Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2020 4:38:07 PM EDT
(updated 3/14 and didnt want to start a new thread) I picked up a used XDM 9 .... it is older and has seen some use...even has a small dremel cut on the slide where someone cut the front sight off... It is the model with the "NRA  gun of the year, 2009"  on the slide.  any way to date this? a 2010 or 2011 maybe?  not looking for value, it's just going to be a home defense/range pistol.
with round count unknown and probably high by the way it looks, should I replace any pins or springs?  It still shoots great and everything is very smooth at this point.
source for inexpensive 19 round mags? (no promag)

are there any mags out there that can be converted to work in the XDM 9?  I successfully converted several old beretta 92 mags to work in my xd 9 service...  with the XDM being 19 rounds the only mag I can think of is the canik mag ..thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
XDM has wide magwell because it was designed for .40cal first.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
XDM has wide magwell because it was designed for .40cal first.
View Quote
ah...so the magwell on the XDM 9 is slightly wider than my XD 9.... gotcha... thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
These are some pretty reliable pistols. Change the primary spring on the slide with a wolf spring if it makes you feel better. If it runs well, I wouldn't mess with it.
As for mags, they are pretty reasonable. Don't think I would alter other mags when they are readily available at good prices.

My family has several of the XDMs and all function 100%.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Just keep an eye out for mags on sale. I recently picked up 8 of them for something like $100 shipped.

I have 3 XDMs with a combined 10k+ rounds through them. Flawless pistols in my book.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top