Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2021 1:48:26 PM EDT
I thought about unloading my g2c to a friend and upgrading to the g3c if the trigger pull distance was shorter.

If basically the same, what advantage is there?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Trigger pull is the same. Main difference is the slide changes like being able to install Glock sights, grooves removed from slide and replaced with forward serations and loaded chamber indicator. G3c can also be optic ready with the TORO version.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
My G2C is a terrific pistol. As stated above the primary differences are relatively minor. I prefer the G2C for the tactile loaded chamber indicator. I replaced the factory sights with a set of fiber optic sights from Lakeline LLC. They work great and are easy for my older eyes to see.

I DO NOT like the G2C skinny trigger safety, and replaced it with a trigger from Keeptinkering.com, that retains the restrike capability. All the trigger guts are OEM, by the slight difference in the geometry of the KT trigger reduced the measured trigger pull weight from around 5.75 pounds to 4.5 pounds. That being said, the G3C trigger safety comprises about 50% of the trigger face and is much more to my liking. I could live with it if I had to. I have no problem with the length of the trigger pull on the G2C. The break and reset are really quite nice. But I shoot a Sig Sauer P250 DAO pistol as well. Its a matter of what you get used to.

After about 1000 rounds I noticed some wear on the polymer parts of the recoil assembly and decided to pre-emptively replace it with a stainless assembly. Got it and a stainless steel striker sleeve as well. Those came from Lakeline also. So, all told I have $300 in the gun after mods. I'm 4000+ rounds through the gun and It has been flawless, except for some exposed lead roundnose ammo from Remington.

I have no interest in an optic on a self defense gun, so being optic ready is a non issue for me. I have tried a couple of different optics equipped pistols and they are fine imho on range and competition guns. I like to keep my SD/HD guns as simple as possible.

Last week Kygunco had G2C's for $208.00 nib. Very tempted to order another one as a back up. Taurus G2C is a solid pistol at an actually amazing price for what you get. I carry mine in a Concealment Express IWB tuck holster with the claw. I can conceal the pistol with a 17 round mag at 3-4 o'clock with ease.

Taurus haters, please go drool in another thread.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 of the G2C's. One is a trunk gun for emergency purposes. I would say the G2C is here for a while and not worth selling to upgrade.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By southernguy:
I have 2 of the G2C's. One is a trunk gun for emergency purposes. I would say the G2C is here for a while and not worth selling to upgrade.
View Quote

@southernguy

Agreed. I would not sell the G2C just to replace it with a G3C. Take a look at LakelineLLC.com for their aftermarket parts. I replaced the recoil assembly as a preventative measure. My gun gets shot a lot /;-)).
And the Keep Tinkering trigger is a valid replacement part as well.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The G3 is a tiny bit bigger is it not?
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 44-40pro:

@southernguy

Agreed. I would not sell the G2C just to replace it with a G3C. Take a look at LakelineLLC.com for their aftermarket parts. I replaced the recoil assembly as a preventative measure. My gun gets shot a lot /;-)).
And the Keep Tinkering trigger is a valid replacement part as well.
View Quote

Thanks, I think I’ll buy these parts to upgrade my pair of G3’s. I had a G3C but carry a P365 and prefer the less aggressive texture on the full size G3.  So I gave the G3C to my grandson as a graduation present.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top