Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I always thought the Ubertis had the two-position base pin safety and the Piettas had the trigger safety?
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
email reply from cimarron-

It was made prior to 2011 and is probably a Uberti.  If you look on the bottom side of the barrel next to the ejector rod housing there should be a maker's mark or stamping in the barrel.

Enjoy your new revolver!
Greg Slaughter

I’ll have to look when I grt home
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The manufacturer name is usually on the top or bottom of the barrel, yours is likely a Uberti. Uberti's are imported by Stoeger.

As far as the manufacture date, look for box stamped in the receiver/frame with a two letter code. Normally the box is on the underside of the frame, but I've also seen it on the right side of the frame. I borrowed this picture as an example, notice the CA stamped right above the serial number:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/308Scout/Single%20Actions/Uberti%20date%20code_zpszewdzg9o.jpg

..this revolver was made in 2006.

The sights are skinny. That's a Model P, a black powder frame, and true to the originals, it has the small sights. Mine was the same way, so I had a machinist open the rear groove to .125" and I installed a thick front sight.
View Quote
It doesn't have a 2 letter code, but it has a tiny uberti logo stamped on the front of the frame near the cylinder pin hole.

Ordered hornady dies, Dillon 550 conversion, some Bayou 200gr, and 250gr bullets.

The dies arrived yesterday, got 100 cases resized, capped, flared. ( on the single stage, waiting on the 550 conversion)
bullets should be here tomorrow

might get time to shoot it Friday

Link Posted: 3/18/2018 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
posted a thread in the reloading forum about 45LC loads.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/45LC-pet-loads-/42-487535/?r=-1&page=1&anc=4931170#i4931170

200grRNFP, 250RNFP bayou bullets, and MBC 255SWC

Link Posted: 3/18/2018 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/18/2018 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet.  You're all ready now for sure.

That's a great looking sixgun.  Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
switched the with evening shift guy to go out and shoot today

got the Chrony setup

CLICK  . .. no bang

Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]
That sucks. Either replace the firing pin or the hammer.

Did it break at the range?

ETA- If you have a drill press and a good file, it'd be pretty easy to make a firing pin.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#9]
got all the way out there and setup

pulled the trigger the first time, and CLICK

DAMMIT TO HELL !

called Taylors & company and got a $7.75 firing pin on the way

he said he had some of the older type ...pre-lawyer parts

website ...older cattleman...showed regular and “ pinched frame”

didn’t know which was correct, figured for $7.75 i’d get both

when i called he said the pinched were backordered

what’s a pinched frame ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Pinch frame refers to the narrow V sight like yours has. Check with VTI Gun Parts and Numrich. Ive owned lots of Uberti's and didn't know there was a difference in firing pins. They all look identical to me.

ETA- VTI shows only one currently produced firing pin.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#11]
hopefully what Taylors sends will fit

this is what mine looks like...Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just about everything? Shape/feel of the trigger, trigger pull, cocking feel, size/weight (even the New Vaquero), loading gate/cylinder rotation. I know that they’re more durable, they just don’t FEEL right, to me.
View Quote
I have an original vaquero in 45 colt and i didnt like the feel after a while and changed the grips and love it now. It has been 15 years and i dont remember what cocking felt like when i first got it but it is super smooth and easy now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 12:51:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry to hear about the FP breakage.  Maybe it's time to invest again?   I don't recall if it covered the Italian SAAs.  But, the general principal should be close enough.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1014291126/the-colt-single-action-revolvers-a-shop-manual-volumes-1-and-2-book-by-jerry-kuhnhausen

Cut and paste if not hot.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....STORY TIME.....
I had the retaining pin fail on a FP. Yup.....on the Italian.  I used a bench block, hammer and punch to get the broken retaining pin out.  Made sure to clean/clear the hole in the hammer, lined up the FP and replaced with a new retaining pin.  I can't recall if there was a spring in there.  Anyway, watch for excessive side length of the new retaining pin and be careful staking it in place.

But......YOU have a FP problem.  Why tell the story?

Ok, Ok, ok.....IMHO, you might want to buy a new retaining pin while you're doing the firing pin.

I had another problem with the Italian SAA.  But, I guess that story can wait.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 1:46:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I ordered the pin that retains the F P also

I have Kuhnhausen's books for 1911's and S&W also

Doubt I'll need it for this
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#15]
waiting on the mail man now.

Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#16]
New firing pin arrived today.

It's too short

This #%$&#%$ing thing is giving me new appreciation for it's replacement, the beloved trusty 1911

Link Posted: 3/30/2018 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I called VTI gun parts, in CT.

She said older guns had a slightly longer firing pin that they have in stock

She said a gen1 or 2 Colt SSA would work also

Just got an email with a tracking number.
Cool.

Those folks seem to know what's going on.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#18]
new VTI firing pin works

Attachment Attached File

blued the hammer, and stained & linseed oiled the grips

Attachment Attached File

needs a few more coats rubbed in

——-
sight is definitely filed down, replacement is taller

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats on getting her shooting.

Looks great!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top