Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2021 2:17:14 PM EDT
I've always been a huge Zev fan.  I have a pile of their slides, triggers, sites etc.  Ever since the OZ9 modular build kit came out I have been after them to release the compact version of it.  The original plan from Zev was to eventually release it with the last date being Shot Show 2021. Unfortunately due to the current climate it appears that plan has changed and they have no current plans to bring back the MBK or the MBKc.

Seeing that a local shop had the complete OZ9 Compact on hand I bit the bullet and bought it.  I really like the ability to change grip module sizes between 19 and 17 length along with the ability to use a 19, 17 and 34 length slide all in the same package.  Now to wait for Colorado to get through their LONG list of background checks so I can take it home.

Anyone else have the OZ9 Compact?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and love it. I also bought the X-Grip as well and the ability to switch back and forth is awesome instead of having to buy two different pistols.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one and love it. I also bought the X-Grip as well and the ability to switch back and forth is awesome instead of having to buy two different pistols.
View Quote

For sure!  I’ve had the X-grip for about a year now in anticipation of the MBKc being released. I’ll probably install it immediately.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:02:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not familiar with the MKBc you're referring to.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:59:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not familiar with the MKBc you're referring to.
View Quote

At one point Zev was selling the full sized OZ9 serialized rail as the MBK. The plan was to eventually sell the compact version in the same way. But due to demand and the current climate they’ve decided to hold off.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked it today, freaking love this handgun. One handgun that can do it all.

I’ll post pics later.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Picked it today, freaking love this handgun. One handgun that can do it all.

I’ll post pics later.
View Quote

Welcome to the easy life. It really is the easy button of pistols.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Welcome to the easy life. It really is the easy button of pistols.
View Quote

For sure.  Much easier than building one up.

I got out and shot about 200 rounds through it yesterday.  Very easy to get one ragged hole on target.  No issues, absolute pleasure to shoot.

Pulled the RMR off my Zev Duty slide that was setup with a Zev barrel.  I figured I'd have to re-zero the RMR on the OZ9 but didn't have to.  That's pretty impressive.

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I was really looking forward to that MBKc, but if Zev can sell every single complete pistol they can possibly make, I can' really blame them for leaving the MBKc behind.

Please let us know how you like it!

I've got a couple of 19.4 Rolands that I really like, and I am curious about a X-Grip OZ-9c with a KKM comp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top