speed/low drag guys running that setup - sight is always ready, gives lower 1/3 cowitness, solidly built, and lovingly cared for by me.

Tired of the Troy?   Hardly, I like that thing quite a bit.  In fact I'm going to put another one on the AR w/ ACOG that's in the works.

On second thought...would you want to sell it outright-no trade?
Page / 4
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top