Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2021 4:08:02 PM EDT
Im from Missouri and have been looking for a handgun or two. Preferably a glock, but they're no where to be found here really. as well as ammo from what Ive been told. Can anyone point me in the right direction if in Missouri?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of the state?  

Things were still somewhat in stock last week in the SW part of the state.  Planning to swing by the LGS tonight.  I'll report back.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]
im in Independence, KCMO area. its very populated out here, could be why idk. Where is the place youre going? Probably worth the drive
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#3]
When I lived there, I used to frequent Arms Mart. I'm surprised that they wouldn't have anything. Even during the rush during Obama's first election, they were still able to get ammo and had a decent selection of guns. If all else fails, what about ordering online and having one of the shops receive it for you?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I live within 20 minutes of Graf's Reloading and within 60 minutes of MidwayUSA, 2 Academy Sport's, 2 Bass Pro's, and a Cabelas and none of them have much of anything as far as hand guns. Bass Pro has some but forget about finding any Glocks. And none of them have ammo or reloading supplies. It's not much better at teh small gun shops either.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Frontier Justice doesn't have anything?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Look at EE. Lots of glocks. I just sold 2
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#8]
what is EE?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#9]
exactly my point. nothing really anywhere
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#10]
My favorite places:

Hobbytime Firearms, Bolivar.  They take orders online or over the phone, and their inventory is up to date on their website they have an armslist page that has most of their stuff but it gets busy and they dont update armslist like their website.  They also ensure if your buying a firearm they get you a box or two of ammo.  Havent seen a single gouging price here, in fact charlie keeps all his stock well below msrp.  Even in pandemics.  Great place 5 stars

Elite Arms Co, Springfield.  I don't know how they do it, but these guys always have hard to find stuff.  Ammo, AKs, Sharps rifles, ARs.  They are a small shop but somehow always have what im looking for.  Their pricing fluctuates more than above so 4.5/5 stars

Gun Supply Outlet.  Hard to find small shop, only open a couple days a week, but if you want great pricing these are your guys.  They predominantly have AR parts, do installs, etc.  They get their own billet uppers/lowers made (Salus Arms) and usually have some ammo (been thin lately). Mark does everything he can to pass on savings.  4.5/5 (5/5 pricing and good people, but not always as stocked as one would hope)

Eagle Armory, Springfield.  Great shop, lots of eye candy, usually gets ammo in regularly.  Guy who runs it started gunlistings.org (sold it to fund the shop).  They have a wide selection and a pretty big store.  They update their Facebook regularly with things coming in.  Worth a look.  Price is a bit higher than i like during a pandemic or anytime really, but sometimes if your needing something price is secondary.  4/5 stars
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Excellent help, brother. i will forsure check all these out!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what is EE?
View Quote

Equipment exchange on this site
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:09:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Go to gt distributors since you are close to it. It’s in Overland Park. They have used glocks and will transfer to a shop on the Missouri side. There were a couple glocks last time I was at frontier justice in Lee’s summit as well. Been about two weeks though so no idea now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#15]
My local stores pretty much have something on the shelves from the major manufacturers.

For example, want a Phoenix Redback? Theres like 10 in the case to pick from. CZ Shadow 2? Black and blue or FDE? Shadow System MR920? Elite or Combat. Glocks, Sigs, XD’s, Canik’s, M&P’s, Stacatto’s are on the shelves as well depending on what model you’re looking for.

One of the perks of being in a fudd state that nobody visits.

Ammo however, is non existent.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#16]
That's just not true. Check out Bear Arms in El Dorado Springs, MO.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Try:

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/shop.php?cPath=132&sort=4a&page=1

They have Police trade in 21s and 17s

Steve
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#18]
If you cant find it build it. Get a serialized p80 shipped to your ffl and have fun building and getting a better understanding. Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Frontier Justice doesn't have anything?
View Quote

I was in the Frontier Justice at the Legends (I understand OP is in Missouri....) on New Year's Day.  Display cases were mostly empty, save for maybe one gun in this one, one gun in that one.  And a KSG.  The Glock case was (WAS) sort of full.  Custom 43x jobs (5 or 6), 2 19x, one with a matching TLR7A.  A couple other something somethings. Nothing else really.  I bought the 19x with the light and the FDE/black slide combo.  Left the robin's egg blue, LOL.  Buddy bought the KSG.  Unless you stop in (or call) on the day a particular store gets stock, you are basically out of luck. I should stop back by, just to see.  And pick up some more 19x mags.

I was in the day before New Years. Couple guys standing in front of the Glock case. One of them was on the phone telling a buddy, "I don't know man, they got it. You better get down here fast!!! Dude, I'm telling you. You better......."  Not sure which one, or if the buddy showed up. Felt kinda bad the next day buying 2, but my friend that bought the KSG told me I may not get the chance any time soon.  Shield Arms mags showed up the other day for the 43x.  Yay!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Went back today.  Couple G26 and 2 or 3 custom 43x.  Not much else.  Tan KSG, but I left it there, LOL.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll second Hobbytime in Bolivar, and you just should also hit Loftis in Springfield.

Ain't no shortage. I've bought many in the last few months.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I stopped by the Academy Sports in Columbia two days ago and I was very disappointed. They had maybe 5-6 long guns out in the rack and that was it. There were ZERO hand guns in the display cases.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I was at the lees summit store a week ago to use the range.  The rifle racks were empty.  They had a few hand guns.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Frontier Justice has had handguns in the whole month from what I can tell.  Long guns, not so much.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Bakers Armory in Warrensburg and Osage Gun and Pawn in Sedalia both have Glocks in stock depending on what you are looking for.  Bakers and a couple FDE 19's and a 19x as well as some 43x's, Osage had a 19.5, 43, 22 and a couple others in stock.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#26]
You may have to travel out to more rural areas. I'm down near West Plains. A couple local Pawn Shops have some Glock 21s available. May not be what you're looking for though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Check out Mikes guns had a Glock 43. And ultimate defense has a few on the wall.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Kevin’s guns in st charles had some glocks
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:20:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Also check out www.summitgunbroker.com

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Larry has a few Glocks in Columbia, Missouri at Modern Arms.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Drive to Warrensburg, MO.  My local dealer, Baker's Armory, is getting a decent supply of firearms weekly, and bunches of Glocks although they are a bit
more spotty in appearance.  He is well stocked right now.

He is in the mall behind the local Dairy Queen, just off Highway 50 on the south side of the highway.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Plenty of guns in the Joplin area. What you want, probably isn't.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I have bids on Glocks at Liberty tree guns in Carthage (bids on GB)
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Just in case you are looking. Only a couple left.
Mail order.

https://dkfirearms.com/?s=glock+19&post_type=product
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top