Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2021 8:09:57 PM EDT
I have an XDE that I like very much but am having a mag catch problem.  If I drop the mag from the right hand side , the mag will reinsert with no problem.  If I drop it from the left (using my thumb) then the mag will not lock in unless I move the mag release button from right to left.  Anyone else had this issue?  Is this something I could fix myself?  Thanks  
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard of the issue, but it sounds like the magazine catch may be "sticking." Could be a bad spring or fouling. I would call Springfield or follow any recommendations for frame parts cleaning in the manual. SA should take care of you under warranty.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I emailed springfield late last night and they responded early this morning.  I am going to try some other mags to try to determine if it is a mag problem or mag release problem.  I have been using this same mag for a while now and have never had a problem.  Springfield reached out very quickly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top