BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I did pick up one of DD's mag locks, along with an extended rear pin, and pinned to 10 30 round mag...IF I decide to keep my M4gry in state, I'll swap parts (of course keping the old parts for when I get out of this shithole), and have a non-detachable mag M4gry that still looks like an M4gry.

Not a perfect solution, but it doesn't have to be registered, and I can take it out and shoot it....

Not bad to have the parts in the back pocket.....

Talked with Dean quite a bit about it, he has talked extensively with the SP idiots...they said his mag lock will satisfy the law, but of course no paperwork or letters....YMMV, but it seems like the best "compliant" fix to me. I looked at/tried those whacky looking banana handle no stock things...didn't FEEL too bad, but, man, just plain fuggly. As I said, I'd rather have the fixed mag solution....
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did pick up one of DD's mag locks, along with an extended rear pin, and pinned to 10 30 round mag...IF I decide to keep my M4gry in state, I'll swap parts (of course keping the old parts for when I get out of this shithole), and have a non-detachable mag M4gry that still looks like an M4gry.

Not a perfect solution, but it doesn't have to be registered, and I can take it out and shoot it....

Not bad to have the parts in the back pocket.....

Talked with Dean quite a bit about it, he has talked extensively with the SP idiots...they said his mag lock will satisfy the law, but of course no paperwork or letters....YMMV, but it seems like the best "compliant" fix to me. I looked at/tried those whacky looking banana handle no stock things...didn't FEEL too bad, but, man, just plain fuggly. As I said, I'd rather have the fixed mag solution....
View Quote

Do you have any pics?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did you ask them about what documentation they have on file to support the following? When you get it please take a few pics and post them in this thread. TIA

Magazine Lock holds magazine in exactly the same way asyour firearms original magazine catch, but makes it non removeable. Once the firearm has a "fixed magazine" it is no longer classified as an assault weapon, no matter what features are on it, and therfor does not require registration.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that's different from what they had at the Rochester Gun Show in Sept.  must be they have refined things a bit and actually made the product available for self installers.

eta:  i just ordered one to see what exactly it is.  i am still tinkering with my work around, but always looking for a cleaner look, and better way.

Did you ask them about what documentation they have on file to support the following? When you get it please take a few pics and post them in this thread. TIA

Magazine Lock holds magazine in exactly the same way asyour firearms original magazine catch, but makes it non removeable. Once the firearm has a "fixed magazine" it is no longer classified as an assault weapon, no matter what features are on it, and therfor does not require registration.

they have nothing in writing.  NYSP told them as long as the mag wasn't detachable it wasn't an assault weapon.  would not put it in writing.  they aren't going to tell people how to do a work around.  i will post pics when i get it, including any literature it comes with.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#6]
ok.  got it a few days ago, but i have been working and been dealing with a head cold and now SNOW!!

anyways, here it is.

the parts:
" />
" />

i put the parts together outside the lower so you get the idea:

then i added the 10 round mag and installed into a stripped lower.  dry fit only, it's not permanent.  i will cross that bridge when needed.
" />
" />
" />

this is the back side. now the guns that DD had at the Rochester Gun Show, had a tig weld over the threads to make it permanent.  how/if you make it permanent is up to you.  i'd say a weld or red locktite would be permanent, and anything less.....well, you know.
my plan if needed is to use red locktite and drill out the allen head on the screw, so it can't be turned out even if someone were to try to heat it up and back it out in order to prove it wasn't permanent.
" />

well that's that.  it sucks, but doesn't have to be registered.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
One would think a registered gun smith would have to make the fix not individuals. I think the ATF would have to come up with the design to be approved not the state of NY. What a fucked up law.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One would think a registered gun smith would have to make the fix not individuals. I think the ATF would have to come up with the design to be approved not the state of NY. What a fucked up law.
View Quote

The ATF has nothing to do with it, nor do they want to.  This is NY's shit storm, and they offer no advice on how to comply other than register.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top