Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2021 8:02:03 PM EDT
i came across some .50 bmg rounds and i want to pull down a couple
does anyone have a puller? i'd rather not have to fabricate tooling to just break down a couple of rounds
i'm in the madison area. thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#1]
How many rounds, and what kind of damage can you tolerate? I have a collet puller, but it usually leaves marks on the side of the projectile.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many rounds, and what kind of damage can you tolerate? I have a collet puller, but it usually leaves marks on the side of the projectile.
View Quote
i'd probably only pull 3 or 4
small marks are probably ok. just for decoration in the man cave
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Are the rounds anything special? If there's no sentimental value, it might be simpler to load up some dummy rounds and trade them for your live rounds.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got some 20m/m rounds I was always planning on turning into inert models for decoration.  The target rounds should be no problem, but I've got some HEI rounds I'm a little nervous about dismantling.  I know the fuzes in those screw out, but I'm still questioning the wisdom of those plans.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are the rounds anything special? If there's no sentimental value, it might be simpler to load up some dummy rounds and trade them for your live rounds
View Quote
they are not
was actually thinking about just making bottle openers
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:19:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got some 20m/m rounds I was always planning on turning into inert models for decoration.  The target rounds should be no problem, but I've got some HEI rounds I'm a little nervous about dismantling.  I know the fuzes in those screw out, but I'm still questioning the wisdom of those plans.
View Quote

I have empty 20mm cases and projectiles if you would want to trade for the loaded ones
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I just saw  someone selling .50 bmg projectiles ... I think it was in a WI only gun sales group on MeWe,  seller is in Oak Creek, projectiles only for 50¢ ea.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just saw  someone selling .50 bmg projectiles ... I think it was in a WI only gun sales group on MeWe,  seller is in Oak Creek, projectiles only for 50¢ ea.
View Quote

API, so non-mailable.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sheesh, they've gone up in price.  I really should bring a few ammo cans of projos back from SAR this year.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
they are not
was actually thinking about just making bottle openers
View Quote

@upjeeper

I've got a NIW bottle opener here.  Not sure where you're located, but I'll trade you this bottle opener for a round and am happy to buy the rest.

I'm in SE WI.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks all
a HTF acquaintance picked them up last weekend
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top