Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2017 10:31:39 PM EDT
I saw these in a CDNN email, but could not find any information on them.  They look like a Berreta clone.  I was wondering if magazines were compatible and if anyone has handled one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
came here to ask this. Beretta knock offs? are they worth a damn? Any experience would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#2]
A very quick google search found this.

Info
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If I was going to go that route I would just buy a 92 off GB from cdisales for another $50-75.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Info
View Quote
Thank you for the link.  It didn't spell out 100% if magazine were compatible with Beretta.  Maybe my money would be better spent on a used Glock over at AIM.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Info
View Quote
Magazine reviews are one thing. Unbiased experience from a forum member who has handled, shot, and disassembled it, is another.

Thanks for the link though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#6]
For what it's worth, I've put a decent amount of rounds through a few of these pistols, both the C version, based on the Beretta Centurion and the full size version, based on the 92F.

These pistols are pretty well made, in both fit and finish, in my experience. They're also pretty accurate and reliable. They don't have the 92FS updates of course, which are designed to retain the slide in case of failure, but it doesn't make them bad pistols. Mainly pointing that out in case it's a concern for anyone. The magazines do interchange with Beretta magazines and everything I've read indicates most other parts do as well, though the link posted above seems to suggest Beretta barrels won't fit. I've never personally tried the barrel swap, so I can't speak to that. I can say that the C version of the pistols seems to have problems with grip interchangeability regarding Beretta grips, though I've not experienced the problem with the full size version of the Regard.

There are a number of these pistols and they've been imported by a number of companies, such as the MKE/MKEK version by ATI, known as the ATI 92, the Regard as imported by Zenith, and the Regard "M9", as imported by Chiappa. Zenith (as you may know) has decided to stop importing everything except the MKE roller locks, so my understanding is that only Chiappa will remain as the importer of these pistols, at least for the time being.

Having said all of the above, I loathe finger grooves generally and I doubt I'd purchase one of the recently imported models, due to that reason. I don't like the feel of them and they look terrible on that particular design. There's a version without finger grooves and I'd been talking to Zenith for some time about importing it, they'd finally agreed and a few months later, decided to focus only on roller locks. So I guess that's not happening now lol.

One thing many gun companies and just companies in general fail to remember, is that most people want a Beretta 92 because it's a Beretta 92, not something that looks slightly like it, with big, goofy looking finger grooves, and awful looking slide serrations, for 90% of the price of a Beretta. For the $400-$450 price I'd seen the Zenith import version going for, I'd just spend my money on the Beretta, as would most people.

That is one of the many reasons that the previous importers of these pistols failed to make it successful on the marketplace. Why pay that much money when a little more will get you an actual Beretta? This is part of the reason for ATI dumping theirs at CDNN, as did Zenith. This pistol can be very successful on the market, if marketed properly. It's a decent buy at $300, a maybe at $350, and pointless at $400+. Give us the version we want, at a price that makes sense.

For the record, I mean nothing against ATI or Zenith. I think both companies are working to get interesting products to market and have some fine employees working for them.

(Bit of a detour there. )
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Zenith Regard MC Compact in the White/Gold.  Besides the fit and finish being absolute TOP NOTCH, the trigger is awesome as is, and can be made better if needed. I own several Zenith/Girsan/Tisas pistols and most are pretty great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top