Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2018 5:24:42 PM EDT
so it looks like I'll finally get to live out my James Bond dreams a decade after I got my first pistol, a P99. I'll be ordering a SiCo Omega 45 since I plan on using it on multiple hosts, but wondering who (if anyone) makes a decent threaded barrel for my old gun.

It's no longer carried or serves HD because so many triggers are so much better. Mine is the QA I think and it's pretty heavy compared to my new M&P and 1911s. so I don't want to spend a huge fortune, but it seems like it needs a can.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Just buy a PPQ threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#3]
http://www.carlwalther.com/p99acc.htm
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#4]
https://shop.waltherarms.com/ppq-m2-46-threaded-barrel-polygon-9mm-kit
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.carlwalther.com/p99acc.htm
View Quote
That's crazy pants! $400 for the barrel means it's not happening in my book :(
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://shop.waltherarms.com/ppq-m2-46-threaded-barrel-polygon-9mm-kit
View Quote
I didn't see anything about it working with a p99 on there. or is it just a known thing that they interchange?
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I can tell you from personal experience they'll interchange.

It's probably not a widely known thing, but they do work.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#8]
latest Gen. Walther P99AS is compatible with the PPQ threaded barrel kit. Can confirm through experience and by also asking my Walther contact directly.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup.

That's with a PPQ barrel and it's a great suppressor host.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yup.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22779/93054.JPG

That's with a PPQ barrel and it's a great suppressor host.
View Quote
what about a gen 2 P99? I think that's what mine is, it's older.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a substantial redesign of the PPQ after prefix FAC.  The new guns will not work older barrels but I am not certain if the new barrels will work with the old guns.

Call customer service and confirm before placing an order. If you do order I will make sure that you don’t buy the newer Polygonal Rifled barrel.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Customer Service will point blank tell you a PPQ barrel will not work in a P99, no matter which vintage of P99, no matter which vintage of PPQ. I know; I called and asked before I bought mine

My P99 is BE datecoded, FAX serial prefix; my PPQ threaded barrel is BG datecoded.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There was a substantial redesign of the PPQ after prefix FAC.  The new guns will not work older barrels but I am not certain if the new barrels will work with the old guns.

Call customer service and confirm before placing an order. If you do order I will make sure that you don’t buy the newer Polygonal Rifled barrel.
View Quote
What was redesigned? Hadn’t heard this.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#14]
The P99 never received the updates that the PPQ did. So the prefix of the P99 does not matter in this context.

If you look at the ejection port cut on the left side of the newer guns they no longer have any right angles to prevent cracks from forming at high round counts. They also radiused a couple internal angles so the locking block on the barrel was changed as well as some parts in the frame to accommodate the update. During the change they also started using polygonal rifling and I believe they added a stepped chamber as well(this might have happened prior).

You can easily see this in photos. Look directly above where PPQ is marked on the slide.

Older style:

Newer style:

The photos show an M1 and M2 respectively but the update is not dependent upon the type.  Both received the update and there are M1 and M2 pistols of both varieties out there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#15]
anyone know if there is a similar option for the P99c? Does Walther make a threaded barrel for the PPQ subcompact that interchanges?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 11:34:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
anyone know if there is a similar option for the P99c? Does Walther make a threaded barrel for the PPQ subcompact that interchanges?
View Quote
Nope Jarvis is the only P99c threaded barrel source that I know of...I've been meaning to get one but I just don't shoot it enough to justify spending money on it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nope Jarvis is the only P99c threaded barrel source that I know of...I've been meaning to get one but I just don't shoot it enough to justify spending money on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The P99 full size barrel works fine in the P99C, I have tried it. If you could find one cheap you could have it threaded. I have actually run my P99C with the Jarvis full lenght threaded barrel it's just long.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Really?? Huh! I might do that
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Actually I looked up the specs for 1/2 x 28 threads and the P99 full size may be a little short to thread for a P99C.  The P99 full size barrel is .5" longer than the compact but AAC says you need around .56".  The 3.5" compact barrel does extend a little past the slide so the extra .5" may be enough.

AAC 1/2 x 28 Thread Specs

It may require a long piston if the threads are too close to the slide/recoil spring.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, I can tell you that a PPQ threaded barrel comes out .700 extended from the normal barrel (or at least out the front of the slide), so I'd aim for that at least...

I have a PPS M1 barrel that I've been sort of considering sending out to get extended and threaded, just cause a PPS with a short can like an Omega9k or something should be pretty nifty
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Jarvis here.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#22]
My P99 was my first host, and at the time Jarvis was the only outfit making 1/2x28 threaded barrels. There was no PPQ/M2/etc. IIRC it cost me $285 with thread protector. In hindsight I probably wouldn’t spend that much again but I really wanted to run it suppressed.

Link Posted: 7/2/2019 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
@Tirador223 how do you like it?
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My P99 was my first host, and at the time Jarvis was the only outfit making 1/2x28 threaded barrels. There was no PPQ/M2/etc. IIRC it cost me $285 with thread protector. In hindsight I probably wouldn’t spend that much again but I really wanted to run it suppressed.

https://i.imgur.com/mCxcEko.jpg
View Quote
@Marcus99 looks good, but you wouldn't do it again? my p99 was my first gun, and obviously the Bond angle appeals to me, but $300 for a barrel is nuts when I can get a modern 9mm with threaded barrel for not much more :/
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@Tirador223 how do you like it?
View Quote
It is great.  Not my first Jarvis purchase, but every one is a high-quality product in my experience.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@Marcus99 looks good, but you wouldn't do it again? my p99 was my first gun, and obviously the Bond angle appeals to me, but $300 for a barrel is nuts when I can get a modern 9mm with threaded barrel for not much more :/
View Quote
I’m similar in that I love the first gen P99s, but no I probably wouldn’t do it again. $285 is a lot to spend on a threaded barrel for a pistol IMO and the P99 suppressed isn’t any better than a Glock where barrels can be had for half that. It does look badass suppressed though. And jarvis is nice quality.

I’ve since swapped the barrel to my black late first gen P99

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top