Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2018 9:18:06 PM EDT
Wife thinking about getting one, Anything I should know?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you been here: CCP Forum

Lotsa info there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#3]
do want.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 12:17:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Tons of bad reviews. Just google around a little. Im a walther fanboy and I wouldnt touch one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm an H&K fan boy and tried to get her into a p30sk or vp9sk... but when she tried the CCP she said it felt perfect.  Took it to the range and she shot REALLY well.  Really surprising since shes always shot revolvers and when she shot my semi autos she was all over the place.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The Walther CCP is one of those guns that was not properly beta-tested and thus had some issues when it first came out. It didn't help that later on Walther had to do a recall. The initial disgruntled owners and people who dislike Umarex complained far and wide creating a near urban legend level of negativity toward the CCP. The Walther forum became a magnet for those who wanted to complain even more, even to the degree where people who didn't even own a CCP went there to parrot complaints. Generally speaking people only seek out gun specific forums because they are hardcore fans, have specific questions, or because they are having troubles. None of those groups really represents the average experience. The lack of aftermarket support, especially sights, until recently did not help the CCP either.

I do not have a CCP but I have rented the same one a half dozen times at a local range and intend to pick one up. The rental gun has a few thousand rounds through it and runs like a champ. Has reportedly never had any issues and definitely hasn't the 600 or so rounds I have put through it. It fits my large hands much better than the Shield, G43, PPS M2, CW9, LC9S, etc. I don't care for the manual safety but like on the Shield it does not interfere with my grip or shooting style either. The two local gun shops that sell them have sold quite a few and reported only a few disgruntled buyers early on but none since then. Later production and post-recall guns are not having the same issues as the early production guns, other than being very dirt and apparently hot with extended shooting. There are many satisfied owners of the CCP and they seem to be fairly popular, outside of the internet anyway.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I got a CCP 1 1/2 years ago and had cycle and ejection issues from the start shooting cheap ball ammo. I then tried Sig defense ammo and all the problems went away. So my thoughts are that it just needs hot ammo to function reliably or needs to be broken in more?
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 12:48:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I own an early one, over 1k rounds through it. No issues. Took awhile to get used to the takedown, but no problems with function. I’m buying another one soon.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:23:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Had one for a few years to let new shooters use. 1-2000 rounds and worked fine. Replaced it with a shield ez because it is easier for new shooters. It's not a bad gun but not an awesome gun either, it works.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#10]
The CCP M2 released today, sounds like the minor issues with the original have been resolved in the update. Looking forward to picking one up. I hope Walther followed the trend of some American companies and has already begun shipping them to dealers before making the announcement versus having us sit for 6 months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top