Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2020 8:56:46 PM EDT
For those of you looking for a small carry magwell for the X-Compact grip module (Ahem @Charlie_Foxtrot ), here’s someone offering them made of stainless steel;

https://3dprintedgungear.com/product/sig-p320-x-series-compact-grip-module-with-stainless-steel-magwell/

This Grip X compact medium grip module features a 3D printed Stainless Steel Magwell. It has a small footprint & is designed for concealed carry. This magwell requires  matching baseplates. Stock P320 15 round baseplates will not fit. Note this magwell is compatible with Gray Guns hard duty & Springer Precision base plates! Attention!! this magwell is permanently attached using epoxy. Note only the magwell has finish options.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I was on board until I saw the attaching using epoxy. I think there is enough material on the grip to attach a magwell with a more secure method like drilling a hole and screwing it in.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#2]
While I don’t have direct experience with this particular magwell, I do have experience with two different magwells for the standard Compact grip modules - One that just attaches with a screw through the bottom of the backstrap and one that attaches with a screw and epoxy. I no longer use the one that supposedly only attaches with the screw, because it would slip off the front of the grip module after only a few rounds every time I took it to the range. The epoxied magwells have been on both my RS320s for a combined 6,000+ rounds and haven’t budged.

Since the grip modules are easily replaceable inexpensive components, the risk of permanently attaching a magwell to one is significantly reduced compared to other pistols where you’re attaching it to the actual frame of the gun.

I’d suggest not dismissing a permanently-attached magwell immediately, is all I’m getting at
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve reached out to the manufacturer and asked if epoxy is the only thing that keeps the magwell installed or if it’s a combination of epoxy and a screw. Will post here when I hear back
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
@Charlie_Foxtrot quick reply from the manufacturer;

The magwell needs epoxy, I usually add a screw as well. You can send in your module if you want me to install it.
View Quote
They will use epoxy and a screw through the backstrap to solidly and permanently attach the magwell to your X-Compact module
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah. The other issue is what exactly am I gaining? Once I install that magwell I am in Carry grip territory with a magwell that isn't really much bigger than the larger magwell in the carry sized grip except I have a lower capacity and more weight. This is a good product in theory but is just not needed with the X-Compact grip which has a nice magwell anyways and works with the +5 extensions without any modifications. I don't mean to sound harsh but to me it is a solution searching for a problem. I do appreciate the heads up though and I wish the manufacturer all the best. I'm sure this is a product for someone.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah. The other issue is what exactly am I gaining? Once I install that magwell I am in Carry grip territory with a magwell that isn't really much bigger than the larger magwell in the carry sized grip except I have a lower capacity and more weight. This is a good product in theory but is just not needed with the X-Compact grip which has a nice magwell anyways and works with the +5 extensions without any modifications. I don't mean to sound harsh but to me it is a solution searching for a problem. I do appreciate the heads up though and I wish the manufacturer all the best. I'm sure this is a product for someone.
View Quote
Not harsh at all sir! You had expressed interest in a forthcoming Agency magwell for the X-Compact module in my project thread so I just wanted to make sure to flag a potential currently available solution to your attention, but as you said perhaps others will be interested in this option as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top