Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2021 11:53:40 AM EDT
Hey gang. Is there anybody here that has taken the time to modify their beavertail backstraps to fit onto a Zev magwell on their Gen 4 Glock 19 handguns? If yes, how did you do it and would it be possible to send me some pictures or possibly post them here for those who may also be interested. I managed to do it with my Magpul magwell adapter and it works well but I really like the looks of the Zev one. Much more real estate for my hand, etc.

Thanks in advance and hope the questions make sense.

ETA: I ordered the ZEV Compact, got out the dremel and bored the medium beavertail backstrap hole wide enough for the head of the screw, pushed down the hole of the frame itself to match the hole for the screw to comfortably align with the magwell and shaved just a little bit from the bottom of the strap as well. I'm not entering a beauty pageant and as far as functionality is concerned, it works perfectly. Took me 5/10 minutes tops to do all of the work. If I had the right dremel bit and a better lighting set up, I might have been able to do a better job. But as I said, for my needs, it works and I'm a caveman like that.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck the Zev go SLR....................... I own 5 of them of from Gen4 to 5 on G19.4 to two Gen5's and three G19x
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 1:42:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck the Zev go SLR....................... I own 5 of them of from Gen4 to 5 on G19.4 to two Gen5's and three G19x
View Quote

Hey there. Thanks a lot for this information. So they work with the backstraps and if yes, no modifications needed hah? Please send me pictures to my email address.

Thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hey there. Thanks a lot for this information. So they work with the backstraps and if yes, no modifications needed hah? Please send me pictures to

Thanks!!!!
View Quote

You might not want to post your email address directly in the chat.  IM a private message or ask for him to post a picture in your thread.
Edit your post to remove your email address @colexnin
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW, I'm quite happy with my $20 Magpul magwells.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top