Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2020 12:42:49 PM EDT
Safariland ALS holster, rds, w/light, cut for a glock34.  Takes a 19 w/light and rds ok, but lots of rattle.  Anyone vend replacement holster barrel plugs?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I couldn’t get Safariland to send me a few. To my police department!  

I just bought some moldable plastic and molded an extension onto the plug piece for our one officer using the 32.

For my holster I just took a hacksaw and cut the bottom off and used the moldable plastic to make a new bottom.

Holster cut down for 31 with tlr-7a

Here’s the plug. I cut mine and molded it on top of hers.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Those would be a great 3d printer project for someone who does that kind of thing.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those would be a great 3d printer project for someone who does that kind of thing.
View Quote

That's a great idea.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd part with some money for a set of plugs.  Want to make some real money?  Fabricate a base that takes a twist-lock hood piece, but you'd have to Fabricate a 4way bite tool that would mate to the hood piece to twist/remove the hood piece as that would be the variable height item.  That's a msrp $80 kit all day.  
You know it has to be able to handle heat, right?
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought that Safariland for my G17 gen 4 that had a Glock OEM threaded barrel.

That is when I discovered the problem with that holster.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting. I've got a 6390RDS for my G17/RMR/X300U, and since it has a TB I removed the plug. But, if I put the plug back and replace the TLR-7 on my G19 with a TLR-1, it'll retain that too with no issues.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought that Safariland for my G17 gen 4 that had a Glock OEM threaded barrel.

That is when I discovered the problem with that holster.
View Quote
Going longer isn't a problem, just cut the block down until the fit is what you want. I did it for a g17.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top