Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2022 2:03:44 PM EDT
what brand if any does anyone use for adj. sites in there weapon?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I use in this order:

1. Nylon Drift
2. Aluminum Drift
3. Brass Drift
4. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B3NU0U2
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Fisher Solutions.  It is the XL with all the extra blocks.  HERE

It takes a little learning and set ­up but works great.  I have done glocks, xd, M&P, 92, ETC.  Both full size and compact guns.  I have def gotten my money out of it.  I keep it and all the parts neatly labeled ­in a fishing tackle container.

I use business cards and blue tape to­ protect surfaces from marring.  If you haven't done them, M&P sights are insanely tight and difficult to ­get off and this things works like a charm.  You really do need a vice to hold the unit ­though.  You could do without but a vice makes it ea­sier.

I hate using punches, especially on really tight sights.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Years ago I purchased a B&J Machine sight tool from Brownells, they don't seem to carry it anymore, here's a link to the company. Sight tool

It shines as a universal tool, I've used it on everything from a 1911 to a Shiloh Sharps.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a like new MGW Sight Pro on the ee.

Mainly because my lgs screwed the pooch changing the adjustable sights on my HK USP to adjustable night sights. When I picked it up they were canted. I used it to install another fresh rear sight because there was not enough material left to correct their not keeping the base flat while filing on it.

Removal and re-install went smooth. I have since changed all of my pistols that needed night sights. I have yet to have an issue with any HK’s or Glocks because I have the correct shoes. The only filing that aI have done so far is to break the edge to make things slide in the dovetail easier.

I loan it to friends that wish to save money by doing their own change outs. In return they order the shoe for their handgun as payment.  Everyone that has used it has been successful. The instructions are very easy to follow.

The nicest things is that minuscule adjustments are quite easy. Fine tuning at the range takes minutes.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Not wanting to spend a lot on a pusher I decided upon the Gen-4 Sight-Tool to push the stubborn front sight on my sig p365 that laughed at the punches I tried throwing at it.  Easy to use, built like a tank and it laughed at the p365 attempt to retain the its sight.  In all seriousness that sight was really wedged in the dove tail really tight as if there was no fitting on the original install.  Think I paid $60 for it.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#6]
MGW sight pro universal tool.

Is it over kill? depends on how tight the sights are on but it makes easy work of the process regardless.

i let friends borrow mine as needed so it gets some use.

Buy extra shoes for the common firearms and you're set.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not wanting to spend a lot on a pusher I decided upon the Gen-4 Sight-Tool to push the stubborn front sight on my sig p365 that laughed at the punches I tried throwing at it.  Easy to use, built like a tank and it laughed at the p365 attempt to retain the its sight.  In all seriousness that sight was really wedged in the dove tail really tight as if there was no fitting on the original install.  Think I paid $60 for it.
https://i.imgur.com/UkuCggdm.jpg
View Quote

Yes, the Gen-4 Sight-Tool has served me well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up an NcStar Vism from Amazon.  Works fine.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a MGW universal tool that works pretty well.

But honestly I just use vise blocks and a brass, delrin, or aluminum punches  more often
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, inexpensive and works great compared to my old sight pusher.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:52:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Another +1 for this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Years ago I purchased a B&J Machine sight tool from Brownells, they don't seem to carry it anymore, here's a link to the company. Sight tool

It shines as a universal tool, I've used it on everything from a 1911 to a Shiloh Sharps.
View Quote

I have one of these.  It definitely works.  Take sone fiddling to get it set up.

These days I mostly use a Delrin/Aluminum/Brass punch and a hammer, but I’m comfortable fitting my sights with a file or Diamond hone.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I picked up an NcStar Vism from Amazon.  Works fine.
View Quote

I bought this on sale for $35 and was amazed at how well it worked. Good luck finding one at that price.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought a Vism sight pusher and have changed the sights out on 5 Glocks, a CZ and few Sigs.  It works perfectly and so easy to use!
" />
" />
" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#15]
just bought myself a wheeler sight pusher tool, and a MidTen green laser bore sighter.  i can get close and then shoot it and then make final adjustments at the range.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
MGW sight pro universal tool.

Is it over kill? depends on how tight the sights are on but it makes easy work of the process regardless.

i let friends borrow mine as needed so it gets some use.

Buy extra shoes for the common firearms and you're set.
View Quote

Another vote for this one. If you only have one or two guns, the cheap ones will work, but if you plan on using it more than just a few times, the sight pro is worth it.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Hammers, punches, vice, and experience.
Yes, even when a paid pro working on guns.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
just bought myself a wheeler sight pusher tool, and a MidTen green laser bore sighter.  i can get close and then shoot it and then make final adjustments at the range.
View Quote

The Wheeler is very good for the money.   I had no problems even on M&P front sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top