Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2020 2:14:22 PM EDT
this is my first visit to this site, so this may have already been discussed....I was visiting a good friend that is a pistol smith (APG)... he was diagnosing a customer's competition pistol that would not eject reliably, even with an 8# recoil spring... he has a range on premise, so the pistol was taken to the firing line, and the ejection port was photographed by a cell phone equipped with slow motion technology for a series of shots....clearly showed the degree to which the slide was not cycling fully... I still use a flip phone, so I thought this was pretty neat and the use of that technology entirely new to me... regards
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
iPhone 12 Pro is what you seek
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
this is my first visit to this site, so this may have already been discussed....I was visiting a good friend that is a pistol smith (APG)... he was diagnosing a customer's competition pistol that would not eject reliably, even with an 8# recoil spring... he has a range on premise, so the pistol was taken to the firing line, and the ejection port was photographed by a cell phone equipped with slow motion technology for a series of shots....clearly showed the degree to which the slide was not cycling fully... I still use a flip phone, so I thought this was pretty neat and the use of that technology entirely new to me... regards
View Quote

High speed flash x-ray would be even better.
There are some nice looking flash x-rays of a 1911 firing floating around.

Good enough to see the barrel link moving during the firing cycle.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The U.S. used high-speed video to diagnose problems with Bofors 40mm guns during WWII.  The Germans used "spark photography" to take high-speed still photographs of weapon components cycling.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The U.S. used high-speed video to diagnose problems with Bofors 40mm guns during WWII.  The Germans used "spark photography" to take high-speed still photographs of weapon components cycling.
View Quote

The biggest problem is getting flashes when the bullet is in front of the lens.

Did single shots many years ago with very brief flashes from spark generator system.
Precision triggering of the high voltage spark takes a lot of work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top