Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 10:42:25 PM EDT
have a mk2 HP. Love it, but want a more positive safety. More 1911 style I guess.

Who makes a good one at a decent price?

I looked at C&S but it seems they require fitting. If I have to fit it I'll figure it out but would prefer to buy drop in.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
You won't buy a drop in unless you have the luck of the Irish.  You'd be better off buying a lottery ticket.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You won't buy a drop in unless you have the luck of the Irish.  You'd be better off buying a lottery ticket.
View Quote
That’s fine. I got a dremel and I ain’t scared.

I’ll change my query to decently priced with a positive/1911 like feel. Basically want a flat bar with a click.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I’ll change my query to decently priced with a positive/1911 like feel. Basically want a flat bar with a click.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cylinder and Slide
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in the same boat. As a left hander, the BHP and 1911 in war dress are out. I have a beater FEG that I would rather hack up instead of my MK1 BHP.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a Cyl and slide, dropped right in. Didn’t have to touch it with tools. Bit tight on the spring for the detent, works great. Very positive/tactile click
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:43:53 AM EDT
[#6]
https://bhspringsolutions.com/products-by-handgun/217-fn-browning-hi-power-ambidextrous-safety-lever-.html

I used this one. Very positive detents. Mine dropped in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top