Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2021 7:30:48 PM EDT
Well there's a local one that is new and for less than $900 OTD at one of CZ's dealers. It's all steel and the slide rides inside the frame the whole length. Should make for an amazingly smooth gun. Plus I could Cajun Gunwork the whole internals, trigger, and hammer.

Dunno why I'm second guessing on this, but I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAaE6JjHWB8&t=181s

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Pre-covid they were $500 around here so no way I'd pay that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked-up the standard 97B from my local shop.  It was an LEO only gun, so I got it for around $650 OTD.  I took it out last week.  It was fairly accurate and due to the weight, helped with recoil management.  But if I had to do it all over again, I would have passed.  I have plenty of other .45's to shoot & this was just duplication.  But you might have different results.  And $900 seems a bit high.  Once the madness is over, that price will go down.  And a 10 shot fullsize gun is unlikely to be affected by any future gun legislation.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure they were.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just picked-up the standard 97B from my local shop.  It was an LEO only gun, so I got it for around $650 OTD.  I took it out last week.  It was fairly accurate and due to the weight, helped with recoil management.  But if I had to do it all over again, I would have passed.  I have plenty of other .45's to shoot & this was just duplication.  But you might have different results.  And $900 seems a bit high.  Once the madness is over, that price will go down.  And a 10 shot fullsize gun is unlikely to be affected by any future gun legislation.
View Quote

This is the newer version with $85 aluminum thin grips, screw in barrel bushing, and other differences. MSRP is $945

Other option would be to take this money and put it into another H&K .45 variant
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is the newer version with $85 aluminum thin grips, screw in barrel bushing, and other differences. MSRP is $945

Other option would be to take this money and put it into another H&K .45 variant
View Quote

Mine has the same grips, screw in bushing, but a hi-viz front sight.  I just got it last week, so it's current production.  If you like it, go for it.  I'm just telling you my experience.

CZ 97 B
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Recent closed auctions at SportsmanSupply;

ETA More are available on current auctions @SS.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187445/Captureclosed_JPG-1805442.JPG
View Quote

None of those are the 97BD
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187445/Captureclosed_JPG-1805442.JPG

Damn

Glossed right over that
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I was mainly asking about the gun, not the price. I have some Gamestop stonk so come Monday, money won't be the issue.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was mainly asking about the gun, not the price. I have some Gamestop stonk so come Monday, money won't be the issue.
View Quote

Hard to go wrong with a CZ.

I had been thinking of picking one up myself and have been watching auctions so when I saw the thread I missed the decocker in the first post.

Prices right now are pretty nuts and it is hard to say if prices will stabilize.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice gun.  I wanted one some years back. Now not so much.  I had a 75B for a while then traded it my son.  I'd say it's big and heavy.  I have a Glock 21.  So I would be more tempted to look for a HK grail type gun.  But if you want it buy it would be a great choice.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]
No, I love CZs but not the 97.  It deviates from the 75 a good bit, a Tanfoglio in .45 is closer to a CZ75.

Just like the SIG P227 I also don't see a point in a 10rd .45.  If that's all you can do just stick with a 1911.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, I love CZs but not the 97.  It deviates from the 75 a good bit, a Tanfoglio in .45 is closer to a CZ75.

Just like the SIG P227 I also don't see a point in a 10rd .45.  If that's all you can do just stick with a 1911.
View Quote

That is some good points. I might go tomorrow and hold it in my hand. P220 is my favorite .45
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
You're selling?  Pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You're selling?  Pathetic.
View Quote

We don't sell Gamestonk

I was simply pointing out that I no longer need to save parts of my paycheck due to my future finances being secure since I have the Gamestonk.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We don't sell Gamestonk

I was simply pointing out that I no longer need to save parts of my paycheck due to my future finances being secure since I have the Gamestonk.
View Quote
... because you're gonna sell it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a love affair with CZ's, and I like the 97, but they're big guns.

For me, it's on my 'If I get a good deal' list. And I don't think that's (or really much in this market) is a good deal.

To me, a CZ97 - any flavor - is just a range toy. Too big and heavy for anything else.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

To me, a CZ97 - any flavor - is just a range toy. Too big and heavy for anything else.
View Quote

Yes

I think this is what is keeping me from going balls deep.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I think of myself as a "CZ guy".  Got "a few."  Carry one every day.  Carry around my property, carry when I go to town or for a road trip.  Got steel frame, aluminum frame and plastic framed CZs.

I don't have a CZ97.  I looked at them a few times.  Just couldn't pull the trigger, so to say.  Ten rounds?  For that kind of money?  And magazine cost.  Not many good/cheap CZ mags. out there.  I like to have plenty of mags.  

If I were going to carry a .45 it would be the M&P 2.0 Compact.  Four inch barrel, 10 rounds, and the one I have is way more accurate than the 9, .357 SIG and .40 S&W M&Ps I have.  Not sure why, but it is.  Before the big panic I was buying 10 round mags for it for as low as $8 or $10 (used, on line vendor) and even lucked into a bunch of the 14 round M&P .45 mags for about $10 each a year or so back.  So the M&P would be my carry .45.  Just needs that red dot.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#20]
As for price, I paid $690 last month in GB auction for 97B, safety not decocker, and sent it to Cajun Gunworks for the full $600 package.
$900 seems high.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
As for price, I paid $690 last month in GB auction for 97B, safety not decocker, and sent it to Cajun Gunworks for the full $600 package.
$900 seems high.
View Quote

Again, apples to bananas

And paying $600 for an action job on a gun you paid $700 for.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#22]
It’s big
It’s heavy
Trying to shoot the first shot double action
may be a stretch for anyone whose hands
Are smaller than a xxxl lol

On the other hand, but it if you got the bucks
And check out the 97 bunch at the CZ forum

https://czfirearms.us/
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Again, apples to bananas

View Quote

The E conversion that CGW does is more than an action job. Yes, it's expensive but it's well worth it in my opinion. Turns the 97 from pretty nice to incredible. Rivals some high dollar 1911's at a much lower cost.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I shoot a 75 a good bit in USPSA and IDPA. I shot a friends worked over 97 and liked it but not enough to buy one. It was not a bad gun but not any better than a comparably priced 1911.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Low cap compared to Glock. I love my P01, but they have some work to do to make that competitive.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Based on your responses, you want it.  So go buy it.  If you don't like it, sell it for the next gun.  Or leave it in the safe until you do like it.  It's the hobby.  It's what we do.  Buy the new toy, until we get tired of it and need the next new toy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sure they were.
View Quote

I think my dad paid like $559 for his?!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Based on your responses, you want it.  So go buy it.  If you don't like it, sell it for the next gun.  Or leave it in the safe until you do like it.  It's the hobby.  It's what we do.  Buy the new toy, until we get tired of it and need the next new toy.
View Quote

I think I'm going to spend it on another USP
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

$500? I doubt it. Maybe a once in a blue moon deal. They held steady around $600-700 for several years now.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, I've always said that about the P220 too. If I'm going to be stuck to 8-10rds, I'd rather just have a 1911. My only non-1911 45 is a G21SF
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#32]
If I saw one in stainless, I would not be able to resist.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have a love affair with CZ's, and I like the 97, but they're big guns.

For me, it's on my 'If I get a good deal' list. And I don't think that's (or really much in this market) is a good deal.

View Quote

Yeah, even at that I struggle.  I rarely get rid of guns and even though I found my used (in excellent condition) 97B for just over $400, I don't shoot it often.  I did try the thinner aluminum grips and didn't care for them; they have the wood grips back on.  It's been a solid shooter and I've been a half-dozen different HPs though it as it was in that transition point where 97B's were only really reliable with FMC/ball ammo.  

It's in the back of the safe and doesn't get much love.  I'm reluctant to sell it, but it's on my shortlist if I'm forced to downsize.  I actually don't care for HK's 45's and as much as I love the 9mm/.40 sized frame Glocks, the Glock 45-sized frame just doesn't feel right.  It's not big, just seems odd for some reason every time I've shot them.  Now, the FN FNX?  I have the Tactical and if I sell the CZ97, I would probably replace it with a regular FNX 45...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#34]
$900? I paid less than $650 for mine about a year and a half ago. That's obscene. At $700 in today's market I'd say go, but $900?

I mean, you can't rape the willing I guess, but I'd look elsewhere.

And yes, 97BD.

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:41:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That is some good points. I might go tomorrow and hold it in my hand. P220 is my favorite .45
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
What that guy said.
The Witness is a better feeling gun.
I have both for the record.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:22:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Where do you find mags?

A year ago there were none.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:29:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yup, I've always said that about the P220 too. If I'm going to be stuck to 8-10rds, I'd rather just have a 1911. My only non-1911 45 is a G21SF
View Quote

I also thought that, then I found my M&P. It's a 9mm chambered in .45, it's pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Where do you find mags?

A year ago there were none.
View Quote

Greg Cotes

Witness mags for $25 or factory CZ for $42.  I went with the Witness mags.

CZ FACTORY, MEC-GAR & ACT-MAG
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Laughs in DA/SA S&W 3RD GEN.

I have more .45 Pistols that aren't 1911s. Ruger, S&W, GLOCK, Springfield Armory, Beretta, and Star.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Laughs in DA/SA S&W 3RD GEN.

I have more .45 Pistols that aren't 1911s. Ruger, S&W, GLOCK, Springfield Armory, Beretta, and Star.

That's because you're stuck in the 80's

Quoted:

I also thought that, then I found my M&P. It's a 9mm chambered in .45, it's pretty awesome.

I had a first gen M&P. Wanted to like it but meh

Maybe I would like the Gen2 better but its still just a 10+1 gun. To each their own guys but none of those guns do anything for me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's because you're stuck in the 80's

I had a first gen M&P. Wanted to like it but meh

Maybe I would like the Gen2 better but its still just a 10+1 gun. To each their own guys but none of those guns do anything for me.
View Quote

Gen2 is much better, and yeah it's 10+1 because it's a 9mm chambered in .45.

You can get factory 14's or buy +3 extensions though. I really got it because it's a 9mm sized .45 handgun. Aside from the striker, locking block, ejector, and trigger bar every other small part(ignoring the barrel/slide) in the gun is cross compatible with the 9mm/.40 M2.0. You can tell S&W decided to lose some capacity so that the gun could stay within the same size package as the 9mm/.40 M&P. The Magazines are kind of like stack and a half mags instead of double stack mags, which keeps it the same width as their 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd buy two if they made these in 10mm.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'd buy two if they made these in 10mm.
View Quote

CZ Custom sells these converted to 10mm.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:14:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Trying to figure out what possible use I could have for a gun with a decocker and always wind up blank

My convertible CZs I have set up with the safety lever.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

[color=#0000ff]The E conversion that CGW does is more than an action job. Yes, it's expensive but it's well worth it in my opinion. Turns the 97 from pretty nice to incredible. Rivals some high dollar 1911's at a much lower cost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, apples to bananas

[color=#0000ff]The E conversion that CGW does is more than an action job. Yes, it's expensive but it's well worth it in my opinion. Turns the 97 from pretty nice to incredible. Rivals some high dollar 1911's at a much lower cost.

[/color]

I'm interested now... What does the "E-Conversion" consist of in the short and sweet if you don't mind???

I have owned a 97B for 5+ years... I have a drop-leg holster that I carry it comfortably in and then I have a custom IWB kydex/leather holster that I can carry it in  sometimes as well. I carry Cocked N' Locked just like a 1911 so there is no long double action trigger pull for this application although I have large and beefy hands.

The 97B is a very accurate .45ACP with relatively low recoil... not because of the weight. The frame is Aluminum Alloy and really light. But because of the Low Bore Axis by design keeps recoil to a simple push into the webbing of the hand as opposed to a muzzle flip. When we go to the Family Mountain House (late fall, and all of winter) I carry the 97B in the aforementioned Drop Leg Holster and wear a longer jacket around the property, mountain trails, and Kayak fishing very comfortably. 10+1 is a nice option coupled with Underwoods 255gr .45acp+P Hard Cast pills that are great "Wood's Loads", hit hard and accurately, and penetrate deeplyi. Plus a couple spare mags in pants pockets or a jacket pocket make for fast reloads. This is a great Woods/Outdoors sidearm and I use it as such.

This model isn't as heavy as some think. It's more comfortable to carry than some say as well because it's rather slim framed for a double action .45acp and the thin aluminum grips make for an even slimmer profile with adequate grip.

I paid $750 for mine 5+ years ago and would make that same purchase again today after spending the past years as a reliable Outdoors side-arm. It's never malfunctioned once and is so easy to put 100 rounds thru into steel silhouettes lazily without any hesitation. As an "Outdoors/Woods Carry" semi-auto I prefer the 97B to anything else semi-auto I own even my 1911 Springfield Champion Operator  for all the aforementioned ease of shooting characteristics. Lastly, it's nice to have 10 round reloads on tap. The only time I carry anything else is when I'm hunting as I hunt with a Ruger M44 rifle in .44Mag so the natural choice for a back-up sidearm is an M629-3 with 3" barrel and chambered in the same loads as the M44 is. The M629-5 stays concealed very well and justly so. YMMV...
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm interested now... What does the "E-Conversion" consist of in the short and sweet if you don't mind???,
View Quote

Short version: phenomenal trigger and slide machined to accept a 1911 style bushing. Essentially zero play between the barrel and slide.

Long version, from CGW website:
"CGW Precision bores and slots the 97 slide to accept a stainless steel 1911 type match barrel bushing.  At lock-up there is zero play at the barrel muzzle resulting in unparalleled accuracy.  Includes all machine labor to bore the slide, slot the slide, precision fit the bushing to the slide and barrel to the bushing.  Includes all parts and bushing wrench with instructions on bushing removal. CGW uses a stainless steel “USA Made” heat treated barrel bushing.  The barrel is then crowned to 11 degrees for a stunning look.

CGW has engineered a better CZ-97B-BD.  CGW pioneered the barrel bushing modification for CZ’s, turning the 97 into one of the most accurate 45’s on earth regardless of price.  This also increases the reliability since the screw in bushing on some occasions can rotate.

Includes our famous Pro-Package upgrade that consists of our Race or Ring hammer, short reset system (SRS), reach reduction kit (RRK) with our hybrid T2 disconnector, all new music wire springs, heat treated pins, and a complete professional action polish, fit, and final tune.  Delivers a stunning SA of 2.75 – 3.8 lbs. (based on our customers input) and a DA under 8 lbs.   Sets off any primer 100%."
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#47]
I've never seen a new one for under $800 around here.
Now that I think about it I've never seen a used one.
I'd like to have one but don't shoot .45 very much and already have an M1911 & a Glock G41.
I just can't justify it, and I'm a borderline CZ fanboi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top