Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2020 4:17:11 PM EDT
Alright guys. I jumped into the band wagon and picked up an XFIVE Legion.
Gun feels great and this week I decided to do some accuracy test.

At 36 yards, resting on bench, I shot my main Glock first. It was supposed to be a 5 shot group but one was fluke.

Same set up, I swapped out the barrel with a spare barrel. 5 shot group, similar result minus the fluke.

Then I took out the factory condition Xfive Legion. 5 shot group...

The big circle on the left is the sig and the circle on the right is the previous shot group from Glock

Honestly, I don't know wtf happened. Do I need to spend another grand on barrel fitting and trigger job?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Try it with a dot before comparing with irons
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Could you shoot the groups into a couple different Shoot N See type targets say 5-6” diameter? Use a separate target for each group of 5.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#3]
This was your first time out with a Sig 320 trigger?
Had you done any dryfire to get acclimated to it before throwing in the bullets?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could you shoot the groups into a couple different Shoot N See type targets say 5-6” diameter? Use a separate target for each group of 5.
View Quote

I think this could change the outcome drastically. I have never had good luck attempting groups on well used targets.

It may take some trigger time to get better. My Legion is a tack driver.  But I wasnt good with it right off the bat even with alot of practice with my full size standard 320 prior to owning a Legion
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, first rule of accuracy testing is to start with a target that isn’t shot to shit lol
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah, first rule of accuracy testing is to start with a target that isn’t shot to shit lol
View Quote

Hey, I was trying to be polite..
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#7]
"i got a new shotgun and here are my groups"
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Try it with a dot before comparing with irons
View Quote

This is with a dot. I will give it another shot but this was on a bench at 36 yards. Not standing at 15 yards or anything
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is with a dot. I will give it another shot but this was on a bench at 36 yards. Not standing at 15 yards or anything
View Quote

The problem is it is hard seeing what you shot shooting into a shot up target. When I shoot for groups off a bench I use a fresh piece of cardboard and put 3-5 6” Shoot N See targets right at the height I am from the bench. I also have a fixture to hold the pistol (not as nice as a Ransom Rest but close) shoot it for groups either 5 or 10 rounds. I try to take as much of my influence out of the shots and make it all on the gun.

I use the same set up when testing a new load I am working on, to see if it is better or worse than my standard. On a new pistol, I also buy a couple of different boxes of mid priced ammo to check the gun both function and groups. You may have an issue where your Glock likes one weight of bullet and your Legion likes another.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh god... Upon inspecting the muzzle, the rifling is all fucked up. Gotta send the fucker in I suppose...
Never dealt with Sig warranty. Are they any good?
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh god... Upon inspecting the muzzle, the rifling is all fucked up. Gotta send the fucker in I suppose...
View Quote

Let's see some pics.

If it's a manufacturer defect, they should stand by it. If it has been damaged you may be out of luck
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Send Sig a pic, they will send you a call tag and RMA. Now if nothing is wrong Sig charges you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:15:32 AM EDT
[#13]
OP post pictures of the rifling.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Since all you guys are so skeptical. Here are the pics... Oh and Sig did agree that the muzzle had irregularities and decided to swap the barrel for me.
On another note... Sig's standard test is 5 shot less than 2½" group at 10 yards... Honestly, that does not sound good. These guns are made in 2020; they should do sub 1" at 10 yards. 10 yards is less than 10 meters..

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The problem is it is hard seeing what you shot shooting into a shot up target. When I shoot for groups off a bench I use a fresh piece of cardboard and put 3-5 6” Shoot N See targets right at the height I am from the bench. I also have a fixture to hold the pistol (not as nice as a Ransom Rest but close) shoot it for groups either 5 or 10 rounds. I try to take as much of my influence out of the shots and make it all on the gun.

I use the same set up when testing a new load I am working on, to see if it is better or worse than my standard. On a new pistol, I also buy a couple of different boxes of mid priced ammo to check the gun both function and groups. You may have an issue where your Glock likes one weight of bullet and your Legion likes another.
View Quote

Ehhh. it's pistol.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Since all you guys are so skeptical. Here are the pics... Oh and Sig did agree that the muzzle had irregularities and decided to swap the barrel for me.
On another note... Sig's standard test is 5 shot less than 2½" group at 10 yards... Honestly, that does not sound good. These guns are made in 2020; they should do sub 1" at 10 yards. 10 yards is less than 10 meters..

https://i.imgur.com/SHWV3UD.png
https://i.imgur.com/NBXKG3k.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tCwKylt.jpg
View Quote

I agree, sig’s accuracy standard is a joke.  Their testing protocols are janky at best as well.  When they work, their pistols are insanely accurate.  However, when something isn’t right, good luck making them admit it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ehhh. it's pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ehhh. it's pistol.

No kidding, it looks like you have a bad barrel. I have a couple of X-5’s plus a few more slides. All shoot decent groups, but you need a rest to take as much shooter issues out of the equation.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#18]
You need to try a smaller aiming point once you get it all set up again. Have not tried the Legion 320 but my out of the box Legion SAO 226 is a laser. Id think your groups should be at least the size of a softball at 25yards with that gun.

This is off hand 15rnds at 15yards.

Also off hand same day 15rnds at 15yards.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top