Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2020 3:51:54 PM EDT
This is not the    duty trigger  option where you replace all the springs it is swapout oof the  IMHO awful hinged trigger for an apex metal one.   part number 100-160  bought at midway.

results: clear improvement less over travel and take up  the feel without the  hinge is more like my glocks and xd.

I watched the apex video and used this video from you tube  https://youtu.be/TbQb6a7Qd24

Getting the roll pins out and  especially back in was a bit hard.  You really had to bang on the punch.  I tried using the punch to set the trigger pin.  I ended up using a small clamp in lieu of the recommended  vise( did not have one).  It worked a charm.  Except for the roll pins   the job was easy.  My skill level I have installed  giessle triggers but nothing more complex.  if you  a set of pin punches this is do-able for a  beginner.  I did it myself   there are a lack of gun smiths around here and they wanted  from 45 - 80 buck to do it.  I don't mind supporting  a pro but I thought  at the higher end it was a bit excessive
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same trigger added to my Shield .45.  A local smith took ten minutes to drop it in, cost me $20 i think.
I really like that gun now.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Sear will need adjustment not a DIY install
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top