Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2020 3:31:20 PM EDT
is there one that does not fitting? and is it hard to change out? the stock one i have is very hard to move. it a arggie one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#1]
????
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For what gun????   Double barrel 20 gage, pump, revolver, 1911, BHP,  Glock, AR, AK, derringer, single shot 22????
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is there one that does not fitting? and is it hard to change out? the stock one i have is very hard to move. it a arggie one.

For what gun????   Double barrel 20 gage, pump, revolver, 1911, BHP,  Glock, AR, AK, derringer, single shot 22????
Well, being that this is the Browning handgun forum and Browning doesn't make 20ga pump handguns or revolvers, Glocks, AR, AK, derringer or a single shot .22 AND he specified an "arggie one' I'd bet your favorite testicle he's asking about an extended safety for an Argentine Hi Power.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Cylinder and Slide's extended safety is the most easily acquired. FEG made a really nice extended safety but, they were never easy to find. IIRC Numrich sold out of them years ago when FEG closed up shop. Scarpino and Garthwaite make their own but, I think they make them as needed rather than offer the parts a la carte.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#4]
guess i should have said Argentine HP, it shoot good, but i never put the safety on because its sooo hard to move, wonder if there's a way to lighten that up just a little.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
guess i should have said Argentine HP, it shoot good, but i never put the safety on because its sooo hard to move, wonder if there's a way to lighten that up just a little.
View Quote
If its difficult to move there's three possibilities:
1. Improper assembly/reassembly
2. Out of spec parts
3. Dirty

So.........disassemble, clean and as you reassemble check the fitment of the safety.
If still difficult then replace the part.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:41:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just had a very similar problem with my Tisas HP, and I bought the Browning HP part from Midway (3 pieces sold separately) it did not require fitting and and I never opened a HP and had no trouble installing it. The ambi safety is much easier to engage and disengage.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Just be careful what you wish for.  An easy to disengage might just do that....   I'm assuming yours must be the original small type safety?  No?

I made my ambi safety a strong side only cuz it seemed like it would disengage more.  HiPowers are somewhat notorious for mush safeties and some smiths make them more positive.  It is a ball detent and it's not always very....  effective.  I did not have that particular mod done.  Making mine strong side seemed to help.

I hate to even admit it on here but lately I've been carrying mine in Condition 3.  I know I know, heresy.  It's just how I'm doin it right now.   I was carrying it cocked, no safety, with no round in the chamber cuz it's easier to rack the slide that way......  But now I just am traditional condition 3, hammer down.  I will change eventually.  Unless I find a DA/SA pistol that I wanna carry first.  Like a Beretta Compact Model M......
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just be careful what you wish for.  An easy to disengage might just do that....   I'm assuming yours must be the original small type safety?  No?

I made my ambi safety a strong side only cuz it seemed like it would disengage more.  HiPowers are somewhat notorious for mush safeties and some smiths make them more positive.  It is a ball detent and it's not always very....  effective.  I did not have that particular mod done.  Making mine strong side seemed to help.

I hate to even admit it on here but lately I've been carrying mine in Condition 3.  I know I know, heresy.  It's just how I'm doin it right now.   I was carrying it cocked, no safety, with no round in the chamber cuz it's easier to rack the slide that way......  But now I just am traditional condition 3, hammer down.  I will change eventually.  Unless I find a DA/SA pistol that I wanna carry first.  Like a Beretta Compact Model M......
View Quote
The safety on mine is still a bit stiff but for sure so it won't be snicking itself off in my holster any time soon :-)

Regarding condition 3... I had a student who was a spook in an Israeli "service" that ran my course condition 3. He was absolutely amazing to watch shooting and had a perfect score. Since the other students could not see him in the drills he did a C3 demonstration for us all and the rest of the class were stunned watching his skills.

So C3 is not heresy when the shooter is well trained.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Had my smith install a C&S on my FEG.  He didn't go into details but he said he did not want to do that again.  And this guy likes to fix old Colt revolvers, because its fun.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The safety on mine is still a bit stiff but for sure so it won't be snicking itself off in my holster any time soon :-)

Regarding condition 3... I had a student who was a spook in an Israeli "service" that ran my course condition 3. He was absolutely amazing to watch shooting and had a perfect score. Since the other students could not see him in the drills he did a C3 demonstration for us all and the rest of the class were stunned watching his skills.

So C3 is not heresy when the shooter is well trained.
View Quote
I do practice racking the slide after drawing.  But it's not ideal.  And the downside is that it's probably one of the stiffer guns to rack with the hammer down.  I can do it on my belt though one handed.  I have not practiced that much cuz it leaves a mark from sliding down at times.  LOL.

That being said I'd rather have a 9mm 1911 cuz I wouldn't care if the safety flicked off sometimes.    But this is what I got and I love shooting it.  It's very accurate and feels so right.  And it's a decent size for carrying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top