Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2016 10:17:40 PM EDT
Over 10 years ago I bought a Walther PPK in.380 ACP.
It has served me well at the Range.
Thankfully I haven't needed its use when carrying concealed.

Early last month the Ejector broke on it.  That's the second time it happened.  So off the a Fun Store and its return to Walther for repair.  Again.

On Saturday I got it back.  And I have to say the action is better than ever before.  I only need ONE thing repaired and look at everything they fixed.
Everything but Shipping & Handling was covered by Warranty.  As far as I can tell the Warranty expired when Dubya was President.

The only annoying thing is when you look at the price tag for Service and compare it to the total parts replaced added up.  The parts total exceed Labor by 5¢.
Still, the only thing I've EVER had to pay was the Shipping & Handling for as long as I've owned it.
All Hail Walther

Now if they can keep the Ejector from breaking a Third Time........

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
They upgrade\repaired my PPS frame and got my pistol back in less than 2 weeks shipping included.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
We sent the gf's PPS in for a reset issue and they replaced all kinds of things on their dime. I think it took all of 7 or 8 days including shipping. The gun is at least 10 years old.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep in mind much of this "extra" work is a CYA move since having been through an OEM certified repair the Firearm is then assumed to be 100% functional and safe.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
After I somehow snapped off the corner of my Smith & Wesson-produced PPK’s rear sight, I ordered another one from Walther.  The parts guy said, “you know, they’ll install that for you.”  It was great and cost nothing for the install, just the part.  I say well done, Herr Walther, even if you live in Arkansas these days.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#5]
FYI all Walthers, regardless of importer, manufactured after the UMAREX acquisition of the company(1993ish) are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their target at customer service is to never have a gun back for repair on the books for more than 48 hours.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#6]
If you don’t mind waiting the several months they’re on vacation, they’ve always been good about shipping certain small parts for free.
Of course, nobody but me has ever launched a spring into oblivion when detail stripping their pistol.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep in mind that's not the fault of the USA's operation that's an issue on Germany's. I'm sure the guys in the US complain about that just as much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top