Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2022 11:47:39 AM EDT
I am hoping Canik expands their lines to include 45 acp at some point. I love their offerings in 9mm and own 2 already, but if I am looking for a .45 acp offering it just doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I emailed them not long ago asking if/when that would happen. The response I received stated there are no plans at this time to expand to other calibers..
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, we can hope. Right now I am looking at a ppq 45 for a house gun. I really wish there were more options along the same lines. I just really love the canik triggers and the front serrations. I also think the fit and finish is really good at the price point.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I would love to see a Canik TP series in .45 or 10mm, pretty sure that wont happen though.  G21, M&P, XDM, FN FNX or something along those lines would be your best option.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Canik needs to think about boosting their magazine supplies first!
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RUT:
View Quote

THIS!

I've rid myself of all but 2 of my .45acps. and standardized on 9mm. I left the "bigger is better" thing behind a while back (except for grizzly bear defense) and decided that I'm good with proper placement of 9mm. But that means that I need to be able to actually deliver the 115-147gr projectiles to their recipient(s), and I can only do so if I've got magazines in which to store them before "mailing" them off.

For my own personal comfort zone, the 9mm is the Goldilox caliber, with .380 being less than I prefer (though my tiny Kahr CW380 has its niche pocket gun uses), and .40, .45acp, and 10mm being overkill for my comfort zone. But hey, I understand differing opinions and preferences, so it wouldn't bother me if Canik offered more caliber options. But I'm fine with them limiting their offerings to 9mm. I would have to imagine that 9mm and .380 are by far the majority of handguns sold these days. So my own preference isn't out of line with the masses. I've been shooting pistols for just under 5 decades and no longer feel the need to throw 200+ grains of lead downrange... pistol or rifle, outside of 300 grain .44mag loads.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]
7.62x25 please
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Red_Label:

THIS!

I've rid myself of all but 2 of my .45acps. and standardized on 9mm. I left the "bigger is better" thing behind a while back (except for grizzly bear defense) and decided that I'm good with proper placement of 9mm. But that means that I need to be able to actually deliver the 115-147gr projectiles to their recipient(s), and I can only do so if I've got magazines in which to store them before "mailing" them off.

For my own personal comfort zone, the 9mm is the Goldilox caliber, with .380 being less than I prefer (though my tiny Kahr CW380 has its niche pocket gun uses), and .40, .45acp, and 10mm being overkill for my comfort zone. But hey, I understand differing opinions and preferences, so it wouldn't bother me if Canik offered more caliber options. But I'm fine with them limiting their offerings to 9mm. I would have to imagine that 9mm and .380 are by far the majority of handguns sold these days. So my own preference isn't out of line with the masses. I've been shooting pistols for just under 5 decades and no longer feel the need to throw 200+ grains of lead downrange... pistol or rifle, outside of 300 grain .44mag loads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Red_Label:

THIS!

Originally Posted By RUT:

Both of these.

I have looked at the Caniks real close. Supposedly they are a Knockoff Walther P99. I have come close to getting one and had one picked out at a gun shop and didn't get it because everywhere I looked I could not find extra mags. A Friend at work has one of the full size 19rd mag versions and has been looking for mags for a while and never has been able to find any. I have been looking for him and still haven't found a place with any in stock.  

With 9mm being the number one sold pistol caliber (Other than 22LR) why would a gun maker, even offer anything other than 9mm.  After the FBI switched to 9mm for handguns and releasing the reasons why.

380 Auto?? Almost twice the price or more than 9mm in less power.  Most gun shop owners tell me one 380 for every 10 9mm. ITs even worse for all the other calibers now.
45AARP really??  LOL Ok sure boomer!!!
40 Short and Weak??  Wear the gun out sooner.  And 9mm bonded round has come a long way.
357 Sig (Auto)?? Again 9mm +P and done. However, does have very low SD and ES for a handgun round IF you want really accurate!!!  Local shop says he hasn't had 357 sig come in the door for transfer or even one on the shelf or even ammo in 5 years if not more no sales at all during the trump slump its as if it has just dropped off the face of the earth.
10mm??  Im a big fan of the best Millimeter. BUT alas if I was in charge of deciding what guns in what caliber to produce, 10mm would be very low on the list with everything else coming waayyyy after the 10mm.

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:19:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I handled a grey ported slide model with a comp, it was pretty neat. I would be tempted to try one if it were in .40 or 10mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top