Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2020 12:54:33 AM EDT
I think I am going to get a 3" kimber to carry. This gun is a precuios few oz ligter than the SP101 3" I carry now on hotter days, plus is a 6 shot, and basically same size.  And, I can compete in IDPA SSR & some ICORE & divisions with it. I could even shoot USPSA though not be competitive at all w/ a 6 shot w/ speedloaders.  I had been thinking about a 9mm but moons are banned in SSR.  Really wanting to do some shooting of the gun I actually carry, I know the gun is light to be competitive, but I just want to do some shooting.  So, I just need to find speed loaders both to carry and to shoot with.  Per this, K6 uses same as colt detective:

https://www.5starfirearms.com/D6-357-38-Accessories-s/138.htm

But are there any type that shoot the cartridges in when a center post is hit?  

Thank you for the help.e
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the Safariland Comp series for the S&W K frame will work on the K6. The II & III will both spring the rounds into the chambers for you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By F224:
I think the Safariland Comp series for the S&W K frame will work on the K6. The II & III will both spring the rounds into the chambers for you.
View Quote

can anyone else confirm?  I know that the K frame cylinder is different size.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't speak to the Kimberley, but I used to use k frame speed loaders with my old colt agent.  When traveling to more restrictive states I would carry a 19 2.5" with the agent as my bug.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
colt agent is same size cylinder as detective?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CTomas:
colt agent is same size cylinder as detective?
View Quote

Yes.  The original agent and cobra were aluminum framed detective specials.

If you are buying new go with the det spec (he's brand model dsl uric. If you have k frame loaders or find them cheap use them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#6]
looking at the kimber to buy.  it is very close to old detectives in cylinder is all I know.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top