Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
If I have to work the night before I'll be there.  If I'm off, I won't.  But if I'm there, I'm in for the shoot!  Somebody's got to take last place.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm very interested in attending but cannot commit at the moment.

Bomber

Let me know if the daughter will attend as well, I will bring the Sig for her and you to shoot.

Thanks! I got a deal on a  G19 for her to use. If we show up she'll have it. I'm not big on Glocks but that's what she wanted .

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 1:25:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

Let me know if the daughter will attend as well, I will bring the Sig for her and you to shoot.

Thanks! I got a deal on a  G19 for her to use. If we show up she'll have it. I'm not big on Glocks but that's what she wanted .

Bomber

No matter what, you know you and her can shoot anything I bring.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:58:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll bring the Coleman stove again so we can make hot cocoa (if it's really cold outside).  Last time it was really warm and we didn't end up needing it.  I'll also be taking a lot of digital pics to share and post here this time (I finally got a decent camera).  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#5]

I'll try to make this one also.
DaddyDett
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Does someone have a .44Mag hunting revolver they could bring???  One with a pistol scope & 6"-9" barrel??

I'd love to try a nice one out.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Does someone have a .44Mag hunting revolver they could bring???  One with a pistol scope & 6"-9" barrel??

I have a Dan Wesson with an 8" Vent Heavy barrel. No scope. It is for sale also.

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have a 5" 629 Classic you can shoot if you like.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to see what a decked out hunting rig felt like...

Wanted to see if I coud hit steel at 150yds --
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to see what a decked out hunting rig felt like...

Wanted to see if I coud hit steel at 150yds --

You need to start shooing IDPA and USPSA my friend.  I can hit that piece of steel there at 150yds with my Glock 17 (Trijicon night sights and a trigger job).  It really isn't that hard.
I've been shooting IDPA and USPSA for about a year now and I'm a B class USPSA Production, Expert in IDPA SSP.  and Master in GSSF.  Front sight, Front sight, Front sight is really whats it's all about.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:42:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You need to start shooing IDPA and USPSA my friend.

Fine, you wanna help me get into it??  

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I can hit that piece of steel there at 150yds with my Glock 17 (Trijicon night sights and a trigger job).

That's not the "why" for wanting to try out a hunting .44mag rig.

I recall shooting a .44 mag some time ago, it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't pleasant.  I shot one of those 3.5" jobs with some kick ass loads....

Anyway, I was considering a hunting handgun to walk the property with, since I see a lot more deer when walking, then I do sitting...
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

Bomber

WHAT! com'on man you know im recently single, theres now way my head will fit into the jeep morning after newyears. YOUR MY RIDE! LOL
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#14]

WHAT! com'on man you know im recently single, theres now way my head will fit into the jeep morning after newyears. YOUR MY RIDE! LOL

Good chance I'll be going and toting your hungover ass down there . Shit, what am I talking about....who's gonna drive my hung over ass down there .

The sad thing is I won't have any new toys this year.

Udog...gimme a call when you get a chance, I want to invite you to my Christmas (can I still say that ) party.

Bomber

PS Shivan, you want me to bring my Dan Wesson 44 for you? I'll have my Tac also if you haven;t got one by then
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
PS Shivan, you want me to bring my Dan Wesson 44 for you? I'll have my Tac also if you haven;t got one by then

Yes, bring it down....I'll grab a box of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Good chance I'll be going and toting your hungover ass down there Good, the world is once agian in balance. Shit, what am I talking about....who's gonna drive my hung over ass down there Woden?.

Udog...gimme a call when you get a chance, I want to invite you to my Christmas (can I still say that ) party.Cool, +1 Okay?

Bomber

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Cool, +1 Okay?

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bring an unwrapped toy (nothing too expensive), we donate the toys to the woman's shelter. Last year I filled my pick-up inside and out . Made the Director cry .

Sat 12/17 any time after 7

Anyone else in VA game for coming?

Bomber

PS sorry for the hijack
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Cool, +1 Okay?

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bring an unwrapped toy (nothing too expensive), we donate the toys to the woman's shelter. Last year I filled my pick-up inside and out . Made the Director cry .

Sat 12/17 any time after 7

Anyone else in VA game for coming?

Bomber

PS sorry for the hijack

O.K , FYI I'll RSVP ASAP, BOYB? and FWIW T.Y.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#19]
BOYB?

No just the toy.

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Somehow I find that hard to believe.

With any luck I'll have my G36K (just waiting for my TN kit) done by then and/or my AKS-74.(if I can find some ammo for it.)

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somehow I find that hard to believe.

With any luck I'll have my G36K (just waiting for my TN kit) done by then and/or my AKS-74.(if I can find some ammo for it.)

Dont worry Dave, You know Bomber will have the Krink there this year.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:37:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Dont worry Dave, You know Bomber will have the Krink there this year

To bad the Form 1 won't be approved in time

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Bomber

Well, maybe if one of you NoVA guys gives madhatter a ride, and loans him a warm jacket, he'll bring his shorty krinks down.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

Well, maybe if one of you NoVA guys gives madhatter a ride, and loans him a warm jacket, he'll bring his shorty krinks down.

you know am riding with gotm4(just don't tell him yet)
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got a 5" Redhawk in .41 mag if you'd like to try it...looks nice now that it's finally back from Robar.  If GOTM4 is willing, he can drag it down there for you to try...as I will be out of town.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I've got a 5" Redhawk in .41 mag if you'd like to try it...looks nice now that it's finally back from Robar.  If GOTM4 is willing, he can drag it down there for you to try...as I will be out of town.

Thanks for the offer, but I am really interested in 44mag specifically...

Thanks again for the offer though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good chance I'll be going and toting your hungover ass down there Good, the world is once agian in balance. Shit, what am I talking about....who's gonna drive my hung over ass down there Woden?.

Udog...gimme a call when you get a chance, I want to invite you to my Christmas (can I still say that ) party.Cool, +1 Okay?

Bomber

I could be able to drive the hungover, pending spousal approval of course.
I have a cap on my truck, the ride shouldn't be too unpleasant...
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I think we're in....I have been shooting since last summer...so I really need an excuse to go.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think we're in....I haven't been shooting since last summer...so I really need an excuse to go.  

there we go
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think we're in....I haven't been shooting since last summer...so I really need an excuse to go.  

there we go

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

there we go

Yea yea...I know...it's sacralige right?  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

there we go

I thought Uncle LRT programed you better than that!

Now afplayboy18 has some splainin tuh do.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

there we go

I thought Uncle LRT programed you better than that!

Now afplayboy18 has some splainin tuh do.

Haha!!  Well, with all of our bills, debt, and the wedding to plan, we haven't had the opportunity to get out there often enough.  But hopefully we will get out to the NRA range before Hite Hollow.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
But hopefully we will get out to the NRA range before Hite Hollow.

oh we will...gotta sight in the AR so i can atleast not look like a noob in the shooting match
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:43:52 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Damn girl!  Definitely inexcusable.  How do you expect to dissipate all the stress of wedding planning without popping off a few rounds?  If you and afplayboy18 want to come down to a big outdoor range let me know.  It's in northern Stafford county, maybe 40 minutes from Alexandria.  It's a pretty good range, a bit muddy but it's getting better.  100 yard rifle, 25 yard pistol, skeet/trap, archery.  You get the idea.  Best part is, it's free!  If you have connections .  

LRT can come too, and if he's reading this, get your tail down here!  Me and Druffick still want to do some grillin' for you.  MJD
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn girl!  Definitely inexcusable.  How do you expect to dissipate all the stress of wedding planning without popping off a few rounds?  If you and afplayboy18 want to come down to a big outdoor range let me know.  It's in northern Stafford county, maybe 40 minutes from Alexandria.  It's a pretty good range, a bit muddy but it's getting better.  100 yard rifle, 25 yard pistol, skeet/trap, archery.  You get the idea.  Best part is, it's free!  If you have connections .  

LRT can come too, and if he's reading this, get your tail down here!  Me and Druffick still want to do some grillin' for you.  MJD

Well, it looks like we'll be making it out to the NRA range tomorrow morning.  

Afplayboy and I would love to go out to that range in Stafford sometime.  I'll talk to him about it.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#37]
If I can talk myself into not drinking myself stupid on the Eve I'll try to make it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#38]
DAMN!

Looks like I can't make the shoot.  Company staying in town longer than planned...

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Guys I found a box of 100rds of WWB .45 that I cant use.   I'll trade it for 223, or whatever else of similar value.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Guys I found a box of 100rds of WWB .45 that I cant use.   I'll trade it for 223, or whatever else of similar value.

Trade for a box of 9BLE +P+ 9mm?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trade for a box of 9BLE +P+ 9mm?

I dunno, is kosher to use it in a closed bolt gun?  I thought that was a nono.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Never heard that one Dave, pistols are "Locked breach" if you get down to it., Ive also got some LEO Winchester Rangers +P+.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Never heard that one Dave, pistols are "Locked breach" if you get down to it., Ive also got some LEO Winchester Rangers +P+.

Maybe someone else can chime in, but I heard (read, here) that it could   cause KB's in a closed bolt.  

BTW I was talking about using it in my 9mmAR that you made me build.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe someone else can chime in, but I heard (read, here) that it could   cause KB's in a closed bolt.  

BTW I was talking about using it in my 9mmAR that you made me build.

Guess I made you buy those Red pants as well,....

I ran +p+ out of my 9mm, 9mm AR is striaght blow back, No lock at all... Think about it, LEO and Gov. ran 9mm NATO out of thier Colt SMGs, and 9mm NATO is HOT.

Tell you what, your choice, Winny +p+ or Fed 9BPLE for your .45bygodACP and a grenola bar

ETA, the 9BPLE's are a more "Closed" hollow point if your AR has troubles with Hollowpoints
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#45]
AND A GRANOLA BAR!???!!!!

Hot damn you got yerself a deal!!

(I'll take the FED stuff)

and, by the way...it was Michael Jackson that made me buy the pants.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Good deal, See you there. And BTW you suck, I cant get the song "Thriller" out of my head now.

As long as were dealing anyone need a USGI TRW M14 barrel?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Udog,

Missed you Sat. night.

We still travelling down together?

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Udog,

Missed you Sat. night.

Bomber

Roger that bro, srry bout the no show, Call you first next week and work out the details, Going to be at IWL on monday with a [METT-Tmode]"Female type"[/METT-Tmode] new shooter if you wanna drop a few.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Udog,

Missed you Sat. night.

Bomber

Roger that bro, srry bout the no show, Call you first next week and work out the details, Going to be at IWL on monday with a [METT-Tmode]"Female type"[/METT-Tmode] new shooter if you wanna drop a few.

Mind if I caravan so I don't get lost?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:35:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Udog,

Missed you Sat. night.

Bomber

I'll be there (IWL) anyway. Bought the young one a Glock 19 for Christmas . We won't have time to shoot it Christmas Day so it looks like we'll be there Monday AM.

Bomber
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top