Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#1]
What about Oct when it's a little more cooler.....Hopefully?
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Sunday works better for me also. I have the USMC Mud Run in Columbia  on Saturday.
I'll be bringing some full autos as well. AC 556, Thompson M1A1 and my Barrett 50.
3 guns with cans also  
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Since some guys prefer Saturday vs Sunday or vice-versa let's just say the weekend of 9/25. A couple guys have already said they're camping and I may as well. So Sept 24-26th.

Link Posted: 7/31/2010 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I am putting these dates on my calendar. Looking forward to meeting new folks.

jerz_subbie and I can never get our posts together in the proper order.

m
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there a max number of people allowed?  I know there are some lurkers who watch to see what's going on etc.....At one of our southwest FL shoots, someone had a rifle stolen.  So from then on, we made damn sure you were known by name & screen name...We are all going to be new to each other, but lets stay frosty for our members.......Speaking of frosty, are adult beverages allowed in the camp area?
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 3:37:55 AM EDT
[#6]
and, at Leeds unless under renovation, then Philsons. is that the plan?
Quoted:
Since some guys prefer Saturday vs Sunday or vice-versa let's just say the weekend of 9/25. A couple guys have already said they're camping and I may as well. So Sept 24-26th.

Link Posted: 8/14/2010 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I understand it, that is correct.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I understand it, that is correct.

That's what's on my calendar.  OP updated!

ETA:  Plan B (Philsons w/ camping at Brick House) isn't by any means ideal.  If anyone knows about camping closer to Philsons, please post it.  As it stands, there's a substantial drive between shooting and camping if Leeds doesn't work out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#9]
well, I'm out, Sumter is too far for a shoot, especially that close (time) to the AAC Silencer Shoot o_O
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#10]
That's Sumter National Forest, not the town of Sumter, in case you had the two confused.  Leeds is actually fairly close to Chester, which isn't too far from the border, I guess.  Hope you can make it, if not, hopefully we'll have plenty of other opportunities.
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That's Sumter National Forest, not the town of Sumter, in case you had the two confused.  Leeds is actually fairly close to Chester, which isn't too far from the border, I guess.  Hope you can make it, if not, hopefully we'll have plenty of other opportunities.

Google Maps Link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=34.6684711+-81.4131521&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=51.841773,118.916016&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=34.666482,-81.415493&spn=0.003318,0.007258&z=18

You can see the range at that zoom level.

Link Posted: 8/22/2010 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm in I think - as long as it's not on a gun show weekend in SC..

It is :)
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in I think - as long as it's not on a gun show weekend in SC..

It is :)

Where's the one that weekend?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:06:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:Where's the one that weekend?

Not in the upstate, Sept 25-26 Florence,  Florence Civic Center
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Is there a max number of people allowed?  I know there are some lurkers who watch to see what's going on etc.....At one of our southwest FL shoots, someone had a rifle stolen.  So from then on, we made damn sure you were known by name & screen name...

I just caught this thread last night and I'd love to attend! Any requirements or just show up the day of the shoot?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there a max number of people allowed?  I know there are some lurkers who watch to see what's going on etc.....At one of our southwest FL shoots, someone had a rifle stolen.  So from then on, we made damn sure you were known by name & screen name...

I just caught this thread last night and I'd love to attend! Any requirements or just show up the day of the shoot?  
Bring ammo

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#17]

It's a public shooting range so anyone can come.

Like RDTCU said, bring lots of ammo. Myself and several others will have several Class 3 weapons in .22, .223, 9mm, and .45. Your more than welcome to shoot them if you like.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#18]
OK, so the date approaches.  Anyone heard anything about the status of renovations at Leeds?  If not, I'll put in a call early next week.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I just moved to Hartsville and If my mind remembers correctly Camden is rather close. Any good areas to shoot around this part of SC? Oh btw im down with the carpool idea. I got the itch to shoot and cant seem to locate any ranges around here!

Quoted:
I'd definitely like to meet the SC crew in person––keep us posted on times/dates

eta:  I'm in Camden––-do most of my shooting in the back yard, but the backstop isn't enough for multiple shooters.  I have reliable transportation and have room for 2 others (and gear) if anyone wants to carpool.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:53:41 AM EDT
[#20]
How am I just now finding this thread?  I will definately be in a day of fun at either range.  Both are under construction right now last I heard
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Why'd this get untacked only 10 days out

I'm probably going to bring a buddy who just escaped from NJ to let him see how fun ARs can be
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#22]
With it coming up only in about a week, should we set up times to meet?  I'm guessing Sat morning at one of the ranges.  If one is closed, is it 100% that the other will be open?

With the gf out of town, I was actually going to be heading to one of the ranges this same weekend, ironic enough.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Saturday around noon is likely when I'll be there.

We have to find out if Leeds is re-opened yet.... Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll see if I can dig up the Forestry Service number again to see if either or both ranges are going to be open.  Will report back early next week...
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Just found this thread, its been awhile since I've dropped in on this site.  I'm in greenville. would like to come down, just can't say yes or no at this moment.
Link Posted: 9/18/2010 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just found this thread, its been awhile since I've dropped in on this site.  I'm in greenville. would like to come down, just can't say yes or no at this moment.

No problem... Just come on down if you're able to!
Link Posted: 9/18/2010 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#27]
So do we have an official list of who's planning on coming?

Just wondering how many people are gonna actually be there...
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#28]

I plan on being there with probably 2 fellow shooters.
Link Posted: 9/20/2010 4:42:33 AM EDT
[#29]
According to a differnt thread here in Carolinas, Leeds is still closed.  Are we trusting that Philson's will be open?

Mastadon, did you ever verify things with US Forestry?

EDIT: I plan on getting there Sat at noon, but I do want to hear the verdict on Philson's construction though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2010 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

i'll be there sat around noon
Link Posted: 9/20/2010 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Since Leeds is still closed are we going to meet at Philsons since it's open? Here is a link showing it being open around about a week and a half ago.

http://www.carolinashootersforum.com/showthread.php?t=83291&highlight=philsons

I think we should meet there so folks can start making plans to attend.
Link Posted: 9/20/2010 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#32]
im in florence but a camp out doesnt sound bad. iv been in sc for a year now and still havent meet anyone to shoot with so it would be worth the drive.
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#33]
How about it? Someone needs to call it. Philsons?
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

How about it? Someone needs to call it. Philsons?

I'd say Philson since it's open and Leeds is not...

(plus Philson is only an hour for me )

Link Posted: 9/22/2010 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#35]
OK, here's the official word from the Forest Service.

Leeds is currently closed, but is set to reopen this Friday, September 22, at 15:00.  If things run on schedule, we could be among the first to shoot on the newly renovated range.

However, Philsons opened last week and is definitely going to be open this weekend, so I guess Philsons is the proverbial bird in the hand.

As I don't ever trust a renovation to finish on schedule, my vote is we shoot at Philsons, which means that camping won't be convenient (it'll be a drive from Brick House to the range) but at least we're sure to have a functioning range.
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 5:59:37 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

As I don't ever trust a renovation to finish on schedule...
No kidding, the pistol range at my local place has been down for ~2 years now on a 2-month renovation...

And the 200yd range is 1.5 years behind schedule...

Fortunately I've got a friend 5 extra minutes away with plenty of private property and a 500yd rifle range and a new pistol range set up for CWP classes...

Link Posted: 9/22/2010 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Is there anyone nearby Leeds who can check it out Friday to see if it's opened? Or I guess we could call the Forestry Service at 3pm and simply ask. I'd prefer Leeds since it's closer and already a 90min drive for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't trust the re-open schedule. I'm heading to Philsons and plan on being there around 10:00-10:30. I'll be the one in the big tan truck with the BFL on the window.
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#39]
I'll be in the red 4door F150 squatting from ammo and guns...
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Philson's
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Alright.  We have one Leeds and the rest Philsons.  I'm sticking with Philsons, and will plan on being there Saturday morning after I get done buying a bunch of house paint.  See you there!

ETA:  I'll be in a gray Tacoma with a camper top and a Marines front license tag.
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#42]
OK, looks like I'm out-voted and will be making the trip to Philson's.

I'll be there w/ a buddy Saturday around noon'ish in a white sonoma w/ white BFL on the rear glass and a bed full of guns & ammo
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#43]
So far I've got 4 full cans of various ammo, a couple cans of handguns and a few rifles in a pile on the floor...

30-06

9mm

10mm

Both guns in my avatar, couple AR's, .308 AR, RFB, few handguns...

ETA, i'm planning on being there 10-ish

Link Posted: 9/22/2010 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
OK, looks like I'm out-voted and will be making the trip to Philson's.

I'll be there w/ a buddy Saturday around noon'ish in a white sonoma w/ white BFL on the rear glass and a bed full of guns & ammo

Link Posted: 9/23/2010 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Ive been waiting on a new nightforce for 2 months now, and was hoping to have it for this weekend.  Doesn't look its going to show up , but I am planning on still coming.  

Ill be in my trail Jeep WJ
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 6:20:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Ive been waiting on a new nightforce for 2 months now, and was hoping to have it for this weekend.  Doesn't look its going to show up , but I am planning on still coming.  

Edit: fine...

And you must not have enough bills, working where you do and buying NF...

Almost half my paycheck goes to bills and mortgage now

Link Posted: 9/23/2010 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you bring my sis' ex-BF, he might not make it home...

Ouch, Devin, did I offend you at some point?  Nathan and I don't shoot together, we don't even work together anymore.  How I spend my money is no business of yours.  Are you implying that I don't make very much?  You have no idea how much I make.  And assuming otherwise is completely disrespectful.  Not sure if your remarks were malicious, but any anger you have towards a common aquaintance of ours is pretty shallow if you hold things against me.  I thought you were above all of that, thats unfortunate.

My appologies for getting side tracked off of the thread topic, lets not ruin this for everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you bring my sis' ex-BF, he might not make it home...

So Devin, was that a threat on my life then?  Im not sure those are permissable under the TOS, or the rules of commn fucking decency.  If you've got something to say, step up to the plate, big boy, and say it like a man.

Got something against me for the way things turned out with your sister?  Well, she probably didn't tell you the whole story then.  She must have left out the part where she cheated on me while wearing the ENGAGEMENT RING that i bought her.  Hmm, maybe she didn't mention that?  She must have made me out to be the bad guy, when I was the one that really got fucked in this situation.  So if you really want to have an opinion about somebody, how about make it an informed opinion and find out the true story before you run that mouth of yours?  Or do you feel like you're a big man since you finally moved out (it only took 25 years right?).

And one more thing, don't go disrespecting friends of mine like that either.  What anyone makes and spends their money on is of no concern to you, and yet again that falls under the rules of common decency to not mention shit like that.  And you know how much we make here how?

If you have something to say, say it.  If not, shut the fuck up and never let my name or mention of me ever come out of your mouth again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Ouch, Devin, did I offend you at some point?

haha, no no no, it was more a commentary on my lack of funds for fun stuff as of late

(the wording could have been a little less subtle i guess)

Link Posted: 9/23/2010 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

No Nathan, i quit actually listening to most of what my sister says years ago, i just see what i see and take it at that.

Whatever opinion i may or may not have of you doesn't affect my dealings with others, Byrd included.

That comment was offhand and it's not like Byrd and i hadn't talked about it before.

If you wanna start throwing insults because i inadvertently touched a nerve (of someone i didn't even know was on this board), it doesn't say much for your side now does it.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top