Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2018 6:17:52 PM EDT
I've got myself just about talked into some kind of Springfield Operator, so that means I need a light for it. Which X300U mounting system would be best?

A Rail-Lock
Attachment Attached File

I know this isn't an Ultra, but the Rail-Lock system is the same

B T-Slot
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the A
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an A on my rifle, but that's only because it was the only one available in tan when I bought it
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a version A and wish I bought a version B. The tabs on the version A were super tight on all the rails I mounted it on and had to shave a tad bit off with a file so it was easier to remove.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Have the A version on my operator, it fits super tight on my Glocks but has a small amount of play on the operator.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 12:52:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have the A version on my operator, it fits super tight on my Glocks but has a small amount of play on the operator.
View Quote
This is my experience as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:22:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a version A and wish I bought a version B. The tabs on the version A were super tight on all the rails I mounted it on and had to shave a tad bit off with a file so it was easier to remove.
View Quote
Loosen the screws, mount the light, apply slight pressure to the rails, then tighten screws. For the Springfield Operator, I had to remove the slide to access screws for tightening, but might be able to do with ball end hex wrench. Remove and reinstall light to check tightness.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Side to side, or front and back?

I noticed the P rail bar plate fit tighter, so I switched it out on my MC Operator.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, use the p rail
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the x300U-A on mine with no play at all.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Side to side, or front and back?

I noticed the P rail bar plate fit tighter, so I switched it out on my MC Operator.
View Quote
The U fit way too loose, the P is what I am using and it has only a small amount of play back and forth, not enough to really affect anything.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I own a handful of X300s and have one X300u-b amongst them. It currently splits time between an Operator and a Glock 34.

When I had a full rail TRP operator I couldn't get my x300u-a on it without orienting the pistol vertically, holding the lockings tabs down, and putting all my weight on the light to make it slide down. This is after I loosened the rails a little bit on the light. That same light is actually loose on my current operator. If I put the "p" lock on there instead of the "u" it doesn't wiggle front to back, just side to side. And i've retightened the screws on the surefire. I have an x300 (non ultra) that fits fine on all my Glocks (34 included), but this one x300u-a wiggles around on my Glock 34 and drives me crazy. So I bought one of the x300u-b models for the Operator and the 34 so the clamping pressure would compensate for sliding around.
My holsters are either T-rex arms Ragnaroks or Safarilands and accommodate either light.
Currently buying another X300u-b because my OCD won't let me not have a dedicated light per gun...
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I got the A version. It was so tight it wouldn't even slide on to several of my rails. Like you'd need a hammer to pound it on and off. I had to file on the plastic pieces to make it looser, then it was to loose on most rails, so I had to squeeze them together while I tightened the screws.
If you are truly going to leave it on one gun semi permanent, the A would be ok.
I have the stream light tlr-1s which is basically the same attachment as the surefire B and it always fits and always easy on, easy off.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#13]
The B model works better on metal frames in my experience.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I ended up going with another Rail-Lock to match my other 2 X300s. I never had an issue with other of them and I like the idea of being able to remove the light easily if I want to. I also picked up a set of Hyena Brown VZ Simonich Gunners, an S&A magwell, a light-bearing OWB/mag-carrier from Blackpoint Tactical and a Volund Atlas G-Hook belt. Long wait on the kydex so I have some time to decide between the Range Officer Operator and the Range Officer Elite Operator
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Both those have that ugly "Elite" on the slide. Almost as bad as "grip zone"
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I ended up going with another Rail-Lock to match my other 2 X300s. I never had an issue with other of them and I like the idea of being able to remove the light easily if I want to. I also picked up a set of Hyena Brown VZ Simonich Gunners, an S&A magwell, a light-bearing OWB/mag-carrier from Blackpoint Tactical and a Volund Atlas G-Hook belt. Long wait on the kydex so I have some time to decide between the Range Officer Operator and the Range Officer Elite Operator
View Quote
Picked up a RO elite and love the finish on it but the RO Elite etching on the slide is
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, the "RO ELITE" on the slide of the Elite gives me pause, but I like that it has a nicer finish and rear sight over the plain RO Operator.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes, the "RO ELITE" on the slide of the Elite gives me pause, but I like that it has a nicer finish and rear sight over the plain RO Operator.
View Quote
Yeah, the black T is better and so is the rear sight but it has a FO front and that Elite billboard.

Changing the rear sight is easy and the Armory kote isn't that bad.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah, the black T is better and so is the rear sight but it has a FO front and that Elite billboard.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The RO Op and RO Elite Op both have fiber optic front sights, which I want. The Regular RO Op is parkerized, not Armory Kote.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The RO Op and RO Elite Op both have fiber optic front sights, which I want. The Regular RO Op is parkerized, not Armory Kote.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like the easiest way to get what you want is the RO operator and a new rear sight.

I prefer parkerizing, it just wears nicer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I have three of the A’s and I prefer them to the B except for light/laser combos. I see the B only necessary for the laser combos.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 2:43:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Rail lock is solid as fuck

Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The B model works better on metal frames in my experience.
View Quote
Agreed. I have an X300U That's pretty much permanent on my SR1911 Rail.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I went with the A

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top