Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Where's the party?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is the Pope Catholic a Pedophile?

I'm not Catholic...but that's starting to step over the line.

Legitimate question.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Legitimate question.
Is it true he(Pope) was in the Hitler Youth?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Legitimate question.

Quick Google search confirms that.  Joined in 1941 at 14 year old.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Legitimate question.

Following his fourteenth birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was enrolled in the Hitler Youth — as membership was required for all 14-year old German boys after December 1939[5] — but was an unenthusiastic member and refused to attend meetings.[6] His father was a bitter enemy of Nazism, believing it conflicted with the Catholic faith, according to biographer John L. Allen, Jr. In 1941, one of Ratzinger's cousins, a 14-year-old boy with Down syndrome, was killed by the Nazi regime in its campaign of eugenics.[7] In 1943 while still in seminary, he was drafted at age 16 into the German anti-aircraft corps. Ratzinger then trained in the German infantry, but a subsequent illness precluded him from the usual rigours of military duty. As the Allied front drew closer to his post in 1945, he deserted back to his family's home in Traunstein after his unit had ceased to exist, just as American troops established their headquarters in the Ratzinger household. As a German soldier, he was put in a POW camp but was released a few months later at the end of the War in summer 1945. He reentered the seminary, along with his brother Georg, in November of that year.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:59:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Legitimate question.

Quick Google search confirms that.  Joined in 1941 at 14 year old.  

It was required.   Suppose you were a 14 year old in Germany in 1941...guess what..you would have been a member of the Hitler youth as well.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It was required.   Suppose you were a 14 year old in Germany in 1941...guess what..you would have been a member of the Hitler youth as well.

Thanks for the history lesson!  My fathers family is eastern German.  I know this first hand.  My great uncle fought in WWII, for the Germans, and spent time in a Russian POW camp....  None of it was his choice.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the history lesson!  My fathers family is eastern German.  I know this first hand.  My great uncle fought in WWII, for the Germans, and spent time in a Russian POW camp....  None of it was his choice.

You don't know shit first hand...you weren't there...I have family and friends that served in various theaters in WWII as well....things get left out in the telling and retelling of war stories......I've had one gentleman tell me I know far more about the Pacific Campaigns in WWII than he does............and He was there.

Care to guess the ratio of pediphiles in the Catholic Church  to the general population?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Care to guess the ratio of pedophiles in the Catholic Church  to the general population?

Are we talking the priest side, or in general?  In general I'm guessing it would look the same as general population.  If we are talking priests, I would guess they would be several percentage points less then average.

The thing is, if my priest is going to sin and be human, fucking little boys isn't on the approved sin list.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, this is a curious hijack.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Care to guess the ratio of pediphiles in the Catholic Church to the general population?

For starters, it was a JOKE!  Maybe it was in poor taste or over the line (in your opinion), but at this point I would venture to guess both of our moderators have seen it.  It has not been removed nor have I gotten an IM saying that I’ve gone too far.  You seem to be the only one butt-hurt over my comment.   It was absolutely no worse than anything you would hear from Jay Leno or Dave Letterman on any given weeknight.  Do you call NBC & CBS every time they tell a joke you don’t agree with or find offensive?  Furthermore, you cannot deny the Catholic church hasn’t had its recent problems with its members and little boys.  Lastly, it was a legitimate question (thank you 1GR).  You could have simply answered “No, there is no evidence that he is”.  I understand you live your life very strongly led by your faith, I do not share that faith or belief.  If you are truly that offended, go back to the message and hit the report button, because you won’t get an apology out of me.

You don't know shit first hand...you weren't there...I have family and friends that served in various theaters in WWII as well....things get left out in the telling and retelling of war stories......I've had one gentleman tell me I know far more about the Pacific Campaigns in WWII than he does............and He was there.

Climb off your high horse, you imply the knowledge you have trumps mine somehow.  You’re so smart that YOU know more than someone else that was there?  That’s mighty egotistical of you.  My point wasn’t that I was there, my point was that I know about people being pressed into service in WW2 Germany.  I don’t need you to educate me on the issue.  I’ve talked directly with my great uncle about what he had to endure, I’ve spend time with my grandparents and great aunts & uncles learning about my family history.  Before you make snide remarks like “Suppose you were a 14 year old in Germany in 1941...guess what..you would have been a member of the Hitler youth as well.” You might want to know who you are making that statement towards because they might actually be well aware of that fact and situation.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Climb off your high horse, you imply the knowledge you have trumps mine somehow.  You’re so smart that YOU know more than someone else that was there?  That’s mighty egotistical of you.  My point wasn’t that I was there, my point was that I know about people being pressed into service in WW2 Germany.  I don’t need you to educate me on the issue.  I’ve talked directly with my great uncle about what he had to endure, I’ve spend time with my grandparents and great aunts & uncles learning about my family history.  Before you make snide remarks like “Suppose you were a 14 year old in Germany in 1941...guess what..you would have been a member of the Hitler youth as well.” You might want to know who you are making that statement towards because they might actually be well aware of that fact and situation.

You misunderstand what I said.....my point was....even if you are there for a historic event......you are not going to know the full extent of said event...you can't...you see only what you see.  Only in history can we see the full extent of a given event.  Your Grandfather only knew what he saw.....as my friend only saw the war in the Pacific from the seat of a 5" 38 cal antiaircraft gun.....He did not see the events leading up to the Marianas Turkey shoot....Nor was he privy to Admiral  Michner's decisions....But through history and books..we are able to.....and hindsight is always 20/20.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Anybody want to come to a pants party?

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Care to guess the ratio of pediphiles in the Catholic Church  to the general population?

You were an alter boy, weren't you?
or....or....

Why don't you tell us Mr. Smartypans?
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You drunk, 1nutgummer?

Is the Pope Catholic?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Sorry to be argumentative, but I find most bear poop is smack dab in the middle of the road.  Now the roads are usually in the woods, but dammit, I'm stickin' to it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You drunk, 1nutgummer?

Is the Pope Catholic?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Yes (and shame on you!)
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or....or....

fuck off.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

or....or....

fuck off.

Cant we all just get along?
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck off.

Ohh, oooh. ooohwoooh....
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#25]
This one is finished.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top