Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2018 3:29:50 PM EDT
my reloads are lighter than factory. i enjoy the softer recoil. however, my RO champion cant cycle them reliably

Can i replace the recoil spring to get it to cycle the loads? if so where can i get a lighter spring?
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, most likely worth a shot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#2]
try wolff gunsprings
they sell all kinds of lbs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
10-12# should be about right.  Some go lighter than that.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Wolff-19112011-Recoil-Springs-P3487.aspx
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought from Brownells;

I settled on 10, But I found the 8 was not too light either.
By the time it's over come the hammer spring there not too much left of the recoil.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Out of curiosity, what kind of malfunctions did you experience, and did a lighter recoil spring solve the issues?

If so, what weight did you settle on?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
You may also want to check the mainspring.   Springfield routinely ships their guns these days with a heavy mainspring.  With light 9mm loads, it can be difficult to get a gun to cycle reliably even with a very light recoil spring.   I would replace the mainspring with a 19 or 17 pound spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top