Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2020 3:15:56 PM EDT
Will a Gold cup trigger fit my Colt defender?   I  love my gold cup.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting question

The sear pin lengths seem to be the same, so it should be feasible to put in the GC sear, it's recessed spring, and sear depressor lever.   The actual trigger itself should fit too.

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info...   I'll probably  Google   Defender trigger job later and see what shows up.   I have  an excellent digital gauge for trigger pulls..
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting question

The sear pin lengths seem to be the same, so it should be feasible to put in the GC sear, it's recessed spring, and sear depressor lever.   The actual trigger itself should fit too.

View Quote
I thought gold cups had fatter trigger faces?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Your right on the face, I just looked at mine again.

IMHO it's the sear with it's captive spring acting against the additional sear depressor lever which adds more sear engagement pressure which sets the GC trigger apart from normal 1911's.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The Gold Cup trigger channel is wider than the standard 1911 trigger channel, as mentioned.

You can improve the standard 1911 trigger with some fine adjustments and decent parts, no need to saddle yourself with the Rube Goldberg lockwork of the Gold Cup.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
And....with all things said; I can appreciate the desire, as I still think the Robby Shipley Colt Combat Commander, with the Gold Cup Trigger, is still one of the coolest .45s around.  Just my two cents.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice, thx for sharing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top