Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2021 11:38:39 PM EDT
I currently own an XDE and the main reason I bought the gun was because it is easier for my wife to rack.  I do not carry the gun everyday as I normally carry a sig p938 which is a micro compact.  I am thinking of giving the sig to my son and getting me another gun for concealed carry (IWB).  It looks like the XDS and the XDE use the same mags( not 100% certain of that) and the XDS is a little smaller than the XDE.  Has anyone had experience carrying both?  Is the XDS more comfortable ?  If the difference is negligible I might just get another XDE.  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO if you're buying a new CCW and it isn't a P365xl you're wrong.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:46:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't get the one with the hammer.  Have you looked into the hellcat or 365?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I cant speak to the XDE but i have an XDS45 and like it, I carry it in a galco king tuck and it is very comfortable.  I have hear of people limp wristing and getting jams, but without the extended mag i have to adjust my grip after a couple shots because my pinky slips off the bottom.  I have since started carrying a p30sk with a pinky rest and prefer that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cant speak to the XDE but i have an XDS45 and like it, I carry it in a galco king tuck and it is very comfortable.  I have hear of people limp wristing and getting jams, but without the extended mag i have to adjust my grip after a couple shots because my pinky slips off the bottom.  I have since started carrying a p30sk with a pinky rest and prefer that.
View Quote

^ This man is enlightened

I carried an XDS45 for a number of years. Great little gun and surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. Bought it when I was worried about concealability. Added a PRP sear and spring kit which greatly improved the trigger.
With ball ammo it is controllable. With SD ammo it is pretty energetic.

I stayed the hammerless route and switched up to a VP9sk with a 13 rnd mag. Conceals every bit as well as the XDS and gives me 13+1 rounds. Out of the box the trigger is better than the PRP equipped XDS.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have considered the HKp30SK but was concerned that the width would make it a little uncomfortable to carry.  I have never owned a double stack so I dont know if I am making a mountain out a mole hill concerning the width.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have considered the HKp30SK but was concerned that the width would make it a little uncomfortable to carry.  I have never owned a double stack so I dont know if I am making a mountain out a mole hill concerning the width.
View Quote

The width is negligible when carrying in a decent holster, i went with an alien gear first and it chafed my fat (not really but was scratchy) so i bit the bullet and went with a StealthGear, so much better.  I still do carry the xds sometimes and it is a great little gun but it mostly stays home.  

Eta, if you want a 45 go xds, in 9mm I would go HK if you can swing it the cost is little more but higher capacity is good.  Also i have handled the 365 and hellcat and they are nice too but the HK is the one for me
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
New guy here, I had an xds and hated the gun. It didn't fit me is all I can say.Now my xde is a different story I love lt. I carry it the most and is most comfortable. It's very versatile as far as carry. I can even ankle carry it or IWB summer and it's concealed very well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
IMHO if you're buying a new CCW and it isn't a P365xl you're wrong.
View Quote

This or a 43x
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top