Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Acura TL Type S

Link Posted: 3/9/2009 4:39:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My daily is a 01' Cavalier w/ 140,000 + miles.
Sorry no pics (who takes pics of their DD anyway).

My other hobby besides Guns.
87' Toy 4runner 3/4 ton chevy axels, dual toy t-cases, and 38in Swampers (Plans for bigermeats are in the future)
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/mobo1800/Matt_Watter_Fall_1.jpg

And I wheel the heck out of it.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/mobo1800/Matt_High_Point_1.jpg

No cage?

I DD a 95 grand cherokee 4.0 4x4 has 131 on it. Bought it for 1300 3 yrs ago and not an ounce of issues from it.

It is going truggy this fall, with a 4link rear and narrowed front.  If money allows a new motor and and some 4D's.  the current motor has 270,000 and still runs great.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 5:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#5]
1996 Impala SS
Cold air intake (Team SS Pipe)
OBD-1 Computer
HEAVILY MODIFIED suspension
Corvette Front Disc Brakes (13" Rotors) W/Full Metallic Pads
275-40/17 W speed rated Tires

The last set of tires lasted around 10,000 miles. Taking corners at 130+ takes a toll on them!

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 6:17:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pursuit, you can't exactly say "taking corners" and Impala in the same sentence.  Those terms are pretty much mutually exclusive.

And yes, I have ridden in one.  The terms whale and wallow-like-a-pig comes to mind.    However, they do make great battering rams.

Trust me.......................FAR FROM STOCK SUSPENSION!!!!!!

There are Impalas pulling .96 g's with suspension upgrades!

And at speeds over 140 I'll take my Impala over ekee's Camaro anyday (OP) (I've been in it at over 140!). The Camaro feels too "floaty" at high speed!

eeke's Camaro is FAST, SCARY FAST!!!!!, but maybe he will weigh in which handled better. His Camaro or the Caprice 9C1 he had!

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
.... and do all these Delorean cars hit 88mph?

Just barely with that anemic PRV 6-banger in 'em.

Several cars in recent automotive history suffered badly at the hands of penny-pinching factory bean-counters when it came time to pick a drivetrain for the car.  The DeLorean is one and the Subaru SVX is another.  Both had the potential to be great cars, but ended up being only extremely mediocre.  And the last model year ('88 I think) Fiero was almost a great car as well.  They finally fixed the suspension woes and gave it a decent, but not quite great, engine.

WTF are you talking about??  They'll run 130+ mph on the track.  It's not a race car––it wasn't built as one––it's a touring car.  It's geared high, so 0-60 isn't anything like the Ferraris and other European sports cars that were in the same price point.  0-60 is 7.x something in the manuals, and 8.x in the automatics.

But yes, it could have used a larger engine to help with the competition.  Lots of guys have installed turbo chargers.  Serveral guys have updated it to the larger 3.0 liter PRV that was used in some early 80s Eagles.  Buick Grand National Engine, Chevy 350s, Cadillac Northstars, etc have all been installed and run great.  DMC Houston makes a performance "new" DeLorean that is much faster––turbocharged, better exhaust, etc.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Several cars in recent automotive history suffered badly at the hands of penny-pinching factory bean-counters when it came time to pick a drivetrain for the car.  The DeLorean is one and the Subaru SVX is another.  Both had the potential to be great cars, but ended up being only extremely mediocre.  And the last model year ('88 I think) Fiero was almost a great car as well.  They finally fixed the suspension woes and gave it a decent, but not quite great, engine.

WTF are you talking about??  They'll run 130+ mph on the track.  It's not a race car––it wasn't built as one––it's a touring car.  It's geared high, so 0-60 isn't anything like the Ferraris and other European sports cars that were in the same price point.  0-60 is 7.x something in the manuals, and 8.x in the automatics.

But yes, it could have used a larger engine to help with the competition.  Lots of guys have installed turbo chargers.  Serveral guys have updated it to the larger 3.0 liter PRV that was used in some early 80s Eagles.  Buick Grand National Engine, Chevy 350s, Cadillac Northstars, etc have all been installed and run great.  DMC Houston makes a performance "new" DeLorean that is much faster––turbocharged, better exhaust, etc.

The DeLorean DMC-12 time machine in the movie "Back to the Future" travels to a programmed date and time upon reaching 88 miles per hour... Mister delorean you lose the privilege to drive your DeLorean DMC-12 for one week then you and I get to travel back in time to prevent eric10mm from being conceived.

Link Posted: 3/9/2009 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF are you talking about??  They'll run 130+ mph on the track.

So will my grocery-getter Neon.  BTDT!  

Don't get me wrong, DeLoreans are cool and have lots of neato engineering.  But the stock engines were rather weak for a car that sold at well above average-car prices and was advertised as a "sports car".

Agreed......when you put it like that.  But again, it was built as a "touring" car more than a "sports car"––and that turned out to be a problem for people who expected more performance for the $25K in 1981 (it was suppose to be $12K originally.)  But, JZD built that car to last forever; from not being able to rust, to all the interchangeable parts.  The layout of the factory and modular assembly was revolutionary.  He was still a rich man until the day he died because of all the patents and consulting work he did with the car companies.

The PRV-6 is a good engine though––much better than the 4-cyl Citroen engine that was in the prototype.  They went with the larger PRV-6 with fuel injection (which wasn't that popular at the time), but then went cheap with a little Motorola alternator and Lucas electrical system.  A bigger alternator and Bosch relays make it a very reliable car.

Link Posted: 3/9/2009 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#13]
A very good friend of mine just got out of the Army and bought a Delorean from a guy up in St. Ann.  He'll be home in a month or two so I'm sure we'll take it for a spin.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Weekend toy.

Exact same car, same wheels, etc, but that's not mine pictured.  

Nice to know there are other Miata owners here.

I used to own a 93 NA Miata in Silver. I currently drive an 08 NC MX5 in Galaxy Gray, just got it a week ago. It may not be as "butch" as a mustang but it zips like a laser beam and has enough trunk space for all my HK toys.

So if anyone sees a Gray MX5 around Saint Louis with an HK sticker in the rear window, that is me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#15]
'93 Jeep Cherokee. I also have a company van, a '98 utility van. Free gas in it!

Link Posted: 3/9/2009 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#16]
1992 Explorer Sport

Link Posted: 3/9/2009 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#17]
1999 Jeep Cherokee
2002 Nissan Maxima

BFL stickers on both, gotta represent and what not.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2009 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fail for having the screen name "Delorean" and not picking up on the Back to the Future reference.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 3:58:15 AM EDT
[#19]
2005 Honda Civic, good gas mileage, enough room for me and a kid or three and a title in the safe
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#20]
all I have is a night photo of my truck and a phone pick of my celica. I get 38 mpg with the celica after pipes and a cold air intake. I have since changed tires on the truck it now has dual exhaust and a k&n air filter I want to get the cold air for it too. Guns have taken all my money so i havent gotten it yet.  Also I bought my celica right before my divorce but it didnt run so the ex didnt try and take it. I  moved out of the deplex neighborhood and into a nice new house with my new wife. its amazing what is possible with a good partner. My new wife encourges me to get more gun too.

Link Posted: 3/10/2009 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
all I have is a night photo of my truck and a phone pick of my celica. I get 38 mpg with the celica after pipes and a cold air intake. I have since changed tires on the truck it now has dual exhaust and a k&n air filter I want to get the cold air for it too. Guns have taken all my money so i havent gotten it yet.  Also I bought my celica right before my divorce but it didnt run so the ex didnt try and take it. I  moved out of the deplex neighborhood and into a nice new house with my new wife. its amazing what is possible with a good partner. My new wife encourges me to get more gun too.

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/glk34/new040.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/glk34/celica.jpg

It goes without saying, she's a keeper!  
Link Posted: 3/10/2009 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I drive:

My wife Drives(not my picture, ours is maroon with a brush guard and different wheels):

I used to drive this:

I owned this but never drove it:

And this was my first truck:

lunyou
Link Posted: 3/11/2009 3:05:55 AM EDT
[#23]
1991 Camaro Z28 convertible, 305 TPI/auto, 4th gen 3.73 posi rear end w/discs, 4th gen grey/red seats, out of about 100,000 Camaros made in 91, mine is 1 of 3200 Z28 verts

1988 TransAm GTA, currently a 305 TPI but due to a knocking rod, low oil psi (zero at idle) and more than likely fucked heads/gaskets, will be a 350 TPI by the end of summer BW T-5 5-speed, epic 80's style digital dash FTW!

2007 Colorado Ex Cab 1LT Z71 4x4 <––-wife's daily driver, it's comfy for her since she's 6'1

1993 Lumina Z34 with the 3.4 liters of Twin Dual Cam goodness! <––-my daily driver since it gets good mileage and I have a 40-mile round trip to work.
Link Posted: 3/11/2009 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#24]

2000 Jeep TJ 4x4

4 cylinder

bone stock

worn tires

120,000 miles

custom passenger seat with 1 quart of oil spilled on it

custom carpet with french fries and cold beverage stain throughout

custom passenger side fender with perfect rust hole

custom rear bumper (none at all)

Heavily Modified suspension (especially on front driver's side, it shakes at high speed)

State-of-the-art driver seat navigation (you turn wheel, Jeep turns that way)

great fuel milage (you put gas in it, it goes until empty)

Pioneer CD/Radio (I can't believe someone hasn't stolen it yet)

Link Posted: 3/11/2009 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Everyday Drivers:
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
2000 Dodge Dakota R/T
2000 Dodge 4x4 Ext cab

Weekend rides:
70 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 6pk
73 Plymouth Duster 340
66 Dodge Charger 440
79 Dodge Little Red Express

Can you see a trend here to a certain brand of car?
Link Posted: 3/11/2009 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah.  All peices of crap.

Just kidding. Had to say it.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2009 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#27]
2008 Hummer H3
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Daily Driver:

2000 Audi S4 Quattro  (For Sale, PM if interested)

Project Car:

1995 Nissan 240sx  (I've let this car go to hell, now I'm going to try and revive it)

Work car:

2008 Ford CVPI
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll partial trade you my 02 Civic Si and some guns for that Audi.  I've seen "Ronin" too many times.

You might have to give me some time to pay you the rest of the cash though.  LOL
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I was just asking the wife today if she had seen my copy of Ronin
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Ronin was one of the first DVD's I ever bought.  I LOVE that movie.  

I'll get some photos of my CVPI here shortly, maybe at tomorrow's match.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#32]
2005 F150 that I bought late last year;

1989 Suburban that I recently even swapped MB's Olds Silhouette mini-van for;

When I first got it

At a friend's place getting some craigslist nerf bars welded on

I just put new tires on the F150 (same as those pictured), and I'm hoping to get some new tires for the 'burban soon. It's got 33x12.5x15 Super Swamper TSLs on it, and I'd like to get 35x12.5x15 Super Swamper TSL or M16s. They want lots of dollars for them though.

EDIT:

Can't forget my other rides;

Pride Sonic

Pride Celebrity

My Jazzy Jet 2 on the back of the 2000 Ranger that I traded in on the F150

In Wisconsin;
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 10:33:12 PM EDT
[#33]
New stickers on my Suburban;

Link Posted: 4/14/2009 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#34]
07 Ford Expedition Limited.....fuckin love this ride, I've had it for about two months and I intend to drive this thing forever!

Anybody know if the chip upgrades are worth a shit? I'd like to get one, better milage and performance sound good to me.  Plus the expedition is a litlle sluggish on takeoff & I'd like to remedy that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 1:09:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Retired Florida Highway Patrol Pursuit 2002 Camaro
w/ SLP  SS  Hood
SLP Intake system
Black w/ Full tint
still has the pursuit and handling police package

ED
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~eeke/camaro1.jpg

You started with TOP THIS.  TOP THIS with what??  Geek factor?  Styling?  Acceleration?  Top Speed?

If'n it's acceleration and/or top speed, I haven't seen anything on this thread that will touch my steed ––- a mildly modified 2000 Kawasaki ZX-12R.

Non-believers are welcome to try.  Just make sure it's a street licensed vehicle and that you DRIVE/RIDE it to the race event.  Make sure you bring me cash, too!

Link Posted: 4/14/2009 1:20:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh, yeah.... forgot to mention ––- I currently DRIVE an old, beat up 1994 Ford truck.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
w/ SLP  SS  Hood
SLP Intake system
Black w/ Full tint

ED

You started with TOP THIS.  TOP THIS with what??  Geek factor?  Styling?  Acceleration?  Top Speed?

If'n it's acceleration and/or top speed, I haven't seen anything on this thread that will touch my steed ––- a mildly modified 2000 Kawasaki ZX-12R.

Non-believers are welcome to try.  Just make sure it's a street licensed vehicle and that you DRIVE/RIDE it to the race event.  Make sure you bring me cash, too!

On public highways you can't corner with eeke's Camaro OR my highly modified 96 Impala SS! How do I know? Two idiots tried it on "Crotch Rockets"! They couldn't tale the flat corners on U.S. 169 north at 130 mph+,.........................we could! Bikes towed, dirts bags went to jail.

PursuitSS

Link Posted: 4/14/2009 5:54:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

On public highways you can't corner with eeke's Camaro OR my highly modified 96 Impala SS! How do I know? Two idiots tried it on "Crotch Rockets"! They couldn't tale the flat corners on U.S. 169 north at 130 mph+,.........................we could! Bikes towed, dirts bags went to jail.

PursuitSS

Yeah... I fully understand the difference in cornering capabilites.  I know that there are a whole lot of idiots and dirt bags out there riding motorcycles that DON'T understand!  With that said, a TRULY good AND experienced rider will take corners at speeds that will shock you (but a properly set-up car still has an advantage ––- but ONLY in/on the truly curvy roads).  

With the ZX-12R vs the Camaro or Impala it doesn't really matter. The acceleration and speed capabilities of the ZX-12R FAR exceed what the Camaro and Impala are capable of ––- you'd need a tight and curvy road to stay close.   I'm talking about the capabilities of the machines (WITH people at the controls that can use the machines!).

Not looking to get into a fight (or in any trouble!), but I'll gladly participate in a legal test to prove what I'm saying.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 6:16:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Also, in a pursuit we have the advantage as we are watching every mistake the runner is making and we can correct for it. Also, public highways have things like gravel and dirt on them, tends to screw up your day BIG TIME when you hit gravel in a corner at high speeds. Situations like this is why my last set of 275/40's lasted only 10,000 miles!

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 6:28:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Also, in a pursuit we have the advantage as we are watching every mistake the runner is making and we can correct for it. Also, public highways have things like gravel and dirt on them, tends to screw up your day BIG TIME when you hit gravel in a corner at high speeds. Situations like this is why my last set of 275/40's lasted only 10,000 miles!

PursuitSS

Understood!  [If you can stay close enough!  And a good/experienced rider will be far ahead ––- "reading" the road as they go, and slowing down/making "line" changes to avoid hazards as necessary.  No big deal ––- it's not like you're going to catch up!!]  

I get about 2,000-3,000 miles out of my tires on the ZX-12R (if I'm being cautious).  

Sounds like some R&D money needs to be allocated/spent.  Maybe we can do some PAID testing at Heartland Park?

Link Posted: 4/14/2009 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#41]
OK.... just let me know if you want to start some "official" testing.

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing I could sink my teeth into –––– LOTS of R&D vehicle experience!
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#42]
If you want to do some testing the best thing is apples to apples and oranges to oranges

Otherwise - you will not outrun the radio and the 223

Link Posted: 4/15/2009 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#44]
daily driver: 2006 Chevy
http://www.fidnet.com/~harleyms/truck5.jpg

toy: 1980 Malibu, owned since '92
http://www.fidnet.com/~harleyms/anglesmall.jpg

I could add my daughters sunfire and my wifes '08 Malibu but why lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
w/ SLP  SS  Hood
SLP Intake system
Black w/ Full tint

ED

PursuitSS

Some street bikes are way faster than others.

I know several bikes you wouldn't be able to see for more than a minute
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
w/ SLP  SS  Hood
SLP Intake system
Black w/ Full tint

ED

PursuitSS

Some street bikes are way faster than others.

I know several bikes you wouldn't be able to see for more than a minute

Agreed! BUT, some Camaro's are WAY faster than others. eeke's SLP Package Camaro will do 170+

PursuitSS

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Bikes are great for one thing, and one thing only.  Hauling one ass really fast!  

For everything else they suck majorly. That would include hauling groceries, dates, vacations, rain, snow, playing tackle with anything with 4 wheels, sand on the road, stop & go traffic in the summer (leathers and helmets suck in the summer), driving your friends to, well, anywhere, spending a day at the shooting range, no cupholders to hold your Route 44 Cherry Limeade

SORRY to tell you –– my Harley has a CUP HOLDER
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:43:05 AM EDT
[#49]

1986 Mercury Grand Marquis.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top