BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
how are we going to clean guns on that little table?

**** TRY OUR WEEKEND BUFFET****
(Saturday and Sunday 7:30 - 11:00 am)
All you can eat…Eggs, bacon. Sausage, hot cakes, french toast, homemade biscuits,
sausage gravy, grits, potatoes, and fried apples

Yeah Fooooooooooooooood

Hopefully this will go so well that you will be to tired to clean guns.

There breakfast buffet is usually pretty good. Of course you have to like southern cooking. [):D]

Um, let's not talk about that 'Southern Style' Biscuits & Gravy...

(before I get flamed out of existence, I happen to love biscuits & sausage gravy, this is a little 'inside joke')

By the way, what hotel is that?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The excerpt that RobertM posted was from Sheldon's Motel.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm planning to make it to the shoot. What is the  schedule? Will it start Friday evening or Sat.

Breakfast at Keysville sounds good to me.

Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The shoot is going to start Saturday morning. I haven't picked a time yet. Those people who are coming into town on Friday will be recruited to help with the last minute setting up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 3:34:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think that I will be coming and will try to bring some gear with me. I will be driving in on Saturday so a late morning start would help me out!

C4

Thats great to hear. I was thinking about starting at 10:00 or 11:00 for those who are going to drive in on Saturday morning.

For those who haven't had a chance to deal with Grant, he is a great guy and is quite helpful when it comes to getting what you want. I just picked up a SureFire M500A from him and the service was great. So bring some money, he may have just what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I just added some more info about the motel closest to the range. Check the second post on the first page.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Just made my reservation for 10/10 and 10/11 @ Sheldon's.

I am 100% in.....
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I am 100% in.....

Did the person who answered the phone understand when you said you were with the AR15.com party?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am 100% in.....

Did the person who answered the phone understand when you said you were with the AR15.com party?

After I prompted for it, yes.  Initially she said she saw no group discounts for that day, then I specifically said AR15.com and she said yes.....and hooked me up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]
So what's the deal with the shoot itself?  I keep trying with BVMJetHead to get some sort practical shooting going in the HR area with no results.  Anyone game for that?  I miss shooting with the FDCC, and I've got Dirk Pitt's drawings of a bunch of COF's.  It'd also give me something to do with the heap of moving boxes in my living room...
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I am meeting with the club board on Thursday evening to iron out all event details. Once I am done, I will edit the original post showing exactly what will be planned for the weekend.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, everything I proposed was aproved this evening. The only thing that was questioned was the name of the event. I will list everything tomorrow when I am not so tired.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 6:37:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Are machineguns a GO?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Unfortunately no, full auto fire won't be allowed. Their Insurance carrier freaked when the question was brought up, at least that was what I was told. Of course you can bring your machine guns but the selector will have to stay on semi.

Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:02:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Skeet lessons are included in the admission price if I so desire?  Will there be a puller for skeet?

Space on the firing line for the 200yd rifle range is F.C.F.S.?  Rotation?  Or what?

I will be coming down Friday afternoon.  I should be there around 3-5pm, maybe sooner.

Email me your cell number and home number so I can touch base with you when I hit town and I'll help with what I can.

Thanks,

Ed
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Are machineguns a GO?

Can we do the Bump!!!!!!!!! ???
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Skeet lessons are included in the admission price if I so desire?  Will there be a puller for skeet?

Space on the firing line for the 200yd rifle range is F.C.F.S.?  Rotation?  Or what?

I will be coming down Friday afternoon.  I should be there around 3-5pm, maybe sooner.

Email me your cell number and home number so I can touch base with you when I hit town and I'll help with what I can.

Thanks,

Ed

The skeet lessons are included for anyone who want a lesson. All the skeet fields have mechanical throwers, so the instructor or other people shooting will push the button for the shooter.

The 200yd line will be a FCFS serve unless there are people lined up. If there are a lot of people lined up, then we can rotate the shooting positions.

There are going to be some other people coming into Sheldon's around the same time. I was thinking about setting up a meet time for us. Then we can all carpool to the range. I will IM you my numbers also.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are machineguns a GO?

Can we do the Bump!!!!!!!!! ???

There are no rules against it at the range and they didn't tell me we couldn't, so yes you can do the bump.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#21]
OK, I just cleared it with the Lady of the house...I'll be there.
I'd really like to see a pin match, anyone else up for turning pins into toothpicks? I'm a huge fan.
Anyone bringing a AR 10 or its equivilant?
I'd really like to try one out.

-R
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd like if there were some pins for use out at 200yds.

A 50AE and 458 SOCOM at 200yds should do well with them once I figure out the come ups.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad to hear that you can make it slacker. I like the idea of bowling pins as well, this may just fit my idea of a rifle competition. If anyone has access to some, bring them along. I will also look into finding some for the shoot. I know that FMJunkie will be bringing a couple of AR10's to the shoot. He is always happy to let people give them a try.

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Have they worked out what the price will be. I will be bringing my son and the other half.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Have they worked out what the price will be. I will be bringing my son and the other half.

Motel is $56/night other prices are listed in the first three posts.  He edited them with new info.

Ed
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I know that FMJunkie will be bringing a couple of AR10's to the shoot. He is always happy to let people give them a try.

Oh great, now I'll have to go out and buy more ammo!

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Ok, I'm not a marathon reader so I may have missed the answer to the questions I'm going to ask....

#1 Full Auto allowed????
#2 Ammo available on site? (Reasonably priced)
#3 Grenade launching (INERT)?
#4 Max yardage?

It's a long haul from Newport News, but I plan on being there!

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Ok, I'm not a marathon reader so I may have missed the answer to the questions I'm going to ask....

#1 Full Auto allowed????NO.
#2 Ammo available on site? (Reasonably priced}Not sure.
#3 Grenade launching (INERT)?Not sure.
#4 Max yardage?200yds if the info above is correct

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

#1 Full Auto allowed????
#2 Ammo available on site? (Reasonably priced)
#3 Grenade launching (INERT)?
#4 Max yardage?

As Shivan posted, 1 and 4 are correct, 2 is being worked on, and 3 is yes. I think the answer to 4 should be plenty for 3.

Glad to hear that you can make it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The prices are listed on the first page now, sorry it took so long. How old is your son? So far I know there are going to be at least 4 kids under 10 there. I think we should have a good little group for plinking with the .22's.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:47:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Didn't read the whole thing but saw no mention in the above list, how about Tannerite? It ain't a party without HE.

Those of you that have something on transfer with me that might want to play with it at this event let me know. Chances are I will most likely go. EVEN if MG's are not allowed.

Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Didn't read the whole thing but saw no mention in the above list, how about Tannerite? It ain't a party without HE.

Those of you that have something on transfer with me that might want to play with it at this event let me know. Chances are I will most likely go. EVEN if MG's are not allowed.

This is something that wasn't covered in the club rules either. From talking with one of the board members, he suggested that I keep it, a don't ask policy. He said keep it in limited amounts and it should be a problem. If you hang around for the bonfire, maybe we can get one good boom in the dark. If not we can do a few smaller amounts during the day.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll be showing up Sat. morning.What was the deal with the three gun match of some sort.Will it be availible,and what types ,and amounts of ammo are needed for this activity.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Geez, and I thought I was whining about the drive from central NJ!
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I'll be showing up Sat. morning.What was the deal with the three gun match of some sort.Will it be availible,and what types ,and amounts of ammo are needed for this activity.

Yes there will be a three gun match. I still haven't worked out all the plans for it yet, so I can't give you a definite answer on amount of ammmo for it. It definitely won't be that much ammo though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:34:40 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm coming from Newport News area.

There are ALOT of us from the Tidewater area going, we should all coordinate and carpool, share rooms etc.

This way it's cheaper for everybody involved.

I'd like to leave Friday night, get to the hotel and get some sleep before the event on Saturday morning.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Sheldon's On Mapquest

Looks like it will be about 3.5-4 hours from NoVA.

FMJunkie what time are you heading out?  If you are planning on crossing NoVA around Noon I can arrange to meet up with you and caravan down.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I'm coming from Newport News area.

There are ALOT of us from the Tidewater area going, we should all coordinate and carpool, share rooms etc.

This way it's cheaper for everybody involved.

I'd like to leave Friday night, get to the hotel and get some sleep before the event on Saturday morning.

It looks like I'll be able to make it but I won't be able to leave until Saturday morning.  If anyone else from Tidewater wants to carpool or at least convoy let me know.  Oh, I have to come on Saturday night because I have to leave for Bethesda Sunday morning.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#39]
My son is nine, I will like to get my ruger
10-22 out and let him put some holes in the paper for the kid shoot. He loved to shoot the AR and the Ruger. We will be staying overnight then heading back to newport news sunday morning.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
My son is nine, I will like to get my ruger
10-22 out and let him put some holes in the paper for the kid shoot. He loved to shoot the AR and the Ruger. We will be staying overnight then heading back to newport news sunday morning.  

There will also be some steel silhouettes for all the kids to shoot at. All the kids that come to the range love them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm scheduled to work that weekend, but I'm trying to get someone to cover for me.  When I told my wife and 12 y/o daughter about the VA BRD they said, "Let's go!"

So, depending upon finding someone to fill in for me, I should be there.  Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.  Looks like I need to pick up some ammo...
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Brohawk, hopefully you and the family can make it. I think that you and the family will have a great time. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:21:20 PM EDT
[#43]
It looks like I'll be able to make it but I won't be able to leave until Saturday morning. If anyone else from Tidewater wants to carpool or at least convoy let me know. Oh, I have to come on Saturday night because I have to leave for Bethesda Sunday morning.

M4arc, I'm thinking of doing the same thing. What time were you thinking of leaving to and from? I was talking with Grant today, they are staying overnight out there. When are you heading to Pungo next?

Mark
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#44]
I just added some new info in the first and second posts. The first is to let everyone know that C4iGrant will be coming with lots of goodies. The second covers setting up a time for people coming in on Friday to meet for breakfast on Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Sheldon's On Mapquest

Looks like it will be about 3.5-4 hours from NoVA.

FMJunkie what time are you heading out?  If you are planning on crossing NoVA around Noon I can arrange to meet up with you and caravan down.

I am doing my 'usual' trip down...  

I'll leave at 9:00 on Friday morning.  I usually hit the drawbridge by 12 but don't get across to VA until ~12:30 due to the construction/congestion.  I then usually pass through Richmond and am off 95 and onto the Powhite Parkway, etc. about 2:30-3:00 and then arrive in the Keysville area by 4 at the latest.  I sometimes hit some congestion around that damn interchange in NoVA (Fredericksburg?) that will never be built and again in Richmond but I usually always get there around 4.

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 3:48:20 AM EDT
[#46]
OK Guys- I swapped work with one of my co-workers for that weekend, so the schedule is clear!  Barring unforeseen plot complications the Brohawk family will be there!

I'll be leaving Charleston, SC, early Saturday AM, so we should be there around lunch time.  Planning on spending the night and departing Sunday AM.

This will be my first time at an event like this.  Besides ammo, is there anything I should bring or be aware of?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
OK Guys- I swapped work with one of my co-workers for that weekend, so the schedule is clear!  Barring unforeseen plot complications the Brohawk family will be there!

I'll be leaving Charleston, SC, early Saturday AM, so we should be there around lunch time.  Planning on spending the night and departing Sunday AM.

This will be my first time at an event like this.  Besides ammo, is there anything I should bring or be aware of?

Thats great news! The only things that you may want to add to your list would be some fold-up chairs and maybe a small cooler of drinks. There will be soda for sale at the club, but if you prefer water or something different bring it along. Besides for that, just bring whatever guns you want to shoot, and be ready for some fun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll Fucking be there!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#49]
I made my reservation this morning and they still have rooms available. I will be there Saturday night.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Are there any pics of the gun club facilities?  Will there be enough lanes for everyone to shoot without waiting?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top