Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2021 8:20:52 AM EDT
I know that when you put a +2 baseplate on a p07 mag its the same spring.  I assume that the 19rd p09 mags don't need an upgraded spring when you add the factory +2 baseplate right?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Used the factory springs in all of mine.  P07 and P09 and CZ75, too.

Only CZ mag. springs I've replaced are some Mecgar CZ75 .40 mags that would barely move the slide lever upwards enough to catch the corner of the notch in the slide.  Not sure why those 3 or 4 mags. were like (never had an issue with any other Mecgar mags) that but the Wolf +10% springs fixed that issue.

I pulled a bunch of P07 mag springs awhile back (they've been carried/used for about 10 years now in my DUTY .P07 .40.  I compared the springs to a new P07 mag spring.  There was about 1/2" difference in length, so I wiped them off and put them back in the magazines.

Oh, I only have 2 P07 mags with the factory 12 round capacity.  The others have the +2's on the bottom and carry 14.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:34:14 AM EDT
[#2]
@M1A4ME

Thanks!  I just grabbed some p9 mags off the EE to use for my p07 since I seem to miss every time greg cote has p07 mags in stock.  Probably going to end up making one of the 09 mags a 21 using the +2 extension off my 07 mag & using the baseplate off the 09 to make the 07 a 15 rd flush fit for carry.  

Just wanted to make sure its all compatible, it'll be here next week probably so I'll probably just go hit the range.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#3]
My P07s are carried (only one at a time) IWB on my right side.

The spare mag is a 14 round stuck IWB on the left side.

The two extra spares I carry in the door pocket of the car/truck/suv are P09 .40 mags. with the +2s on them, so 17 round of .40.  The P09 with +2s are a lot taller IWB and dig my hip in the low carry pouch or my ribs in the high carry pouch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top