Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/9/2020 10:05:25 PM EDT
i'm at the local range today, brushing up on my Glock 17 skills. After my 15th mag, i just could not continue firing it...
Every single spent casing would ether bounce off my head or I would take it in the face...i also made the mistake of wearing a fleece...so after they rolled off my head, i would find them stuck and melted into my fleece!

I love my Glock, the consistency of the trigger, the ease of operation.....but!! ! just cant take the hot brass to the face/head anymore.

Can anyone recommend a replacement that is equal to the glock? Striker fired, consistency of the trigger, the ease of operation...but different ejection pattern?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Gen 5 ejector and non LCI loaded bearing for the extractor is what you seek. Fix what you have and keep trucking.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried changing the ejector...before jumping ship altogether?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gen 5 ejector and non LCI loaded bearing for the extractor is what you seek. Fix what you have and keep trucking.
View Quote
Well, I will defiantly look into this....Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Gen 3 > any other
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
19x ejector is what you seek. It's a 2 minute swap and helped immensely with the inconsistent and weak ejection of my gen 4 Roland.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well, I will defiantly look into this....Thanks!
View Quote
Glock part #'s 1176 and 47208

You will use your current ejector housing with just the metal ejector transferred into it.

Midwest gunworks was the best shipped price that I found but YMMV.(no affiliation with them)
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:06:23 PM EDT
[#7]
If the bandaids don't fix the issue, try an HK VP9.  I have a couple glocks but really like the VP9.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Sig P320 X Carry is calling your name.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:15:46 AM EDT
[#9]
This solved my ejection woes.

Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If the bandaids don't fix the issue, try an HK VP9.  I have a couple glocks but really like the VP9.
View Quote
I’m the kind of guy who enjoys fixing issues...although I’d rather have none to begin with. I’d take the suggestions given from the a Glock guys here and see if you can get it right.

The VP9 is a great option though. Great out of the box trigger and some of the best ergonomics you’ll find. All with HK reliability and durability. As another plus, all new VP9s are coming optics ready and with 17 round magazines(a +2 bonus over the older 15 rounders).

I’ve also been pretty impressed with the Sig X5 full size.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Hi OP- I’ll never ditch my Glocks, but another many, many rounds today through a full size M&P 2.0 and I remain convinced they are one of the best values for the money to be had right now.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:58:49 AM EDT
[#12]
My dept. had that problem with a few new Gen4 22's. We changed out the recoil springs and it fixed the problem.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gen 3 > any other
View Quote
If that were true, there wouldn't be a Gen 4 and now a Gen 5.

BTF happened with Gen 3's, too, by the way.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Skip the striker fired pistols and move on up to a STI Staccato P!
https://stiguns.com/2020-product-lineup/staccato-p/

Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#15]
OP I have 2 of the housings with the ejector pictured in Mr. Freefall's reply in my spares. I'd be happy to send you one if you'd like to give it a shot. They are the gen 4 parts. IM me if you want one.

ETA, I just got a Canik tp9sf elite, it's pretty sweet, and I'd buy another.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:43:00 AM EDT
[#16]
This is the standard change I make to all of my Glocks when I get them. Non-LCI SLB. Apex FRE extractor, 30274 ejector. This will give you consistent extraction and ejection. The problem as it has been explained to be by a Glock rep is tolerance stacking. As the gun heats up or wear occurs it changes the tolerance of the gun enough to cause weak or erratic ejection. I had an early gen 4 Glock that this happened to regularly. After two trips to Glock, (lucky for me they are right down the road ) I finally got an armorer who cared enough to really solve the problem. He fired 100 rounds rapid fire and by the end the ejection was all over the place. He basically told me that the only option short of replacing the slide was to swap parts until I got the proper tolerances for it to function as it should. The parts above fixed my issues across the board. I no longer buy Gen 4 Glocks, I stick to Gen 3s or really the Gen 5 is where it's at.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#17]
My 19.4 had terrible ejection and didn't have to be hot.  Traded it on 19X and problem solved.  Bought the 45 as well, no ejection issues.  I will say the 5's fixed the ejection (at least on my two) but my Smith M2.0 has a better ejection pattern than both.  The cases all seem to land in the same spot. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#18]
good indication of needing a 10 dollar replacement recoil spring

where brass lands is the easiest way to gauge when your weapon needs to be serviced
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I no longer buy Gen 4 Glocks, I stick to Gen 3s or really the Gen 5 is where it's at.
View Quote
The myth that won't die. Erratic ejection and BTF aren't exclusive to Gen 4's. One of the worst guns I ever had was a Gen 3 19.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The myth that won't die. Erratic ejection and BTF aren't exclusive to Gen 4's. One of the worst guns I ever had was a Gen 3 19.
View Quote
Yeah my gen3 19 and 17 both smacked me with brass every now and then. My gen4 G19 was perfect. The 30274 ejector fixed the btf issues with my gen3’s however.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#21]
HK VP9 is what you seek.  It's what a Glock wishes it would be.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#22]
An ejector is a bandaid. The problem is that the extractor isn’t holding on to the case, which you can confirm by shooting with no magazine in the pistol.  The advice to try the new ejector along with the Apex extractor and non-LCI bearing is right.

And this has plagued Glocks forever. Maybe it’s fixed in Gen5, but 1-4 are prone to it. As for substitutes, there’s the M&P or the 320. Nothing else is as proven or has the support.  I would try to fix what you have. If you can’t, sell it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I was tired of BTF and erratic Glock 19 ejection also.

I found a 100% solution for my Glock 19

I bought a Smith & Wesson 2.0 Compact 9mm

Perfect ejection

Perfect reliability

Perfect grip

Accurate

Metal Sights

Less expensive then glock

Made in the  United States of America.

It really was a very simple solution.  Try it. I think
the S&W 2.0 compact will amaze you !!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was tired of BTF and erratic Glock 19 ejection also.

I found a 100% solution for my Glock 19

I bought a Smith & Wesson 2.0 Compact 9mm

Perfect ejection

Perfect reliability

Perfect grip

Accurate

Metal Sights

Less expensive then glock

Made in the  United States of America.

It really was a very simple solution.  Try it. I think
the S&W 2.0 compact will amaze you !!!!
View Quote
The last time I owned an M&P I couldn't get parts for it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
You mean the gun nobody talks about anymore? That VP9?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. And the M&P 2.0 as well eats glock's lunch.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I no longer buy Gen 4 Glocks, I stick to Gen 3s or really the Gen 5 is where it's at.
I never said it was. There are other issues with the Gen 4s. That is why I don't buy them. Most notably broken and cracked slides.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol no it doesn't. I've broken parts in my 2.0s already and they are all sub 10K round guns. S&Ws quality control at work. Let's not forget how bad they messed up with the 1.0 guns. They lost some huge contracts because of that one.

If you want a quality polymer framed, strike fired gun that you can run hard, and has plenty of factory as well as aftermarket support there are only two real choices. The P320 and Glock. If you doubt that just look at the contracts. Contracts are not going to S&W or H&K or CZ or Beretta or FN. They are all going to Glock and Sig. These are contracts where guns are being tested and evaluated on their performance as well as cost. S&W, Beretta, CZ, and FN all cost less. So they are not losing contract bids due to cost.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#29]
VP9
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
i'm at the local range today, brushing up on my Glock 17 skills. After my 15th mag, i just could not continue firing it...
Every single spent casing would ether bounce off my head or I would take it in the face...i also made the mistake of wearing a fleece...so after they rolled off my head, i would find them stuck and melted into my fleece!

I love my Glock, the consistency of the trigger, the ease of operation.....but!! ! just cant take the hot brass to the face/head anymore.

Can anyone recommend a replacement that is equal to the glock? Striker fired, consistency of the trigger, the ease of operation...but different ejection pattern?
View Quote
SIG M17 is what you seek!
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I never said it was. There are other issues with the Gen 4s. That is why I don't buy them. Most notably broken and cracked slides.
View Quote
Cracked slides and frame rails are not exclusive to Gen 4's either.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#33]
New ejector maybe
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Lol, strikers
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Lol, strikers
View Quote
No comments from the peanut gallery!
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 2:49:04 AM EDT
[#36]
CZ p10
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Those of you going to the Non-LCI SLB & 30274 ejector, are you also replacing the extractor itself?
Is it necessary to do so when swapping to the above parts?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Vp9
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I like the M&P with Apex trigger kit a lot. The Walther PPQ has the best out of the box striker trigger. Or maybe switch over to hammer fired guns like a HK USP with LEM trigger. It's just as simple as a Glock.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I had the best success with Apex extractors.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#41]
M&P 2.0

Problem solved
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And yet here we are talking about it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
And yet here we are talking about it.
View Quote
The thread you participated in in the HK subforum where someone inquired about the VP9 had 15 replies. Not exactly a hot topic. The VP9 was a flash in the pan like so many others.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The last time I owned an M&P I couldn't get parts for it.
View Quote
Yup. I had an M&P and loved it but there wasn’t anywhere near the aftermarket support for it as Glock. My M&P9 was a better gun than the Glock but here I am.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:15:32 AM EDT
[#45]
My three glocks, none do this. I know it's common some do and some don't. I wonder what the root cause is either ammo or extractor inconsistencies.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The thread you participated in in the HK subforum where someone inquired about the VP9 had 15 replies. Not exactly a hot topic. The VP9 was a flash in the pan like so many others.
View Quote
The VP9 is an outstanding pistol with a ton of potential. When picking my new goto pistol I tested the hell out of the VP9. Outstanding accuracy, reliability, trigger, and some of the best ergonomics of any pistol currently on the market. For me though it was passed over for two primary reasons. First was size. It is pretty much the same size of the G17 but only has 15rnd mags. These are metal mags too. At the time I was using 18rnd mec-gar mags in my Beretta M9A1. Second, at the time there wasn't much factory support for the platform and almost zero aftermarket, (this was the 2014-2015 time frame). HK would have a real winner if they made the VP9 in a Glock 19 size, 15rnd mags, and optics ready from the factory. Everything else about that pistol is just about perfect IMO. If HK really wanted to up their game they'd make the VP9 slides and frames interchangeable. Similar to what Glock did for the DHS contract. Like it or not this is a feature requested on a lot of new contracts now. It allows the end user to "fine tune" their pistol to fit their needs. HK could drum up interest in the platform again by releasing a Gen 2 version.

One of my favorite features on HK pistols is the paddle mag release. It takes some time getting comfortable with a new manual of arms but once you get it, it is fast and more intuitive than tagging a mag release button IMO. I miss that feature most of all with my P320s. Though the 320 has a pretty decent factory mag release. Those little rubber slide tabs were kind of nice when your hands got wet too. Another feature I wouldn't mind seeing on other pistols. I know TD/VT made something similar for the Glock.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Lots of parts suggestions but nobody asked what GEN the OP had.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yup. I had an M&P and loved it but there wasn't anywhere near the aftermarket support for it as Glock. My M&P9 was a better gun than the Glock but here I am.
View Quote
I couldn't even get recoil springs.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Lots of parts suggestions but nobody asked what GEN the OP had.
View Quote
That's because generation has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The VP9 is an outstanding pistol with a ton of potential. When picking my new goto pistol I tested the hell out of the VP9. Outstanding accuracy, reliability, trigger, and some of the best ergonomics of any pistol currently on the market. For me though it was passed over for two primary reasons. First was size. It is pretty much the same size of the G17 but only has 15rnd mags. These are metal mags too. At the time I was using 18rnd mec-gar mags in my Beretta M9A1. Second, at the time there wasn't much factory support for the platform and almost zero aftermarket, (this was the 2014-2015 time frame). HK would have a real winner if they made the VP9 in a Glock 19 size, 15rnd mags, and optics ready from the factory. Everything else about that pistol is just about perfect IMO. If HK really wanted to up their game they'd make the VP9 slides and frames interchangeable. Similar to what Glock did for the DHS contract. Like it or not this is a feature requested on a lot of new contracts now. It allows the end user to "fine tune" their pistol to fit their needs. HK could drum up interest in the platform again by releasing a Gen 2 version.

One of my favorite features on HK pistols is the paddle mag release. It takes some time getting comfortable with a new manual of arms but once you get it, it is fast and more intuitive than tagging a mag release button IMO. I miss that feature most of all with my P320s. Though the 320 has a pretty decent factory mag release. Those little rubber slide tabs were kind of nice when your hands got wet too. Another feature I wouldn't mind seeing on other pistols. I know TD/VT made something similar for the Glock.
View Quote
The VP9 is a fine pistol. What is telling, though, is that HK released the version with a button mag release and all we heard was crickets.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top