Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
what I know the pistol is  a Walther Olympia 1936 Schnellfeuer(rapid fire) with an O suffix serial number it has multiple nitro proofs on the barrel. slide & frame.

RIA auction to similiar pistol

Note the lack of the O suffix on that guns serial number

in WALTHER A GERMAN LEGEND

HE SAYS ONLY 35   Schnellfeuer pistols  WERE MADE DURING THE WAR & THAT THE o SUFFIX WAS PUT ON THE PISTOLS SENT TO Nuremberg FOR THE 1936 OLYMPICS where the german team won the event.

i CAN FIND NO OTHER SOURCE BUT OLYMPIA'S WITH AN o PREFIX ARE COMMON. IN 22LR

WHAT DO I HAVE HERE?

what other marks should I be looking for?

thank you
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure of the age, but it's probably a pre WWII Olympia target pistol. I think that model was used in the Olympics. I have a post war Walther Hammerli, same gun with some added weights.

Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#4]
P08 I knew you would know I used to have a similar Hammerelli.

what other wartime or pre war marks should I be looking for?

the 36 Olympics was the reintroduction of the 50meter free pistol event but rapid fiire and prone rifle were also fire arm events

Cornelius van Oyen won the only german firearm event gold metal it was in radidfire pistol.

which according to Walther a German legend the german competitors used the olympia in 22 short.

this is a model 1936 olympia not a model 1925.   P08 how can I prove this pistol is prewar? or post war?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:25:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok the 2nd pic down shows two Eagle N proofs. If you reference Rankin Walther Volume III page 60 it denotes yours as a model 1936.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:37:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok the 2nd pic down shows two Eagle N proofs. If you reference Rankin Walther Volume III page 60 it denotes yours as a model 1936.
View Quote
great to know

any knowledge about the O suffix?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:41:49 AM EDT
[#7]
cut & pasted from W@ther Forum

The 1936 Olympia was a break through design in modern target pistols, the first semi auto with an internal hammer, it is the basic Walther PP design, modified for the internal hammer.

German shooters took gold medals and the first five places in the events were they used the Olympia Pistole.

The Fünfkampf models had detachable weights that could be slid inside the rail under the barrel for best individual balance. Cal. 22 l.r. and .22 short conversion, 7.4 inch barrel

Standard model came without the weights.

Rapid fire model in .22 short only

Modell 184J, Jägerschaftspistole, 4 inch barrel

Schnellfeuer (Rapid-fire) Modell #?, Cal.22 Kurz (Short), 7.4” barrel, aluminum-alloy slide, with tapped holes and weights as in the Sport Model.
Füenkampf (Pentathlon: pistol shooting, epée fencing, swimming, show-jumping & cross country) Modell #?, Cal.22 L.R.,9 ½” barrel with optional threaded muzzle for suppressor. Grooved and tapped holes for barrel & frame weights. A loaded chamber indicator.

Sport Modell with 7.4 inch barrel and weights  
View Quote
my pistol is not tapped anywhere the weight slides on to an under barrel rail track
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Go look on Simpsons Ltd web site for these guns. He shows serial numbers and apparently knows the production dates by serial number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top