Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Wood, you can add me to the list of attendees.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Getting my stuff together this week.

What time does it start?

I am starting my list:

Cooler with Ice & lots of water
Snack food: protein
Sunscreen
9mm AR15 + a couple mags
Backup AR15 (maybe) + a couple mags
My newly acquired 9mm HK + a couple mags (I haven't even fired it yet)
LOTS of ammo
Holster & Belt
Tac Vest
Sunglasses/eye protection
Ear plugs: several pairs?

Change of clothes
Cash

more to come...
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:26:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Kick off time will be dry runs at 0830.  I will be there at 0800 straight up with a breakfast sandwich digesting.  Please eat prior to 0830 and bring PLENTY of Gatorade / H2O.  Camel backs are welcome also, but they are not required.  You will definitely slow down if you try to eat during or right before going hot.  There will be plenty of time for breaks.  A hat is highly suggested as well.  BTW:  I just got my AR15 team gear hat and it rocks.

Are you all planning on wearing boots?  Our map looks red on the weather chart so I assume that there will be slight showers (I hope).  ElRoto, no flash-backs, we are shooting in gravel this time with small approaches on mud.  Nothing too deep:)  Tennis shoes may be a little uncomfortable, so try with some hikers or straight away with boots...

Remember, DO NOT DRIVE SOUTH, we are shooting North this time :)

c-ya there,

c
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:38:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I am planning on wearing my Nike ACG mid-top hikers... (?) with black BDU pants.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:56:27 AM EDT
[#5]
that should do it...
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Start drinking water now, or else:
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have pics and video clips.
Who can host them?

I need more practice!!!
I am sore!!!!
I am going to the hot tub tonight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Great day.  Great course.  Great bunch of guys.  Learned a lot -- thanks again Chris.  Enjoyed the get together afterward, sorry I had to leave early but the wife picked up dinner and a movie (OLD SCHOOL!!!).  
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#10]
ETH, commanderjb, SuperAlpha, ElRoto, Energizer, Mojo, 308Wood, and all else…

What a great day, thank you for letting me hang out with you all again.  It was allot of fun.  Do not beat yourselves up too much.  This shit takes years to master, but in 1 eight-hour day, you all did fantastic.  You also had a rare opportunity to participate in this type of training so be proud; you all were all very successful.  You should also be sore, that shows you tried hard

At the end, that again was a glimpse of what you can do with good practice, timing, and discipline.  The malfunctions are normal with that many rounds and a really good weapons maintenance will “cure” a lot of what you all need.

Commanderjb, after the movie, remember these lines; “there’s my wife, smiling, “hi honey”, watching, judging, look at the baby, look at the baby…

C sends…  

BTW:  lets get together just to shoot again soon up there.  It is not that expensive for the back tac pits…
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Absolutely...even if it just for a couple of hours.  Are the back Tac bays open on Saturday?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#12]
yes they are...
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#13]

As always, I had a great time, and learned a lot.  

Meet several members:  commanderjb and 308wood from Houston and Ron (308wood's friend).

As for cg and his ROs, always great to learn from them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Mojo, thanks for letting me rock-n-roll on full auto.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh yeah, cant wait to see the pics!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah lets see some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#17]
hey guys,
wow, what a great class! (no one got shot)
we need to do something like this again soon.
i got ATCP at Gunsite in September but i would like to get some more training around Christmas.  i will check some of the ranges around Houston and see if we can do a one day shoot.  i know Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch has a shoot at ASC twice a year.  

we got 30 minutes of Video and it looks great.  my buddy Ronnie has the camera and he can burn the camera's mini tape to VHS and send a copy to you if you want one.   Chris gets his for free and like feel free to make as many copies of his as you want.  other than that, Video tapes are almost free but we may need some help with the shipping charges.  

thanks mojo for letting me shoot your full auto.  kicks ass!  now i got to get one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Will be happy to cover the charge for shipping and the tape cost.  Just let us know.  Who had the digital stills?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I have video clips, but I will not post them.
I will send them via email if you can receive such a large email, or I will link to them.  BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO KEEP THEM PRIVATE.

Note: some people complained that their pics were online....so I removed them...also the server was toooooooo slow

If you want your pics, email me.

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I will send them via email if you can receive such a large email, or I will link to them.  BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO KEEP THEM PRIVATE.

Note: some people complained that their pics were online....so I removed them...also the server was toooooooo slow

Send me the pics that you need hosted, along with whatever video clips you want to make public.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Heck.  My pics have been photoshopped by TRG and Legs, so I don't care.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:28:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top