Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2021 4:58:39 PM EDT
I like to pocket carry a Glock G42 and a secondary mag in my other pocket.
I noticed today that some rounds had setback bullets.
Think this is from being in my pocket, or did I chamber these and re-mag them without noticing?

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
If pocket carry sets a bullet back I would change to a different manufacturer. ...
Looks like a few chamberings might have happened there....
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
^
That’s what I figured.
I often clear my gun and then re-chamber.
Usually I shoot them off frequently, but it’s been a while in this case.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
We just discussed bullet set back a little farther down the line on page one.
I'm one of the extreme guys that load hollow points one time then they go into my range box for feeding and accuracy tests on new guns when I aquire them....that type of setback could definitely cause a FTF or over pressure issue.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
^
D’oh!... I tried searching, too.
??

One of the comments mentioned rotating rounds in the mag so they don’t get chambered over and over.
This is what I do (with two mags even), I think the problem is that I haven’t shot it in a while.
I used to go multiple times per month... it’s been at least a year!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
You can do that also, get a permanent black marker and mark the headstamp with a line so you can keep up with what's what....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top